Social New York Times Stands by Editorial Board Hire Who Sent Tweets Disparaging ‘White People’

I dunno why she thinks this. I've fucked a couple of Asians who like that big fucking white meat who know how to work it

I think the double-standard that he's referring to is the fact that some groups of people are allowed to make disparaging comments about other groups of people, while other groups of people are not allowed to making disparaging comments about other groups of people. The determining factor, in this case, happens to ironically be race. The fact that the journalist in question is Asian should have no basis in the acceptability of her comments. That is, to my understanding, the point that he was trying to make.
The determining factor is the market. Anyone who whines about this stuff without acknowledging that its a function of market forces won't get much sympathy from me. If you're willing to admit its a market failure then we can talk.
3) lol. @WetBlanket isn't worthy of arguing with due to being the lefty equivalent of a Russian bot and @Falsedawn is trolling the hell out of you guys.
He's making a very salient point. "White people" as a class was constructed to justify oppressing blacks and other racial minorities, otherwise so called "white people" would merely identity with their national/ethnic heritage. It wasn't always that way, at first Irish indentured servants saw enslaved blacks as sharing mutual interests since both were deemed on the lower end of the hierarchy. Overtime however racial language and propaganda created the rift whereby all European-Americans saw themselves as a class above blacks regardless of the distinctions among themselves.

The key here is that blacks do not have the connection to their former heritage the way whites do because they were brought here as slaves in a way so as to severe the connection. Whites are conscious, or can be, of their heritage since their ancestors generally came here willingly and did not have their culture erased the way blacks had theirs erased. This is why black pride is okay while white pride is not. Blacks have nothing but blackness as their culture and identity and as a historically oppressed group they are asserting their worth. White pride is pride in identifying with the dominant and oppressive class at the top of a racial hierarchy. The proper analogue for "white" people would be their respective European heritage(German pride, Irish pride, Italian pride etc).

(1) If you have any public profile whatsoever on the internet, particularly if you discuss politics or social issues, you are going to get trolled and/or harassed. This does not grant you the ability to publicly broadcast hateful race-based abuse towards a group of hundreds of millions of people with impunity.

(2) It has become the norm for people on the left side of the political aisle to "cry bully." Send out hateful abuse and/or say stupid things and use alleged abuse as an excuse or as a way to change the narrative. These claims of abuse are almost always unsubstantiated and frequently shown to be dubious. It's so consistent and so predictable that it's almost boring. My frustration is that it almost always works.

Damn, they really killed to birds with one stone here; she’s also a feminist.

All my Jewish friends are absolutely white.

Well, I'm convinced! Lol. When you come with overwhelming evidence like this, it's hard to argue against.

Nieve much?

Meh, believe what you want. I gave up a long time ago trying to convince others.

A) No, I don't think it would be the exact same contingent of people defending those remarks. But why would it be? If it was a white man making the comments about Asian women then it would be from a different context. It would be a different contingent of people defending the remarks and a different contingent of people upset with them. There's nothing unusual about that. We literally just had something similar with the baseball player Josh Hader. Different people on both sides of the conversation.

B) I think that depends on if the online harassment about his race and gender were the same.

I hadn't really gotten into this particular person's story but if she was really experiencing what the NYT said she was experiencing - I don't see where there's a double standard here at all. If people are going to call her out for her offensive statements, are they also seeking out those people who were offensive to her and calling them out? Or are they only starting their outrage with her because she's the public figure?

But this speaks to my earlier statement about false equivalencies. This is a person who alleges that she was responding to racist statements directed at her. It would be a false equivalency to compare them to a person who made racist statements without any provocation at all. I'm not claiming she's telling the truth, I wouldn't know, but if she is then it's misleading to treat her statements as if they came out of the blue. Her stuff is bad but it's not the same as some corporate exec who randomly tweets out something similar without the provocation. And so how the public responds will naturally be different.
A) But it's not an equal swap. I think you'd have many more people correctly criticizing the white guy in this case than what we currently have with the Asian woman. Look no further than the remarks made about James Alex Fields Jr. (the guy who killed that woman in Charlottesville) and Dylan Roof (the guy who shot up the black church). "Fry his ass" was mostly what you heard from people on the right. Bringing it back to speech, I can't think of a single instance where most conservatives defended the malicious racist speech of anyone. Can you? Most people are wholeheartedly opposed to overtly racist actions, speech, and attitudes of white men. However, when a female or minority uses similar speech, there is a contingent of people who step forward to dismiss or minimize the speech. That is, by definition, a double-standard.

B) Let's assume it's the exact same tweets, swapping out "white" and substituting "Asian," and swapping out "men" and substituting "women."

Quite frankly, I simply don't believe them. If they want to provide evidence of such harassment, then I am open to changing my mind. I'm not going to give this woman the benefit of the doubt, and I am going to remain skeptical of their story until they can provide evidence. It just sounds like a claim that they are hoping that they don't have to defend (or more likely won't defend, stating it as something that we will all just have to believe because they said that's what happened) because the harassment in question isn't actually real or meaningful to the degree that would warrant such a vicious response. Your logic seems to stem from the idea that she should be believed until disproven, correct?

Except that is what they look like, because they are her tweets, with the same single word changed in each.

And that is why you are comsidered a troll

*the more you know*

I've already explained that white people don't have to suffer through all the racist BS that minorities do, that's why the silky juxtaposition doesn't work.

You can't apply a "what if" to something and then judge it by hypothetical situation.

I've already explained that white people don't have to suffer through all the racist BS that minorities do, that's why the silky juxtaposition doesn't work.

You can't apply a "what if" to something and then judge it by hypothetical situation.
You sound like a racist who is justifying his hate

The determining factor is the market. Anyone who whines about this stuff without acknowledging that its a function of market forces won't get much sympathy from me. If you're willing to admit its a market failure then we can talk.
I haven't made the argument that she should lose her job. I have made the argument that her remarks are distasteful and demonstrate racial animosity that the court of public opinion should also find distasteful. I have also argued that the court of public opinion would be very different if she were either a member of the "white group" or speaking about another minority group, still making similar remarks.

Then you obviously did not go to college as a White Male. You are talking out of your ass.

I haven't made the argument that she should lose her job. I have made the argument that her remarks are distasteful and demonstrate racial animosity that the court of public opinion should also find distasteful. I have also argued that the court of public opinion would be very different if she were either a member of the "white group" or speaking about another minority group, still making similar remarks.
Sure but the court of public opinion only has power through recourse to the market. It only matters because these companies perceive that these individuals do or don't hurt future profits and whether or not they are perceived as harmful to the bottom line determines whether or not they get fired.

Liberals have gotten to the point that they are trying to redefine racism so they can claim it isn't racist when we do it.

I didn't apply anything. I pointed out that the pictures are pretty much identical and look the same. When you said they didnt

Everything else you typed is just you injecting whatever you want into the conversation.

Thus that is why you are considered a troll.

Back