Is Arman a hot head?

I think he's from a background of respect. He respects his opponents, but gets annoyed when people aren't respectful to him, because they're breaking the rulebook he was raised with. He was more uptight about it before, but he handled the fans being against him pretty well in the Oliveira conferences, considering they were saying stuff like "fuck you" and asking him what he thinks about how Charles is gonna knock him the fuck out.

You can say Americans are "decent people" and that Arman is indecent, but the American behaviour wouldn't be considered decent in most of the world. I think you just have to recognise that people were raised with different rulebooks and let people off when they break your rules...like I partly come from a culture that uses honorifics...if my younger relatives on that side don't use them with me I'll take it as rude (and I'd have been slapped up by my dad for it for sure), but if my younger relatives on the other side don't use them I don't care because I know they were raised differently and they don't think it's rude. Or if someone from British culture doesn't make eye contact it can come across as rude or unusual to me, but if they're from other cultures I know that eye contact is considered rude so I wouldn't think it could rude.
💯 hmm he kind of has that Khabib mentality.

Armenians have a mixture of a macho culture combined with insecurities about their heritage, at least in the diaspora. They remind me of Italian Americans. Very braggadocios and insecure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back