Social New York Times Stands by Editorial Board Hire Who Sent Tweets Disparaging ‘White People’

Whippy McGee

Surf 4 Life
@Steel
Reaction score
https://freebeacon.com/politics/new...rd-hire-sent-tweets-disparaging-white-people/

The New York Times issued a statement of support for its newly hired editorial board member who had sent numerous past tweets attacking white people, saying Thursday she was merely "imitating the rhetoric of her harassers" and regretted her actions.

Sarah Jeong was hired by the Times this week after previously writing about technology and the internet at The Verge, The Atlantic, New York Times Magazine and other publications.

Tweets she made disparaging whites soon after emerged, including writing, "white men are bulls—t," "it's kind of sick how much joy i get out of being cruel to old white men," "#CancelWhitePeople," and, "Dumbass f—king white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants."

[twitter]

==============================================================

And Leftists wonder why so many people, not just whites, think the NY Times is a piece of shit and just a biased rag made for scumbags by scumbags.

Had anyone substituted "White" for "Black", "Latino", "Pick a Leftists Protected Group", the collective media would have lost their shit. This story would have been all over CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, and CBS.

Who really are the divisive ones? Who divides people by their race, religion, ethnicity? (Answer in case you are an idiot: Leftists)

The NYT already responded by saying "She's Asian and a woman so she's the REAL victim"

More communist crap by @Trotsky favorite paper

But I thought Asians were the good minorities?

That is only for Leftists when an Asian is attacking Whites or Conservatives. Otherwise, Leftists hate Asians. They found themselves one that would do their bidding and they celebrate her.

As always, I support the company firing people who hurt their business and I support them not firing such people.

Also as always, I have contempt for anyone who claims that people shouldn't lose their jobs for things they tweet away from work or whatever and then change their opinions when it's a tweet or statement they don't agree with.

That is only for Leftists when an Asian is attacking Whites or Conservatives. Otherwise, Leftists hate Asians. They found themselves one that would do their bidding and they celebrate her.

Harvard University has a lawsuit on their hands for not accepting Asians for the S.A.T. scores, even when they surpass every other ethic group test score... SMH.

She posts that actual racist and hateful stuff

A baseball player who posted rap lyrics when he was 16 that had the n word in became a huge deal and was forced by the league to give a public apology. Fuck this

She's just mad some white guy pumped and dumped her once in her life.

As always, I support the company firing people who hurt their business and I support them not firing such people.

Also as always, I have contempt for anyone who claims that people shouldn't lose their jobs for things they tweet away from work or whatever and then change their opinions when it's a tweet or statement they don't agree with.

Damn straight. If we just had consistency, but we don't. Not all animals are equal.

But I thought Asians were the good minorities?
Only when they keep quiet or shit on other minorities.

Personally I prefer if companies show a little restraint before the mob but in some cases there really is no way around letting the person go based on the circumstances.

And I'm no a fan of digging up old tweets to crucify someone. If she had made these tweets after being hired by NYT some disciplinary action would be appropriate but the most recent tweet was from nearly three years ago and the others are only older.

Only when they keep quiet or shit on other minorities.

Personally I prefer if companies show a little restraint before the mob but in some cases there really is no way around letting the person go based on the circumstances.

And I'm no a fan of digging up old tweets to crucify someone. If she had made these tweets after being hired by NYT some disciplinary action would be appropriate but the most recent tweet was from nearly three years ago and the others are only older.

Agreed. I think companies really should do whatever they think is best for them. Fire some, don't fire others. I don't expect consistency from corporations except in relation to protecting the bottom line. It just annoys me when someone starts crowing "Things you do away from work are irrelevant to your job and punishing them for it is an assault on free speech." And then they change their position. I think I really hate inconsistency when applied to the Bill of Rights.

Up to them, but it certainly hurts their reputation, and by hiring such a person, you can tell where this totally unbiased and neutral news organization's allegiance lies.

"Imitating her harassers"

LOL. That's a new one.

White isn't a race, it's a color.

She didn't say European-Americans, no problems here.

It seems like they're saying "She does good work, and as long as she keeps her personal views out of her work, it's all good." Is this a standard we're opposed to now? Are we for or against firing people based on twitter posts?

Don’t care either way, but the irony of typing the “things white people can take credit for” tweet on a computation machine is too much.

Back