Do liberals REALLY want Trump impeached?

Yes, we've gotten to the point where so many on the left have built up such a hatred for Trump's policies, personality, incompetence, and alternate facts (;)) that they are hoping that his campaign committed treason and actually sold out the country to Russia just so they can get him out of office.
I think anyone who's on board with that, hoping the POTUS did in fact commit treason, is a bit loony

Exactly. A lot of people ITT don't seem to even be able to conceive of other people actually wanting what is best for America.
Or maybe people have a different idea about what is good for America.

I like some of the stuff Pence stands for, but honestly we need Trump as our president.

I think some are always gonna be stuck on what's best for their pick

Sure, some, but it's like there's a literal blindness in this discussion. Like, even if you don't agree with the case against Trump (frankly, I don't see how anyone thinks it's OK that a president asks the FBI director to stop investigating and then fires him when he doesn't), you should be able to see what it's about, and it's obviously not that people just randomly decided to impeach or that it's normal partisan politics.

Or maybe people have a different idea about what is good for America.

That's not the case being made. It's that people cannot even conceive of what the real discussion is.

I think anyone who's on board with that, hoping the POTUS did in fact commit treason, is a bit loony

No one is, though. That is an absurd claim by @Dr J that indicates that he's simply unable to read the real arguments.

Meh, it would be hilarious if he did

Unlike Trump, Pence will actually honor the constitution and he understands that compromise is essential to how liberal democracy works. Pence doesn't agree with science, but at least he's not completely detached from reality and he has principles he believes in other than acquiring currency, non-consensual pussy grabbing, and white supremacy.

I don't know if they want it, but I do know they don't actually believed he will be impeached. I've challenged half a dozen of them to account bets on it and they all dick tucked.

I don't know why they would. If he's as bad as they say he is, the dems would surely win the presidency in 2020, right?

They're not really afraid of him being a bad president though.

No. What they're really afraid of is the fact they can't beat him in 3 years. They have no one.

I think we have to play the long game as a country. Sure, if Trump did some shit that gets him impeached, then so be it.

But I'm more concerned about the erosion of US influence around the world and the institutions that reside here in the US.

Very smart take. But our elites seem to care very little at all about the startling erosion of public trust in public institutions. A quarter or less of Americans trust Congress and the media, a few more trust the president, but a large majority trust our military. Sounds like a very precarious position to be in to me.

Very smart take. But our elites seem to care very little at all about the startling erosion of public trust in public institutions. A quarter or less of Americans trust Congress and the media, a few more trust the president, but a large majority trust our military. Sounds like a very precarious position to be in to me.
I don't think they actually care whether the average citizen trusts them or not as long as they vote for them, their proxies and their general interests.

837022b3d9ba8c0664db08d3ab4f16e15a73a683.jpg

OK. Well lets dumb it down for me. Was that a yes or a no?

no. its not a conspiracy of the type you're branding it.

so much of this suspicion trump has brought on himself. his issues with many media outlets....again, hes brought much of that on himself.

obama, both bushs, and clinton both got railed from the media at times too, depending on the outlet. the difference between those guys and trump, is that trump hands SOOOOO much fodder to these people on a silver platter. those other guys were more measured with their actions and their speech, which limited the level of panic mode media attention they got. trump? nah. he shoots from the hip remember?

Of course, yes. Pence is a garbage human being, but he's also reasonably qualified. He's not the type to snap off masturbatory twitter rants, belch out state secrets, hold highly classified meetings in front of dinner guests, and he doesn't have hundreds of millions of cash flowing into his shell companies from foreign interests. He's not such an egomaniac that he would behave desperately to get his way. Those are all indications that he would be a better president and far less of a liability to the country. He's also not a zoo animal.

(assuming Pence isn't completely fucked here, which he may be)

Last edited:
It is not a matter of wanting anything, if he has obstructed justice then he needs to face the consequences.

Doctor Doom is THE MAN! You f*ck with him and he'll travel back in time, kill your ancestors, and wipe your entire ancestral line out of existence.

Preach! Dude killed a lion with one punch, and he wasn't even wearing his armour at the time!

The so need to sell the FF rights back to the MCU. I want to see Doom curb-stomp Tony Stark.

I don't think they actually care whether the average citizen trusts them or not as long as they vote for them, their proxies and their general interests.

Agreed. But over time, it becomes not a distrust of individual politicians but a distrust of valuable political institutions. It is myopic and unwise.

I prefer someone competant and vaguely nefarious over someone stupid.

So yes. I would take Pence over Trump.

Back