10 Evil Crimes Of The British Empire

Shidlord

Predictabo!
@Green
Reaction score
Lets not forget those millions who suffered from such an evil regime that is all too often conveniently swept under the carpet.

http://listverse.com/2014/02/04/10-evil-crimes-of-the-british-empire/
A snippet.

In the 1950s, the people of Kenya decided they wanted their nation back. Unfortunately, the people they wanted it back from just happened to be the same guys responsible for every other atrocity on this list. Fearing a countrywide rebellion, the British rounded up 1.5 million people and placed them in concentration camps. What happened in these camps will turn your stomach.

Under slogans like “labor and freedom” and other variations on ” Arbeit macht frei,” inmates were worked to death as slave labor filling in mass graves. Random executions were not-uncommon and the use of torture was widespread. Men were anally raped with knives. Women had their breasts mutilated and cut off. Eyes were gouged out and ears cut off and skin lacerated with coiled barbed wire. People were castrated with pliers then sodomized by guards. Interrogation involved stuffing a detainee’s mouth with mud and stamping on his throat until he passed out or died. Survivors were sometimes burned alive.

The official body count is under 2,000, but more reliable estimates place the total dead in the tens or hundreds of thousands. Most of them were civilians or children, detained on vague, trumped-up charges of aiding the rebels. And it was all for nothing. Kenya was declared independent in 1963. In using those camps, the British lost both their African outpost and their souls.

The Bengal Famine
10.jpg

In 1943, a deadly famine swept the Bengal region of modern East India and Bangladesh. Between one and three million people died in a tragedy that was completely preventable. At the time, the extent of suffering was put down to an incompetent British government too busy dealing with a war to look after its empire properly. But in 2010 a new book came out claiming the lack of famine relief was deliberate and that the deaths of those millions had been intentionally engineered by one man: Winston Churchill.

According to the book, Churchill refused to divert supplies away from already well-supplied British troops, saying the war effort wouldn’t allow it. This in itself wouldn’t be too damning, but at the same time he allegedly blocked American and Canadian ships from delivering aid to India either. Nor would he allow the Indians to help themselves: the colonial government forbade the country from using its own ships or currency reserves to help the starving masses. Meanwhile, London pushed up the price of grain with hugely inflated purchases, making it unaffordable for the dying and destitute. Most-chillingly of all, when the government of Delhi telegrammed to tell him people were dying, Churchill allegedly only replied to ask why Gandhi hadn’t died yet.

If all this is true—and documents support it—then Winston Churchill, the British war hero who stood up to the Nazis, may well have starved to death as many innocent people as Stalin did in the Ukrainian genocide. Could the man who held out against Hitler really be capable of such an atrocity? Judging by the rest of this list, it wouldn’t be surprising.

Colonial powers doing nasty stuff to the people they conquered? You don't say!

Colonial powers doing nasty stuff to the people they conquered? You don't say!

The point is it is swept under the carpet. I see irrational defense mode has kicked in again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The point is it is swept under the carpet. I see irrational defense mode has kicked in again.
When did I defend those actions? Learn reading comprehension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Portugal also has a sordid history in Africa with "forced labour" going on up until the 1960s.

Portugal also has a sordid history in Africa with "forced labour" going on up until the 1960s.

Belgium too was also notorious for their human rights abuses in the Congo.

The point is it is swept under the carpet, you moron. I see irrational defense mode has kicked in again.

What the hell are you smoking? We've been learning all throughout grade school and high school how much the English were bastards. Swept under the carpet my ass. Did you even go to school?

The point is it is swept under the carpet, you moron. I see irrational defense mode has kicked in again.
I'm not sure what there is to discuss though. The British imperialists were incredibly vile people, I would hope most would agree with that

So what happened in Kenya just as bad as what happened to the Jews, and this is even after what happened to the Jews.

As for Bengali, bangladesh, that area has a long long growing season. Why couldnt those people just grow more food? The brits had all of South Asia to get food stuff from. The Japanese did not penetrate that far anyways.

You know it did mention the Irish famine. Don't you have any sympathy for the countless Irish who died? So if white people are killed by other white people their suffering does not deserved to be mentioned? How racist and anti-white of you.

I'm not sure what there is to discuss though. The British imperialists were incredibly vile people, I would hope most would agree with that
Its important for people to recognize that the great wealth of the West was built upon exploitation, murder, and theft of the colonized subjects. So whenever they bitch about "third world invasion" darkening the streets of London, Paris, Berlin or Brussels it is an inevitability caused by the imbalance they caused.

And yes, the effects of colonial powers in the third world are still present.

Probably worse if not the same as the Nazis
I agree. It seems to me that when the Nazis killed a people who looked white and could read and write while meticulously documenting the whole thing they set up that genocide as one to be remembered over one where the victims are largely suffering in the third world and the vast majority of whom could not read and write in a European language and thus could not publish their stories as readily.

What the hell are you smoking? We've been learning all throughout grade school and high school how much the English were bastards. Swept under the carpet my ass. Did you even go to school?

I am from England, i think I know how much of it is swept under the carpet in England than you. I was never taught this in school. British Empire was sold as the good thing civilizing the natives, the crimes were left out.

Probably worse if not the same as the Nazis
their intent wasnt racial genocide. It was purely economic policy, and an insanely successful one at that. The East India Trading Company was the richest corporation in world history, with its own armies and legislators. Untold amounts of wealth was transferred from the heathens to the glorious British Empire.

A lot of evil shit, there's no doubt about it. With that said, I'm glad I live in a former British and not former Spanish, French or Portuguese colony. Those guys didn't know how to administrate. The cultures of corruption are worse in former non-Anglo colonies than former Anglo ones. That's what happens when you leave priests in charge.

Back