Do liberals REALLY want Trump impeached?

I understand Trump has become the personification of everything evil, corrupt and dishonest in the eyes of Democrats and they wish him nothing but the worst, be it impeachment or even death. But I think people forget that if Trump is impeached, Mike Pence becomes president.

So my question is, which of the two is more harmful to quote unquote liberal values? In Pence, you have a guy who believed (or even secretly still believes) in homosexual conversion therapy. Pence is a true blue, Jesus-loving Republican. Are Liberals going to be better off with a Pence presidency? Trump is pretty much a life long democrat, an "opportunity Republican" who changed sides more on a "fuck Obama" tip IMO. Trump has given interviews to the Advocate in the past supporting gay marriage, when it was very unpopular to do so.

I think a lot of younger people believe that if Trump is impeached, they just hand over the presidency to Hillary or Bernie.

Well done. I've been laughing about this since people started jumping on the Impeachment Wagon. Even if by some miracle they manage to bring down the God Emperor, the alternative is far worse. Styles make fights and Pence is a horrible match up for Dems. He's younger and fitter than The Donald, so ill-health won't prevent him serving his term. He's far more experienced, so he won't make rookie mistakes like Trump. And some of Pence's views make Trump look like...well, Obama.

Replacing Trump with Pence is like replacing Dr Doom with the Red Skull.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Do you guys remember when the media tried to bring out another paid victim/actor every week to accuse Trump of rape for like 5 weeks straight?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Do you guys remember when the media tried to bring out another paid victim/actor every week to accuse Trump of rape for like 5 weeks straight?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Some were probably lying
Some were likely telling the truth
He has a long history of NDA's with people he's paid to keep quiet.

I don't know why they would. If he's as bad as they say he is, the dems would surely win the presidency in 2020, right?

They're not really afraid of him being a bad president though.

I understand Trump has become the personification of everything evil, corrupt and dishonest in the eyes of Democrats and they wish him nothing but the worst, be it impeachment or even death. But I think people forget that if Trump is impeached, Mike Pence becomes president.

So my question is, which of the two is more harmful to quote unquote liberal values? In Pence, you have a guy who believed (or even secretly still believes) in homosexual conversion therapy. Pence is a true blue, Jesus-loving Republican. Are Liberals going to be better off with a Pence presidency? Trump is pretty much a life long democrat, an "opportunity Republican" who changed sides more on a "fuck Obama" tip IMO. Trump has given interviews to the Advocate in the past supporting gay marriage, when it was very unpopular to do so.

I think a lot of younger people believe that if Trump is impeached, they just hand over the presidency to Hillary or Bernie.
No they want him to be president forever.

Even if Pence does assume the POTUS (and with the way the investigation is going that's not a guarantee if Trump is impeached) it would be better than a POTUS who is impeached regardless of policy. If Trump ends up proven in bed with the Russians to compromise American diplomacy, anyone else is a better option

Pence is worse from a policy perspective and an impeachment might be better for Republicans politically, but the question misses the point of the discussion. People are saying Trump is unfit not just because they disagree with him or even because they don't respect his intellect (Pence is no genius himself), but because he manifestly is unit, corrupt, and disrespectful of institutions and norms of conduct. Trump is a threat to America beyond just having stupid policy ideas and being incompetent.

Replacing Trump with Pence is like replacing Dr Doom with the Red Skull.:rolleyes:

Doctor Doom is THE MAN! You f*ck with him and he'll travel back in time, kill your ancestors, and wipe your entire ancestral line out of existence.

Depends on whether or not they find that he did anything illegal or that could compromise the US, IMO.

While Pence is abhorrent to me on a personal level, I don't think he is a threat to our national integrity the way Trump is.

I think Pence is generally honest and his strategy as POTUS wouldn't revolve around blatant disinformation and trying to undermine the public's trust in factuality itself.

While Pence is an anti-science and anti-environment moron, I don't think he'd be nearly as brazen as Trump has been in terms of attacking the EPA.

I also don't think he'd make pie-in-the-sky promises that he has no hope of keeping, such as bringing back a million high paying manufacturing jobs. The reason this makes me so nervous is that when it becomes clear that Trump is not able to deliver on his economic promises, he is going to have to distract the public's attention. There are two ways to do that: witch hunting and warmongering.

And the main thing is that Pence wouldn't have the irrational political cover that is provided by a cult-of-personality following.

Last edited:
While Pence is abhorrent to me on a personal level, I don't think he is a threat to our national integrity the way Trump is.

I think Pence is generally honest and his strategy as POTUS wouldn't revolve around blatant disinformation and trying to undermine the public's trust in factuality itself.

Exactly. A lot of people ITT don't seem to even be able to conceive of other people actually wanting what is best for America.

While Pence is an anti-science and anti-environment moron, I don't think he'd be nearly as brazen as Trump has been in terms of attacking the EPA.

And the main thing is that Pence wouldn't have the irrational political cover that is provided by a cult-of-personality following.
Pence is abhorrent to me on a personal level

I will say if he is found to be guilty based on evidence of something impeachable, he should be impeached, but he probably won't. I don't care. Whether it's him or Pence in the white house, they're both authoritarian douche bags. Just cut my taxes and do some stuff to make it easier for people to start and run a business, please and thank you.

Yes, we've gotten to the point where so many on the left have built up such a hatred for Trump's policies, personality, incompetence, and alternate facts (;)) that they are hoping that his campaign committed treason and actually sold out the country to Russia just so they can get him out of office.

Back