Do liberals REALLY want Trump impeached?

No, it wouldn't because the cartels already use much better methods than the underpants of a guy crossing the desert. Boats, planes, subs, and trucks

Do you have any statistics on this? Here's what I found from the Obama DoJ (2012), stating that 60% of the narcotics flow into Mexico before reaching the USA. Without any other data, I think it's fair to guess that 50% or more of those narcotics are coming across the US-Mexico border by land.

mexico-is-the-transit-zone-between-the-biggest-source-of-drugs-and-the-biggest-consumer.jpg

I understand Trump has become the personification of everything evil, corrupt and dishonest in the eyes of Democrats and they wish him nothing but the worst, be it impeachment or even death. But I think people forget that if Trump is impeached, Mike Pence becomes president.

So my question is, which of the two is more harmful to quote unquote liberal values? In Pence, you have a guy who believed (or even secretly still believes) in homosexual conversion therapy. Pence is a true blue, Jesus-loving Republican. Are Liberals going to be better off with a Pence presidency? Trump is pretty much a life long democrat, an "opportunity Republican" who changed sides more on a "fuck Obama" tip IMO. Trump has given interviews to the Advocate in the past supporting gay marriage, when it was very unpopular to do so.

I think a lot of younger people believe that if Trump is impeached, they just hand over the presidency to Hillary or Bernie.

They won't get it either way.

I understand Trump has become the personification of everything evil, corrupt and dishonest in the eyes of Democrats and they wish him nothing but the worst, be it impeachment or even death. But I think people forget that if Trump is impeached, Mike Pence becomes president.

Trump is no more evil or dishonest than the next politician. He just happens to be a lot dumber. And that's why we want him out.

"I'm the worst treated President in history!" cried the least qualified candidate

I think Trump is going to keep Trumping on and probably won't be impeached.

Oye... Trump is a wild man, but Pence is precisely the kind of Right winger that the Left does not want in power. I'm not sure Trump is competent, but I'm pretty sure that Pence is in a way that the Left will *hate*.

He's certainly deep into some bumblefuck shit now, isn't he?

He could be. It's certainly something that could really be happening, but... The problem is the media has been crying wolf ever since this guy's speech for entering the race. That little meme about "Increasingly nervous man declares 'this is the end for Trump'" thing really sums up how people, and sadly, the mainstream media have acted towards this guy from day one.

Every president does things which have people saying "It's time to impeach him!" It happened with Clinton, Bush, and Obama, and it wasn't rare. Even with "squeaky clean" Obama I saw dozens of times when there were people rabble rabbling about how what he just did would get him impeached. There were even sometimes credible seeming, if not actually credible, cases floating around for each and every one of them. The media didn't pick up on it before now and just left this wild speculation and wishful thinking alone. Now? They're practically leading the charge with every trumped up claim about Trump there is. So now, when they put on a strong front of "Trump is going to be impeached!" I simply can't trust it in the slightest - they've been so wildly biased and off base with the guy from the get go.

Trump could be impeached tomorrow. The media has been so incredibly negative about the guy that I can't even fathom trusting them as a source for determining whether this is really just happening or not. It's a sad state and our major media sources have proven to be biased to the point of having virtually no credibility about our standing president.

He could be. It's certainly something that could really be happening, but... The problem is the media has been crying wolf ever since this guy's speech for entering the race. That little meme about "Increasingly nervous man declares 'this is the end for Trump'" thing really sums up how people, and sadly, the mainstream media have acted towards this guy from day one.

Every president does things which have people saying "It's time to impeach him!" It happened with Clinton, Bush, and Obama, and it wasn't rare. Even with "squeaky clean" Obama I saw dozens of times when there were people rabble rabbling about how what he just did would get him impeached. There were even sometimes credible seeming, if not actually credible, cases floating around for each and every one of them. The media didn't pick up on it before now and just left this wild speculation and wishful thinking alone. Now? They're practically leading the charge with every trumped up claim about Trump there is. So now, when they put on a strong front of "Trump is going to be impeached!" I simply can't trust it in the slightest - they've been so wildly biased and off base with the guy from the get go.

Trump could be impeached tomorrow. The media has been so incredibly negative about the guy that I can't even fathom trusting them as a source for determining whether this is really just happening or not. It's a sad state and our major media sources have proven to be biased to the point of having virtually no credibility about our standing president.
Oh, yes. The media are just waiting for him to fuck up.
Which isn't surprising since we somehow elected an absolute dolt.

But to my mind there's plenty of credibility to the stories that are confirmed by multiple sources. There's a lot going on, most of which will disappear like a puff of smoke.
But this administration really is as fishy as Hillary. I won't be shocked, or think it the unfair result of negative coverage, if a few Trump knuckleheads are found to have been as dirty as Hillary was portrayed to be.

Wasn't the electoral college created to keep the unwashed masses from electing a dufus?

well In the last two republican presidents, it failed miserably.

Oh, yes. The media are just waiting for him to fuck up.
Which isn't surprising since we somehow elected an absolute dolt.

But to my mind there's plenty of credibility to the stories that are confirmed by multiple sources. There's a lot going on, most of which will disappear like a puff of smoke.
But this administration really is as fishy as Hillary. I won't be shocked, or think it the unfair result of negative coverage, if a few Trump knuckleheads are found to have been as dirty as Hillary was portrayed to be.

Eh, I can't even disagree with this. I would be surprised if at *least* one person in Trump's entourage didn't prove to be Hillary level sleazy/corrupt/self serving - and I would bet money on more than one. "Drain the swamp" will likely prove to be one of the most disingenuous campaign promises I in living memory. The selective vision people employ to pretend like he's doing this boggles my mind.

The problem is it (impeachment, treason, whatever) could happen and I wouldn't even know it because of how overblown *everything* the guy does is by the media. If I check CNN's page and see "Government lawyers brushing up on procedure for impeachment - Impeachment likely immanent!" (actually pretty close to a headline from a few days ago) with any past president I would have been "Oh shit, what's happening? This must be serious!" Now? I just roll my eyes and move on because there is so much histrionic and borderline false reporting on the guy that I can't trust *anything* and it makes it all worthless.

Our major news sources have become almost criminally unreliable concerning Trump. This is a pity because I really wish we had some even marginally unbiased people reporting on the guy because it's quite likely he's running amok under the smokescreen of blatantly and wantonly biased coverage. When the media screams bloody murder over business as usual, it's easy to miss when the man is truly holding a smoking gun.

Eh, I can't even disagree with this. I would be surprised if at *least* one person in Trump's entourage didn't prove to be Hillary level sleazy/corrupt/self serving - and I would bet money on more than one. "Drain the swamp" will likely prove to be one of the most disingenuous campaign promises I in living memory. The selective vision people employ to pretend like he's doing this boggles my mind.

The problem is it (impeachment, treason, whatever) could happen and I wouldn't even know it because of how overblown *everything* the guy does is by the media. If I check CNN's page and see "Government lawyers brushing up on procedure for impeachment - Impeachment likely immanent!" (actually pretty close to a headline from a few days ago) with any past president I would have been "Oh shit, what's happening? This must be serious!" Now? I just roll my eyes and move on because there is so much histrionic and borderline false reporting on the guy that I can't trust *anything* and it makes it all worthless.

Our major news sources have become almost criminally unreliable concerning Trump. This is a pity because I really wish we had some even marginally unbiased people reporting on the guy because it's quite likely he's running amok under the smokescreen of blatantly and wantonly biased coverage. When the media screams bloody murder over business as usual, it's easy to miss when the man is truly holding a smoking gun.
Yes. I wish this whole "Chicken Little"- level overblowing of every fucking story would chill until something real comes along. The net effect is causing disinterest and burnout.

Wasn't the electoral college created to keep the unwashed masses from electing a dufus?

well In the last two republican presidents, it failed miserably.

In part, but I have always taken its main function to be that it prevents a "tyranny of the majority" type situation. Particularly, if you've grown up in the country farming and whatnot, but then moved to the city, you'll realize that the vital segment of the population that does the farming and occupies much of wide open spaces of the country have wildly different needs and perspectives than the masses in the cities, but they represent far less of the population that the urban centers. Without something like the electoral college, you'll literally have big cities picking the leaders every election and the voices and needs of those wide open spaces - which are, again, vital to America functioning properly - at the whims of the cities, which have little knowledge of or respect for the needs and voices of those wide open spaces.

That was always my take on it. Though I think the EC votes need to be weighted differently, it does function in this capacity, and I think an outright popular vote would be a disaster.

I hope progressives remember these cries for competence the next time they plan for more affirmative action and diversity quotas.

Last edited:
Back