Translation: Gus is coming to wrestle. lol

Naw I'm kidding. Gus will mix it up as usual and I think he takes this by decision or submission. AJ is a goddamn beast though, and his one dimension combined with great takedown defense is enough to beat any LHW on a good night.

Rumble takes Gus down in the first 10 seconds, slaps on an armbar triangle, Gus taps immediately.

Sherdog crashes.

743.gif

Just wait until Rumble gasses somewhere in the second round, Alex will finish him. No doubt.

Dominated for 3 rounds against Davis and looked fresh at the end of it. I think his cardio is respectable at LHW.

I think that Rumble can and likely will beat him. cant wait for this fight

Fan of both, would love to see Rumble move forward, but I think Gus is right. Not sure how successful Gus will be trying to take him down if he feels the need, but he has the reach, so he may not have to worry about that. I'm real curious to see who shoots first, and if Rumble can deal with that reach.

In any event, I'm just happy Rumble got his weight class issues sorted out. It's a treat every time he fights at his proper weight class. Such beasting. Wow.

Exactly not only has gus made it to a title fight (unlike crumble), he beat the shit out of the g4g best fighter in the world.

Made it.... gifted.... same thing. Crumble has double the top 10 wins Gus does.

Cant wait would love to see Rumble get the upset but Gus - Jones 2 tho lol no lose situation here

/thread

The best part about this fight is regardless of who wins one badass mofo is going to be facing jones next with a noteworthy notch on their belt.

Made it.... gifted.... same thing. Crumble has double the top 10 wins Gus does.

Until johnson actually wins this fight hes got nothing on gus. Fanboys can hype him some more though, will only make gus' resume look even better when he rematches jones.

easy win for gus, then hes taking what should already be his

Until johnson actually wins this fight hes got nothing on gus. Fanboys can hype him some more though, will only make gus' resume look even better when he rematches jones.

Well, he would be gus's best win, so obviously yeah.

Well, he would be gus's best win, so obviously yeah.

Indeed, but add the fact that gus' two losses are much better than rumbles last two losses and this discussion is pretty much over.

*Yawn* you guys can continue the athletic exlosive hyping now. We're done here.

Not sure what's going on here.

Indeed, but add the fact that gus' two losses are much better than rumbles last two losses and this discussion is pretty much over.

All of Rumble's losses but one (at 185) are two weight classes below his natural weight class. He would annihilate any of those people now.

And powerful, and a great striker, has great defensive wrastling and decent/good offensive wrastling.

It's a good thing fighters take their opponents more seriously than the fans do.

I see AJ having little more than a punchers chance. I'm gonna go ahead and put $200 on Gustafsson at these odds.

Conveniently ignoring that Rumble just took out one of Gus's losses easily.

How is Rumble the one who needs to prove himself? Dont see much in the "win" column for Gus. He beat..... shogun. Thats it.

This match really is a win/win, I can't wait to see the winner take on Jones.

Betting on Rumble here. At +180 it's a no-brainer. Gus doing his entire camp with Alliance is a mistake. That camp has been going downhill. Look at the top fighters there- very few have shown any improvement recently. Davis' has continued to look just ok, Chandler has completely fallen off, Jury looked horrible, Pearson has started to decline, etc. The camp really lacks a good coaching staff, and Gus will suffer because of this.

Back