Convenintly omitting jones/gus and belfort/johnson

Rumble fans are starting to look really delusional.

The KO machine that Rumble is -according to sherdog- could not KO glass chinned Arlovski -according to sherdog- and one of the p4p worst strikers -according to sherdog- in Phil Davis despite having both guys badly hurt in their fights.

Im not saying that Rumble cant KO Gus if he catches him clean... but the hype is getting out of control.

How is he one dimensional if he can wrestle pretty good?

Alex knocks him out like his last dangerous opponent. Too much speed, technicality, footwork, lateral movement, TDD and boxing for Rumble to have an answer for. Once this happens there will be a whole lot of butt hurt Rumble fans turning on him and saying he was never that good. At least Gustafsson is calling it ahead of time and claiming he's rather one-dimensional (which I agree with). Alex should get some kudos for honesty rather than what typically happens -- trying to hype a guy up in advance so it looks better when they beat him.

I fully expect Gus to win but will stay a fan of Rumble even if it is a one-sided ass kicking. The guy has done a great job to find his way back to the UFC in the right division for him and put on some superb fights. Gus/Jones II Just needs to happen.

sonnen_armbar.jpeg

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he had something like that in his head.

I wouldn't call that an armbar triangle. More like a triangle armbar ;)

This is an armbar triangle:

Fabr%C3%ADcio-Werdum-x-Fedor.jpg

I just want Rumble to rumble Jones if Gus can't do it.

Humble Rumble won't crumble in the jumble but will tumble after a fumble. RD4

Dominated for 3 rounds against Davis and looked fresh at the end of it. I think his cardio is respectable at LHW.

Okay, that was in short, in long...

Let's start of with this, Davis couldn't threaten him standing at all, because it's not even quarter of the way 'there'. Where it needs to be. So he had a relatively easy fight, as he just needed to worry about the takedowns, but after he stuffed a few Davis was broke so Rumble could strike with him at will, but still did it with caution.

Then he knocked out Nogueira... enough said, he hasn't looked good in a long time.

But getting hit takes gas out of you and will slow you down - enter Gustafsson. He has a bigger reach than Nogueira, Davis and Rumble, and also better footwork than all three. I expect the first round to have a lot of jabs/body jabs and long hooks, then Rumble will get frustrated after being outstriked then just spam right hands trying to end it.. then he gets more tired.. Alex pours on the pressure... he breaks and gets tko'd for his troubles. IMO

I wouldn't call that an armbar triangle. More like a triangle armbar ;)

This is an armbar triangle:

Fabr%C3%ADcio-Werdum-x-Fedor.jpg

lol

This feels like like an episode of Pimp My Ride Grace Breakdown edition. "I heard you like triangles..."

I wonder how much it will help that he trains with Davis. Picking him to win either way but one dimension is enough with the kind of power Rumble has.

Okay, that was in short, in long...

Let's start of with this, Davis couldn't threaten him standing at all, because it's not even quarter of the way 'there'. Where it needs to be. So he had a relatively easy fight, as he just needed to worry about the takedowns, but after he stuffed a few Davis was broke so Rumble could strike with him at will, but still did it with caution.

Then he knocked out Nogueira... enough said, he hasn't looked good in a long time.

But getting hit takes gas out of you and will slow you down - enter Gustafsson. He has a bigger reach than Nogueira, Davis and Rumble, and also better footwork than all three. I expect the first round to have a lot of jabs/body jabs and long hooks, then Rumble will get frustrated after being outstriked then just spam right hands trying to end it.. then he gets more tired.. Alex pours on the pressure... he breaks and gets tko'd for his troubles. IMO

Entirely plausible scenario, and I agree that fighting one-dimensional Davis isn't fighting Gus- but I was just noting that Rumble went after Davis and kept busy for 3 rounds while throwing power and stuffing takedowns without slowing down one bit, so it's conceivable he can go 5, or at least does not have WW Rumble cardio anymore.

Of the two Gus is more one dimensional than Rumble is. Rumble has multiple high kick KO's. Heavy hands and started off as a wrestler. Gus is a boxer with good TDD.

Kind of a weird thing to say. Gus' is more 1-dimensional than AJ, who has employed his wrestling to win various fights (Hardy, Arlovski). Nobody thinks Gus is gonna be looking to take people down and win the fight there.

Still, Gus is rightly the favorite to win the fight.

Kind of a weird thing to say. Gus' is more 1-dimensional than AJ, who has employed his wrestling to win various fights (Hardy, Arlovski). Nobody thinks Gus is gonna be looking to take people down and win the fight there.

Still, Gus is rightly the favorite to win the fight.

Uh, he has very good takedowns and very well could. Looking at his last four fights, he hit one against Thiago Silva, a half dozen against Shogun, one against Jones and one in his last fight against Manuwa. So no, Rumble is not more multifaceted than Gustafsson is. Gustafsson uses his knees too, that was the beginning of the end for Manuwa and he was kneeing Shogun's face in in the clinch and even rocked him with a front kick to the chin. He hit Jones with his own signature move, the spinning back elbow. I could go on. Gustafsson's style is more boxing centric but he's very much a competent kickboxer with grappling skills.

Just wait until Rumble gasses somewhere in the second round, Alex will finish him. No doubt.

how about this. you have been in a coma since AJ was at WW. how about you go and learn about all the shit you missed before posting here?

Riding the rumble war train all the way to the title. Gus is a great fight but rumble is the best.

Gus is getting knockout in this fight. Rumble Johnson got this fight.

Back