I don't know anymore

I'm so tired of my life. Doesn't seem to matter what I do, or how hard I try, I fuck up every single thing I touch and for every one step forward I go three steps back. For the last five years I've been telling myself just around the corner things will get better. Just keep trying, keep grinding, don't give up. But it doesn't get better. I'm just getting older and sicker and more weary, and I just don't know anymore. I feel like I'm going to hit a breaking point soon, and completely lose my mind. I almost welcome it, so I can just give up.

No friends, no woman, no fun,no love, no life. Just work and work and drink and smoke and lay awake at night, and wake up hurting and exhausted and defeated and on and on it goes. it's to the point where I keep myself distracted 24/7, because as soon as I have time for introspection it's like why am I even bothering to go through this anymore? What's the fucking point? So people won't feel vaguely sad for a couple weeks?

View attachment 328225

Yeah whiny beta cuck thread, I know. Don't expect any sympathy or advice or anything, just feel like I need to vent or I'm going to explode. Feel free to throw in whatever insults you want, I know my life is meaningless and I'm WAY beyond the point of giving a fuck anymore.

<WellThere>

Find a local pub and just start going there

Sit at the bar counter and get a beer

Drink it, and leave

Come back the next day and get a beer

Drink it, and leave

Come back the next day and get a beer

Drink it, and leave

People will start talking to you when they begin to recognize you just remember to always be kind

I'm so tired of my life. Doesn't seem to matter what I do, or how hard I try, I fuck up every single thing I touch and for every one step forward I go three steps back. For the last five years I've been telling myself just around the corner things will get better. Just keep trying, keep grinding, don't give up. But it doesn't get better. I'm just getting older and sicker and more weary, and I just don't know anymore. I feel like I'm going to hit a breaking point soon, and completely lose my mind. I almost welcome it, so I can just give up.

No friends, no woman, no fun,no love, no life. Just work and work and drink and smoke and lay awake at night, and wake up hurting and exhausted and defeated and on and on it goes. it's to the point where I keep myself distracted 24/7, because as soon as I have time for introspection it's like why am I even bothering to go through this anymore? What's the fucking point? So people won't feel vaguely sad for a couple weeks?

View attachment 328225

Yeah whiny beta cuck thread, I know. Don't expect any sympathy or advice or anything, just feel like I need to vent or I'm going to explode. Feel free to throw in whatever insults you want, I know my life is meaningless and I'm WAY beyond the point of giving a fuck anymore.

<WellThere>

I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

This mentality gets me through everything life throws at me.

Go to the gym or buy your own weights. Whenever I get bummed out I just start lifting to banish the negative thoughts, if my body initially resists due to fatigue, I take that as a symptom of depression and just grit my teeth through the curls. Play some tunes in the background

Hell, even push ups/jump rope help shake that shit off. Drink plenty of water and eat a juicy ass mango as you cool down afterwards. Get some good reading to focus your mind on constructive topics.

Mayberry sure does have a lot of depressed dudes.

Almost everyone has the same thoughts. We are raised to expect a fantasy world where people are good and life is full of opportunities. I was born at a time where this was closer to reality than it is currently. A good education usually got you a good job. Even without a high school degree, there were good jobs available. Often people got a good education but took a job that was unrelated to that education.

Education has gotten much more expensive as has housing and almost every other expense. Wages haven't kept pace. There aren't enough jobs available for those who get a college degree. Some studies show that as few as 25% of graduates have a job related to their degree. Many go deep into debt to get an education in a field that doesn't have many openings. Life doesn't meet expectations.

We are raised with movies where characters seem to fall into relationships but that isn't reality. Expecting things to get better leads to more disappointment when it doesn't happen. Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed but might occasionally be pleasantly surprised along the way.

Almost everyone has the same thoughts. We are raised to expect a fantasy world where people are good and life is full of opportunities. I was born at a time where this was closer to reality than it is currently. A good education usually got you a good job. Even without a high school degree, there were good jobs available. Often people got a good education but took a job that was unrelated to that education.

Education has gotten much more expensive as has housing and almost every other expense. Wages haven't kept pace. There aren't enough jobs available for those who get a college degree. Some studies show that as few as 25% of graduates have a job related to their degree. Many go deep into debt to get an education in a field that doesn't have many openings. Life doesn't meet expectations.

We are raised with movies where characters seem to fall into relationships but that isn't reality. Expecting things to get better leads to more disappointment when it doesn't happen. Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed but might occasionally be pleasantly surprised along the way.

This rings very true. We grew up in the age of the self improvement montage. It's not like the movies. Everyone wants to be special, feel like their life is part of an important story.

Seven billion people. Everyone isn't going to get a win.

ur almost ready to become a shitposter mike source: im a shitposter

Tbf I only drink when I can't smoke. I'd like to quit but my anxiety is 15/10 lately and smoking helps me to at least calm down and get some sleep. I really, really want to take a vacation but the struggle is real financially. Maybe next year if I'm lucky.

images

My life is devoid of fun. The area I live in sucks, the people suck, so I just sherdog and play xbox. Hopefully I can scrape together the money to move faaaaaar away soon.

That guy looks happy. Maybe you should grow a beard & blow dry your hair.

You're one of my favorite people on here. Despite our political differences you've been fair towards me. Stay strong my brother. @Mike

Incrementalism. You need to improve your life incrementally. First, stop drinking. It makes you fat, tired, and fucks up your skin. Then, once you’ve done that, start working out. You will be surprised how many bitches flock to your jock if you do just those two things.

if u kill urself u wi miss out on somany dank memes. imagine if u did it last yeara t christmas, like a lot of epopel do. you never would have seen ugandan knockles, or all the lulzy tide pod memes. and who knows what meme is next! i cannot wait for the next dank meme.

You just playing out your role Mike. If you are gonna "make it" you'll make it and if you never do well that's just how it was meant to play out. Embrace the grind.

"Sometimes I try to do things
And it just doesn't work out the way I wanted to
And I get real frustrated
And I'm like, I try hard to do it
And I'm like, take my time
And it doesn't work out the way I wanted to
It's like, I concentrate on real hard but it doesn't work out
And everything I do and everything I try it never turns out
It's like, I need time to figure these things out
There's always someone there going, 'Hey, Mike
You know, we've been noticing
You've been having a lot of problems lately'
'You know, you should, maybe, get away
And like, maybe you should talk about it, you'll feel a lot better'
And I go, 'No, it's okay, you know I'll figure it out
Just leave me alone I'll figure it out
You know I'll just work it out myself'
And they go, 'Well you know if you want to talk about it
I'll be here you know and you'll probably feel a lot better
If you talked about it, so why don't you talk about it'
I go, 'No, I don't want to I'm okay, I'll figure it out myself'
And they just keep bugging me and they just keep bugging me
And it builds up inside"

Hang in there , mike. You seem like a nice guy. I don' have much to add and many others gave good advice. Life is full of ups and downs .hopefully things turn around for you soon

View attachment 328225

<WellThere>

Find a hobby to put your energy towards, could be anything from sports, games, travelling, photography, etc.

Don't fall into the societal trap thinking in order to be happy and win at life, you need a woman, house, this and that before hitting 35. Really just look to be a better version of yourself always. Maybe you're the type that takes longer to get things to click and need to build exp. to get up there. Who cares. You're still in the game, you and the others will reach the finish line at the end of the day. He/she might make it 1st, and maybe you'll get there in 4th place, but you still get there, and get what you both came to do: the experience of it.

People have tried to shame me saying I'm practically 30, not married, have no kids, no house/condo. But they're deluding themselves. A couple of months later I find them stressing out and melting down about everything! One from work that tried to shame me, was going through a divorce. The other is a family guy with 3 kids, strapped for cash (legit less than 2k in the account) because like typical people in the west, they have no sense of financial responsibility and viciously play "keeping up with the Jones's". Its not like him and his wife have bad jobs either. They just punch above their weight and gamble with everything. Wife at one point thought she was getting promoted so they buy more shit they have no business buying, turns out she didn't get the promotion and got set back big time.

At least you're true to yourself, everyone has these problems, but put on layers and layers of fake bullshit to seem like they are doing extremely well. Don't let that get to you. Once you see what's behind closed doors of others, you'll see you actually have it pretty good.

You ever see friends and others who party all the time every week despite having what seems to be a "good life" in the way of career, social circle, etc? They have baggage, a shitload of baggage, and that that's their escape to avoid facing reality. I used to be friends with this cray Latina back in the day. Sr. marketing manager on the way to being a director, very socially active. She partied like there's no tomorrow, drinks all the time. Maybe even takes drugs, who knows. One day she opens up, says she feels she's failing in life because she's 29 (at the time), gonna die alone, her parents don't like her, her friends aren't her real friends, and they secretly look to chop her down; The partying+drinking helped her forget that.... until the next morning came around, and repeat.

At the end of that day, I might seem like a weirdo saying what I said, but just look to better yourself first and foremost, everything else comes second. And don't let the perceptions of others who are completely different than you personality-wise dictate your goals and journey.

Don't have any real wisdom to spout. Just part of the "hang in there Mike" crowd. You make a contribution here that people clearly appreciate.

mike bud i got a lot of love for you.

and just to reitterate how you feel, and what we tell eachother, just keep on going bro.

i myself was in the pitts recently. much worse than now, but not that things have gotten better by any means, i just re acclimate to the happenings. we all do. and i really hope you do too.

shoot us a message bro when ever you want. been a bit scarce from the forums, but def hit us up in pm. we all still there.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
<mma1>

giphy.gif

I thought you were running marathons every morning and living the dream
You're definitely thinking of some other Mike. Tbf I bet half the people itt are confused which Mike I am. I can tell at least a few are.

CPJbwU1WcAEcICF.png:large

What do you want? Like specifically, one thing (in reality, no lazer eyes) that you would want? Can you think of anything?

Find a hobby to put your energy towards, could be anything from sports, games, travelling, photography, etc.

Don't fall into the societal trap thinking in order to be happy and win at life, you need a woman, house, this and that before hitting 35. Really just look to be a better version of yourself always. Maybe you're the type that takes longer to get things to click and need to build exp. to get up there. Who cares. You're still in the game, you and the others will reach the finish line at the end of the day. He/she might make it 1st, and maybe you'll get there in 4th place, but you still get there, and get what you both came to do: the experience of it.

People have tried to shame me saying I'm practically 30, not married, have no kids, no house/condo. But they're deluding themselves. A couple of months later I find them stressing out and melting down about everything! One from work that tried to shame me, was going through a divorce. The other is a family guy with 3 kids, strapped for cash (legit less than 2k in the account) because like typical people in the west, they have no sense of financial responsibility and viciously play "keeping up with the Jones's". Its not like him and his wife have bad jobs either. They just punch above their weight and gamble with everything. Wife at one point thought she was getting promoted so they buy more shit they have no business buying, turns out she didn't get the promotion and got set back big time.

At least you're true to yourself, everyone has these problems, but put on layers and layers of fake bullshit to seem like they are doing extremely well. Don't let that get to you. Once you see what's behind closed doors of others, you'll see you actually have it pretty good.

You ever see friends and others who party all the time every week despite having what seems to be a "good life" in the way of career, social circle, etc? They have baggage, a shitload of baggage, and that that's their escape to avoid facing reality. I used to be friends with this cray Latina back in the day. Sr. marketing manager on the way to being a director, very socially active. She partied like there's no tomorrow, drinks all the time. Maybe even takes drugs, who knows. One day she opens up, says she feels she's failing in life because she's 29 (at the time), gonna die alone, her parents don't like her, her friends aren't her real friends, and they secretly look to chop her down; The partying+drinking helped her forget that.... until the next morning came around, and repeat.

At the end of that day, I might seem like a weirdo saying what I said, but just look to better yourself first and foremost, everything else comes second. And don't let the perceptions of others who are completely different than you personality-wise dictate your goals and journey.

Yeah I'm experiencing the bolded too. Out of my three closest rl friends one is missing for about five years now, and I suspect suicide. Known him since I was a teenager and still adjusting to this huge part of my life just being gone. Another one recently confessed he's super unhappy and basically suicidal, but struggles through for his family. That was tough to hear because this guy seemed to have it all figured out and is like a mentor to me. Tough to see that even the people that look like they have it all are struggling just as hard.

This rings very true. We grew up in the age of the self improvement montage. It's not like the movies. Everyone wants to be special, feel like their life is part of an important story.

Seven billion people. Everyone isn't going to get a win.

Most won't and that's ok.

But you are the center of your universe and since you don't have children you can focus on small victories for yourself. Making a work or school friend, even if it only surrounds work, sounds like a good start. I've struggled with it myself but having someone laugh and compete with is really good for mental health.

I'd be wary of women because of your baggage and just know they're dealing with their past too. And most women are taking a somewhat passive role in their mating partners and only get to choose from the men who approach them. If 90% of the men who approach them are just looking to pump and dump and they're trying to make real connections it's going to lead to some very serious baggage on their end too.

Are you obese? Does any past even from over two years ago haunt you on a regular basis?

What do you want? Like specifically, one thing (in reality, no lazer eyes) that you would want? Can you think of anything?

Prior to 2013 it was to be married, raise kids somewhere close to my best bud, and our kids could grow up together. Mundane domestic life stuff. Hang out with my wife and my friends. After splitting with my wife I just didn't know anymore, and decided to focus on trying to better myself. Not even focus on relationships until I was in a stable place. But that's not really happening.

Now I don't know, and that question bothers me a lot. I don't enjoy my hobbies anymore. Everything I do or think just seems to make me sadder. Even when I try to daydream about just being where I want to be, I don't see anything anymore. Just nothingness. I'm still trying but mentally I've already accepted there is no happiness. And I know that as long as I'm thinking and feeling that way, that will be my reality.

Back