Social New York Times Stands by Editorial Board Hire Who Sent Tweets Disparaging ‘White People’

White isn't a race, it's a color.

She didn't say European-Americans, no problems here.

So saying black people should die isn't racist? Are you being serious? Lmao

Btw, if NYT ever writes another article about Trump being hateful, they can go fuck their hypocritical selves.

And people still claim there is no anti-white agenda and that it's all just some right-wing conspiracy.

She posts some moronic crap, but seriously who cares. Looks like they hired her to cover technology and the internet, not "what's your opinion of white people" so I don't see an issue, she'll cool her jets after she makes some money and learns the only real color that matters is gold.

had to laugh at the "white people can't stay in the sun crap" after seeing so many Asian women covering up and using umbrellas to protect them from the sun, also shouldn't she be criticized by the black community for appropriating the "lack of melanin= bad, argument".

Well it's not actually racist since white people aren't an oppressed group.

As always, I support the company firing people who hurt their business and I support them not firing such people.

Also as always, I have contempt for anyone who claims that people shouldn't lose their jobs for things they tweet away from work or whatever and then change their opinions when it's a tweet or statement they don't agree with.
Pointing out a double standard is not calling for someone to lose their job or any punishment in particular. It is simply calling out a double standard. I think she should lose her job if she is incompetent, if her employer considers this behavior incompetence then so be it. However don't try to pretend there isn't a double standard regarding racism on the internet because it is a bald face lie, and don't wonder why white people in general are becoming more racist and increasingly viewing themselves as a victim group. Don't wonder why white nationalism is on the rise and why the divide between the racial groups is growing. That is what double standards do.

Just imagine a white person making those tweets about black/Asian people.

It's the exact same thing.

That has nothing to do with the definition of racism, stop trying to redefine words to fit your narrative

Well people are calling it racist, just want to correct them.

I know white folks are having a tough year.

Lol at the double standards. Papa John had to step down after using the N word in context, yet this is alright? In journalism no less too.

At least we factually know no matter who defends or denies it that NYT clearly has a biased agenda.

Another case of a company doing what it wants and the right crying about. If you don't like it do as I do, don't read the NYT. Other than that you can't have it both ways, do you want people being fired or ban for their social media post, or do you want radical free speech.

So saying black people should die isn't racist? Are you being serious? Lmao

Btw, if NYT ever writes another article about Trump being hateful, they can go fuck their hypocritical selves.

Why are you claiming a color instead of your heritage? I mean, i see why black people do it, but you European-Americans have no excuse.

You're an American, be an American. Stop segregating yourself.

I have no problem with these tweets and she should not be fired. And neither should white people who posted stupid shit 5+ years ago. Everyone has said stupid shit the only difference now is it’s all written down and stored on a google forever server. Fuck fake outrage.

Lol at the double standards. Papa John had to step down after using the N word in context, yet this is alright? In journalism no less too.

At least we factually know no matter who defends or denies it that NYT clearly has a biased agenda.

and people on this forum will use her articles as "unbiased and objective" pieces

Back