10 Evil Crimes Of The British Empire

It's too bad the Queen didn't conquer Russia. Would have been way better for them in the long-term. They'd either still be part of the UK (unlikely), or eventually independent but at least with hundreds of years of decent administration, a superior legal system and maybe even a Protestant work ethic under their belts. Instead they are still stuck in a medieval mindset where the tsar (Putin) is supreme. New boss same as the old boss.

The Russians have some fine qualities. Rational thinking is not one of them. As Ian Fleming so rightly observed, "Russians love the knout." Ivan doesn't want democracy and the rule of law. He wants a strong Tsar to tell him what to do, and to make the rest of the world fear the Bear.

Might makes right. It always has and it always will. Anyone who says different is trying to sell you something.

The British Empire, like every Superpower before or since, was built on the corpses of those who opposed it. Or were just unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The wrong place being defined as somewhere the British wanted to colonise. Morality didn't come into it. We had better weapons and better trained soldiers and sailors, and we raped, pillaged and burned our way across a third of the globe. I'm very proud of that. I could give one tenth of a fuck about the people we slaughtered on our way to becoming the Empire on Which the Sun Never Set. It's what Superpowers do . It's what Rome did under Caesar, and you don't read about him saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered - I felt really bad about it!"

I'm not denying the British Empire carried out atrocities. I just don't give a shit. The people we fucked over would have done exactly the same to us if they had been able to. We were just better at it than almost everyone else. Ironically, the only real loss on our record is to the one nation that would take our place as the wealthiest, most ruthless, dominant Superpower on earth: America itself.

To all the people crying about the British Empire making shitty little third rate, backward countries our prison bitches:

View attachment 78765
A9Upvb8.gif

Don't forget the fire bombing of Dresden which killed more than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined.

Don't forget the fire bombing of Dresden which killed more than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined.

"The Germans have sown the wind. Now, they reap the whirlwind"

Sir Arthur"Bomber"Harris, Chief of RAF Bomber Command:cool:

there is no "ought". I am not advocating for any solution or remittance to right historic wrongs. I am merely addressing the historic realities that brought us to this point, and that crying for Britain as victims is woefully wrong.

I do not believe people see themselves as victims. The majority are reasonably critical of and concerned over the relaxed immigration laws. I do not believe that past atrocities justify the encouragement of Muslim refugees and immigrants being allowed to take over the West.

there is no "ought". I am not advocating for any solution or remittance to right historic wrongs. I am merely addressing the historic realities that brought us to this point, and that crying for Britain as victims is woefully wrong.

You are forgetting it was the West that advanced human rights and abolished slavery.

The Brits were the dominant entity in the world during that time and they were bastards. The thing is, all the less dominant regimes were just a brutal only less successful. Let's stop applying today's morality to people that lived hundreds of years ago. It's just stupid.

So at what arbitrary point in history are we allowed to pass moral judgement? Can you extend the courtesy to Hilter and not judge his actions based on today's moral standards? After all, anti-Semitic views weren't exactly taboo in his day. For instance, a lot of his views were shared by Henry Ford. Hitler was just in a position to do something about it and decided to.

Interesting choice. Were the Jews too weak as well? Was Germany right in exterminating 6 million of them because it could? Is ISIS right in enslaving Yazidi women because it can?

Of course not. The guy is an idiot. He's only saying that because he doesn't want to admit that his country was a P.O.S. He doesn't actually believe it. I doubt his might is right philosophy extends to individuals, for instance.

humans have been doing this to one another since time-immemorial. nothing to see here.
This. Everyone has blood on their hands. Euros were just the most organized, efficient, and technologically advanced about it.

This. Everyone has blood on their hands. Euros were just the most organized, efficient, and technologically advanced about it.

European civilians themselves paid a steep price for the stability they have now, and have faced empires in the past.

European civilians themselves paid a steep price for the stability they have now, and have faced empires in the past.
Very true. It might go conveniently unnoticed by the white guilt crowd, but the plight of most Euros, up until fairly recently in world history, was pretty bleak. They, like other people's, we're basically prisoners of their own governments.

Yea some not so nice things happened in the past. But it's a walk in the park compared to the oppression that some members of this forum are going through in the present day. Or are we just gonna pretend the Beyonce halftime show never happened?

If a man wants to live an authentic life he needs to consciously examine all aspects of the reality of his situation with uncompromising honesty. My comfortable life has been built upon the backs of victims of genocide, slavery, exploitation and degradation since the dawn of human history and continuing to the present day. Victims with hopes and dreams and feelings and families, just like myself. If it makes you uncomfortable to rest in this acute awareness without equivocating or justifying, it’s because you’re inauthentic, and a pussy. Thanks for the article.

Back