Social New York Times Stands by Editorial Board Hire Who Sent Tweets Disparaging ‘White People’

I am angered by racism being deemed acceptable against white people.

With that said, she should just apologize and we should all move on.

We all get angry sometimes.

It's the view I have about Hulk Hogan, so it also applies to her.

1) Whatacunt!

2) I'm glad she didn't get canned. The reflexive purge in light of negative optics has gone too far. Yes John Q Public, sometimes assholes do make valuable employees. Such is life.

3) lol. @WetBlanket isn't worthy of arguing with due to being the lefty equivalent of a Russian bot and @Falsedawn is trolling the hell out of you guys.

How Asians are oppressed and marginalized.

He avoided answering b/c it is the fatal flaw of white privilege, that many groups such as Chinese, Japanese, and Jews have more 'privileged' than whites.

He avoided answering b/c it is the fatal flaw of white privilege, that many groups such as Chinese, Japanese, and Jews have more 'privileged' than whites.
I picture him looking like Carl the Cuck

YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE!!!!

I think the double-standard that he's referring to is the fact that some groups of people are allowed to make disparaging comments about other groups of people, while other groups of people are not allowed to making disparaging comments about other groups of people. The determining factor, in this case, happens to ironically be race. The fact that the journalist in question is Asian should have no basis in the acceptability of her comments. That is, to my understanding, the point that he was trying to make.

No one is allowed to make disparaging comments about other groups of people. Everyone who does it at the high level of public scrutiny faces some form of social censure.

Where some people are claiming a double standard is when they start make false equivalencies between what is being said. To create a completely fictional example - Person A runs up to a complete stranger and yells multiple racial epithets in the strangers face. Person B write a similar epithet about a different race on a tweet. It would be absurd to expect both of those scenarios to experience the same social censure.

So, when someone says "Group X is full of lazy ignorant SOBs who are incapable of adding anything of value to society," it's just insane to then equate that to anything that doesn't rise to that level.

People like to claim the double standard exists but they don't often compare the actual statements that are being censured. Or to put it in a less formal fashion...when was the last time anyone gave Louis Farrakhan a genuine platform to offer his opinions to the nation?

1) Whatacunt!

2) I'm glad she didn't get canned. The reflexive purge in light of negative optics has gone too far. Yes John Q Public, sometimes assholes do make valuable employees. Such is life.

3) lol. @WetBlanket isn't worthy of arguing with due to being the lefty equivalent of a Russian bot and @Falsedawn is trolling the hell out of you guys.

Trolling? No.

It had a purpose. I think some of you will be having deja vu in the future.

Lol, what?

Trolling? No.

It had a purpose. I think some of you will be having deja vu in the future.
At least you said "some". Otherwise I'd frett that you're lumping me in with an imagined homogeneous group due to identity politics. Whew, that was close!

As always, I support the company firing people who hurt their business and I support them not firing such people.

Also as always, I have contempt for anyone who claims that people shouldn't lose their jobs for things they tweet away from work or whatever and then change their opinions when it's a tweet or statement they don't agree with.
Paging alex jones haters

I support NYT for sticking their middle finger up at the outrage community. Bunch of pussies

Well people are calling it racist, just want to correct them.

I know white folks are having a tough year.
Just because white people can still get a latte and order things from Amazon prime with impunity doesn't negate the fact that there are people that are racist towards them. Trying to equate effect and levity or lack thereof to someone's views and statements, as I said I don't really care what this person says, but to act as though "no white people died in the writing of those tweets, so it isn't racist" is a pretty hollow argument, amazes me how people like you rail against the Trumpers yet you all love using similar tactics.

I support NYT for sticking their middle finger up at the outrage community. Bunch of pussies
The irony of your post is ironic.

Coming from a political side that cries over misgendering and not recognizing 91 genders and enforcing border laws.

This thread is a roller coaster of emotion . . . it's like some of you are purposefully not understanding what others are saying. On either side of this discussion.

My goodness.

Just admit that she's made stupid comments in the past and still has a job . . . . while others have made stupid comments in the past and lost their job.

Well it's not actually racist since white people aren't an oppressed group.

Well people are calling it racist, just want to correct them.

I know white folks are having a tough year.

It's not actually.

No.

White people aren't a marginalized or oppressed group.

A great retort from an obviously superior intellect.

Refute what exactly?

Back