Would you like to see Cro Cop back in the UFC

brendan-schaub_mirko-crocop.gif

That ending gives Schaub so much more credit than he deserved. He fought a tentative, boring fight, where he was spamming takedowns and avoiding a fight, then he lands that in the 3rd, and it's all that is remembered. Reminds me of Marcus Davis getting KO'd by Jeremy Stephens, where the fighter that scored a brutal KO did all they could do to avoid fighting.

like yes really...

Cro Cop has lost two of his last 12 fights since leaving UFC. 7-1 in kickboxing. 3-1 mma. a lot better than hunts 6 losses in a row and then the loss in his UFC debut...

Dana will probably give him one fight if they go to Croatia next year, Big Nog or Arlovski as an opponent is my guess.

Yah know, even in defeat, most of Cro-Cops UFC fights were highly competitive. He was the first person to bust open JDS in the UFC. He was more than holding his own against Mir, Nelson (dropped him... in the first round? Second?), and was looking decent against Schaub... until he got knocked out...

Anyway, the UFC should bring Cro-Cop back for a rematch with Big Nog. He he wins, let him fight Arlovski!

Yah know, even in defeat, most of Cro-Cops UFC fights were highly competitive. He was the first person to bust open JDS in the UFC. He was more than holding his own against Mir, Nelson (dropped him... in the first round? Second?), and was looking decent against Schaub... until he got knocked out...

Anyway, the UFC should bring Cro-Cop back for a rematch with Big Nog. He he wins, let him fight Arlovski!

Huge cro cop fan but that mir fight was one of the worst fights in ufc history

like yes really...

Cro Cop has lost two of his last 12 fights since leaving UFC. 7-1 in kickboxing. 3-1 mma. a lot better than hunts 6 losses in a row and then the loss in his UFC debut...

Please stop. If Mirko could not make it in the UFC years ago he is not making it in 2015.

He has loses against Schaub (KO), Kongo, Gonzaga (KO), Nelson (KO), Oleinik (sub), got KOed by goddamn Frank Mir!!! All those guys are gatekeepers at their best and Mirko lost to all of them!

Then he fights a buch of C-level kickboxers in a K-1 WGP (all the best fighters were signed to Glory at that moment), beats an overrated Ishii and a 0-0 former sumo fighter and pro wrestler in Japan... and what, he is ready to fight in the UFC again?

Please. I would enjoy watching him fight in Bellator against lesser fighters but he has nothing to do in the UFC.

i agree he is way past his prime, but he has improved as of late and would destroy abu schaubi

Dana will probably give him one fight if they go to Croatia next year, Big Nog or Arlovski as an opponent is my guess.

This is just nuts and irresponsible to Cro Cop's long-term health. The guy had nothing towards the end of his UFC run. Big whoop that he stopped Mir's takedowns; he still got KO'd brutally by a guy that isn't near the top of the food chain. Schaub hasn't KO'd anyone since the Cro Cop KO and has a been highlight reel for many opponents. The worst loss of the bunch, IMO, was to Roy Nelson. Nelson is usually outclassed by his opponents if he can't land that overhand right. In the Cro Cop fight, Nelson actually took him down with ease and crucifixed him like nothing until the 2nd round horn sounded, then stalked and brutalized him the next round. It wasn't Roy's usual one lucky punch; he destroyed Cro Cop in multiple ways. That's not good for any HW in the UFC.

Cro Cop's legendary takedown defensive is gone, whatever BJJ Werdum taught him looks to have declined badly, his chin is gone, his speed is gone, and his mystique is gone. Bringing him back to the UFC would just cause him more brain damage.

A 40 year old fighter who has 75 fights in kickboxing and MMA under his belt, who has been TKO'd or KO'd 9 times.

He's about 10 years removed from his prime. No thanks.

Plus on top of all of that, he is better in a ring. Unless he adopted his style to be more like Machida's (back up and strike he the opponent charges in). He tends to come forward and people keep circling back forever so he can never land his high kick, even if he does they are moving away from it which takes most of it's power away.

I love Mirko, but I think it's time he hangs thm up.. There is no shame in that either! He is a true legend!!

ps.. If He were to come back I'd watch.. in fear..

Nah, I'm happy for him right now. He's doing fine, riding off into the sunset with a lot more grace than guys of his era.

This is just nuts and irresponsible to Cro Cop's long-term health. The guy had nothing towards the end of his UFC run. Big whhe said himself that he was waiting until the last minuteoop that he stopped Mir's takedowns; he still got KO'd brutally by a guy that isn't near the top of the food chain. Schaub hasn't KO'd anyone since the Cro Cop KO and has a been highlight reel for many opponents. The worst loss of the bunch, IMO, was to Roy Nelson. Nelson is usually outclassed by his opponents if he can't land that overhand right. In the Cro Cop fight, Nelson actually took him down with ease and crucifixed him like nothing until the 2nd round horn sounded, then stalked and brutalized him the next round. It wasn't Roy's usual one lucky punch; he destroyed Cro Cop in multiple ways. That's not good for any HW in the UFC.

Cro Cop's legendary takedown defensive is gone, whatever BJJ Werdum taught him looks to have declined badly, his chin is gone, his speed is gone, and his mystique is gone. Bringing him back to the UFC would just cause him more brain damage.

I know it's just an "excuse" but Crocop came into that fight with three or four weeks training. He looked physically the worst shape he ever was in the UFC. he said himself he was waiting for the last minute to strike when Mir was his most tired, because he himself was not in good condition of push the fight early on.

on top of that he never had offensive BJJ. he was taught how to get back up. what did he do when ishii was on top of him? he waited for his moment and push them off with his legs like he used to do two opponents.

He does look in a slightly better situation mentally and physically than the tail end of his UFC run but really I think Ishii was a very good opponent for him lacking much in the way of power standing or really high level submissions.

If he comes back to the US I would say Bellator would probably suit him better.

If you look at his loses, they are all top ten ranked opponents basically. Seems to have a weakness for UFC-calibur fighters, however. Let him finish his career destroying cans. Or be a low tier journeyman in UFC against newcomers.

Top competition, he's way past that era.

But who knows.. maybe he'll pulll a Mark Hunt on us. 30-11 record is still pretty solid, and wouldn't that be the most epic thing to happen to MMA? Cro cop, HW champion 2015. ahaha.

Plus on top of all of that, he is better in a ring. Unless he adopted his style to be more like Machida's (back up and strike he the opponent charges in). I don't think he would be in the top 10I'm not saying he would win the title or be in the top 10, but I think you would be aHe tends to come forward and people keep circling back forever so he can never land his high kick, even if he does they are moving away from it which takes most of it's power away.

I disagree. his style might have suited the ring years back but I think it actually hurts him now.every time he is on the Ropes he can't get off like he could get off the cage in UFC. he never had a problem turning people around and gettin off the cage in his second run in UFC, when he actually had a cage the training.

I seriously think that as he was in the UFC this time around you would actually take it serious. he definitely fight more aggressive and with more sense of urgency than he did in the UFC. I don't think he would be in the top 10 but I think he might be able to prove some people wrong if you got in the UFC. I think you could take Rothwell, Barnett, Arlovski, Mitrione, mir, struve, nelson and maybe even overeem. and of course he could lose all of those people.

After another win for him today by head kick

61029819-cro-cop.jpg

He's won 3 of his last 4 fights, well 2 are against Ishii

But I'd love to see him back fighting in the U.S

please no Gonzaga Gifs :)

Against appropriate competition. His chin is gone. Was beating guys ion his last few fights and then got dropped. (Schaub for example)

Back