It is really difficult to dislike Rumble. He talks about what he needs to do to win instead of making petty comments about the opponent.

And he looked so much better against Davis and Nog than Gus against Davis and Shogun.

What's with the boxer calling the kickboxer 1-dimensional? Pretty sure Rumble is the more credentialed wrestler of the two.

To paraphrase that quote,

"He's a 1-trick pony."
"Yeah, but it's a pretty good trick."

So how many times has johnson taken down jones?

It is really difficult to dislike Rumble. He talks about what he needs to do to win instead of making petty comments about the opponent.

And he looked so much better against Davis and Nog than Gus against Davis and Shogun.

Convenintly omitting jones/gus and belfort/johnson

Rumble fans are starting to look really delusional.

Rumble takes Gus down in the first 10 seconds, slaps on an armbar triangle, Gus taps immediately.

Sherdog crashes.

I'm almost as excited for this fight as I was for DC Vs. Bones

I want Rumble to win though, ONLY because it would be very interesting to see his aggression and killing intent used against someone so calculated and varied as Bones. In reality, it will be a difficult fight to watch; I don't want either man to lose.

No! It will be same old Jones using his reach to make flat footed strikers freeze up for 5 rounds.

Aka rampage glover rashad

I hope Alex wins. AJ will get submitted by Jon Jones.

What's with the boxer calling the kickboxer 1-dimensional? Pretty sure Rumble is the more credentialed wrestler of the two.

To paraphrase that quote,

"He's a 1-trick pony."
"Yeah, but it's a pretty good trick."

Rumble uses basic kickboxing, with good force but anything else? No originality really, Alex shows a big arsenal of tools every fight, often very different from fight to fight, he adjusts to the openings he's being shown alot. I think his comments are justified.

And this is mma, he can take his credentials and use 'em for comfort on the night of his defeat.

Shit they fought already? Why didn't anyone tell me? :rolleyes:

Rumble has taken down anyone he's wanted to. And mostly he hasn't needed to take them down to win.

so whos wrestling do you think is better then, johnsons or jones'?

No! It will be same old Jones using his reach to make flat footed strikers freeze up for 5 rounds.

I want to believe that Johnson will learn from the others' mistakes...

I think AJ is the most powerful striker in the entire UFC. I don't think Gus will be able to get away from him for too long and I think AJ will KO him at the end of round 1.

Indeed, I really can't tell what people are thinking for example eRampage does so much worse than AJ. Sure, AJ got some good kicks, but he's been predictable with them and the distance Gus fights at will require some new tools being shown by Mighty Johnson. :redface:

I think AJ is the most powerful striker in the entire UFC. I don't think Gus will be able to get away from him for too long and I think AJ will KO him at the end of round 1.

Yeah, he chased down Little nog, so why not Gus too?

Amirite?

You guys made Rumble some sort of God just couse he knocked out a washed up Lil Nog.

Gus got this one in the bag, TKO or Sub late 4th round.

what won me over is how he tooled Phil a guy who i thought was an easy fight for no one and when i say tooled he absolutely dominated ....i don't like using mma logic but its still noteworthy that Phil did beat Gus

that being said i believe Gus is the better overall fighter AJ mostly relies on his raw power so this would be a fight of power vs speed

Good fight for certain. Yeah Nog Looked slow but Rumble did what he had to do. He also made Phil Davis look like crap which is a huge plus in my book. I'm half swede so I like the Viking too. He's improved in all areas and can take a punch. That might be what wins it for him is his ability to take a shot and keep coming. Rumble's got a chin too, beat some good heavies. He did get submitted by Vitor but I doubt that will happen. Good fight! I like both fighters.

Want rumble to win, but I think Gus. I mean Rumble beat Andrei Arlowski when AA was 34 years old way past his prime and Rumble couldn't KO AA ! Well he's not knocking out GUS. Can't see it happening.

I scored the Jones-Gustaffson fight narrowly for Gus, but I feel like there is a good chance he loses to Rumble and never gets another shot. That would be sad. But then again if he wins we probably won't see Rumble fight Jones and part of me thinks he has the better chance out of the two.

This fight will be won and lost on whether Rumble can effectively cut off/corner Gus. If he can't he will get picked apart and slowly beat up to a UD loss. If he can, he stands a good chance of getting the KO. If I were Gus I would think about working some well timed takedowns into the gameplan.

Rumble is gonna go Donkey Kong on this hypocrite

Back