10 Evil Crimes Of The British Empire

More like doomed to letting it happened for whatever reason.

I doubt anyone in this thread is about to commit a little genocide because they failed to self reflect over yesterday.
thats not at all what I meant but ...while the people reading this we can assume are not going tocommitgenocide ...its when you havent learned what gave "birth" to what led to those acts, that youre powerless to stop it from happening again

like crossing a street, if youre only taught to look one way before you go across and you get smoked by a car coming the other way, then the next day youre going to cross the street again and you havent learned to look the other way as well....BAM it happens again lol

The Brits were the dominant entity in the world during that time and they were bastards. The thing is, all the less dominant regimes were just a brutal only less successful. Let's stop applying today's morality to people that lived hundreds of years ago. It's just stupid.

The Brits were the dominant entity in the world during that time and they were bastards. The thing is, all the less dominant regimes were just a brutal only less successful. Let's stop applying today's morality to people that lived hundreds of years ago. It's just stupid.

I agree with this, but the people at the time weren't being told that their government was committing crimes against humanity in the name of empire building. So it is worth taking note of the tools that were used to get poor peasants to enthusiastically fight and die in the name of the elite's interests.

They were weak. Fuck them.
Dude+careful+not+to+cut+yourself+on+all+that+edge+_bac2e79d0f2e0c3813814e131231d155.png

A lot of the events they're referring to happened less than a hundred years ago.

What ought to be done? We are supposed to allow the Western World to fall because of a brutal and bloody past? Unfortunately, progress often comes at a devastating cost.
there is no "ought". I am not advocating for any solution or remittance to right historic wrongs. I am merely addressing the historic realities that brought us to this point, and that crying for Britain as victims is woefully wrong.

Earth level education, time to aim much higher, we are still prehistoric by universal standards.

Hopefully humanity can evolve beyond its past to a bright future.

what you fail to recognize is that the first world's prosperity came at the expense of the third world. It is still occuring today in less overt ways- just look at the crippling pollution in China caused by the first world's demand for cheap labor.

So the middle class Brit was not raping and robbing illiterate islanders, but his quality of life was raised due to those actions. But while the British tortured and exploited Indians, the south Asians "invading" England are benefitting the country as doctors, shopowners, and engineers.

The distaste you feel seeing a browner London has no intellectual justification. It is simply racism. At least own up to that.

The English divided families and rounded up 1/3 of French Canadians, then deported them on ships.

The goal was to diminish the French Canadian population.

That falls under most definitions of genocide.

But nobody gives a shit about that because I guess that Indians won the monopoly of suffering in North America.

I agree with this, but the people at the time weren't being told that their government was committing crimes against humanity in the name of empire building. So it is worth taking note of the tools that were used to get poor peasants to enthusiastically fight and die in the name of the elite's interests.

Yeah...because those pre-British regimes cared so little about their own people they didn't tell them anything at all.

Yeah...because those pre-British regimes cared so little about their own people they didn't tell them anything at all.

Are you asking me to admit that the regimes of the nation's that became colonial posts, were just as oppressive, and violent, with no moral high ground that could be claimed? Ok, I admit that.

I still stand by my posts and believe they are separate from these moral relativism points that are being made.

Might makes right. It always has and it always will. Anyone who says different is trying to sell you something.

The British Empire, like every Superpower before or since, was built on the corpses of those who opposed it. Or were just unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The wrong place being defined as somewhere the British wanted to colonise. Morality didn't come into it. We had better weapons and better trained soldiers and sailors, and we raped, pillaged and burned our way across a third of the globe. I'm very proud of that. I could give one tenth of a fuck about the people we slaughtered on our way to becoming the Empire on Which the Sun Never Set. It's what Superpowers do . It's what Rome did under Caesar, and you don't read about him saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered - I felt really bad about it!"

I'm not denying the British Empire carried out atrocities. I just don't give a shit. The people we fucked over would have done exactly the same to us if they had been able to. We were just better at it than almost everyone else. Ironically, the only real loss on our record is to the one nation that would take our place as the wealthiest, most ruthless, dominant Superpower on earth: America itself.

To all the people crying about the British Empire making shitty little third rate, backward countries our prison bitches:

pwX2R.jpg

Might makes right. It always has and it always will. Anyone who says different is trying to sell you something.

The British Empire, like every Superpower before or since, was built on the corpses of those who opposed it. Or were just unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The wrong place being defined as somewhere the British wanted to colonise. Morality didn't come into it. We had better weapons and better trained soldiers and sailors, and we raped, pillaged and burned our way across a third of the globe. I'm very proud of that. I could give one tenth of a fuck about the people we slaughtered on our way to becoming the Empire on Which the Sun Never Set. It's what Superpowers do . It's what Rome did under Caesar, and you don't read about him saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered - I felt really bad about it!"

I'm not denying the British Empire carried out atrocities. I just don't give a shit. The people we fucked over would have done exactly the same to us if they had been able to. We were just better at it than almost everyone else. Ironically, the only real loss on our record is to the one nation that would take our place as the most ruthless, dominant Superpower on earth: America itself.

To all the people crying about the British Empire making shitty little third rate, backward countries our prison bitches:

View attachment 78765

It's too bad the Queen didn't conquer Russia. Would have been way better for them in the long-term. They'd either still be part of the UK (unlikely), or eventually independent but at least with hundreds of years of decent administration, a superior legal system and maybe even a Protestant work ethic under their belts. Instead they are still stuck in a medieval mindset where the tsar (Putin) is supreme. New boss same as the old boss.

I'm not denying the British Empire carried out atrocities. I just don't give a shit. The people we fucked over would have done exactly the same to us if they had been able to. We were just better at it than almost everyone else. Ironically, the only real loss on our record is to the one nation that would take our place as the wealthiest, most ruthless, dominant Superpower on earth: America itself.

View attachment 78765

I have this sneaking suspicion that if my signature ever came to fruition, that you would be the same guy arguing might doesn't equal right.

Back