Why is it, any female that doesn't act exactly like KK is a "raging bitch" that "needs to be KO'd" ?

You know what really grinds my gears? This Karolina with all those little outfits jumping around there in the cage, half naked with your little winks . You know? You're up there jumpin' around and winking and I'm just sittin' here with my beer. So, you know, what am I supposed to do? What do you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're tryin' to--why you're leapin' around there throwin' those things all up in--um, over there in my face and winking at me like that? What do you want, Karolina? TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT! Well, I'll tell you what you want...you want nothin'! You want nothin'! All right, because we all that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone. And to titilate us with any thoughts otherwise is-is-is-is just bogus.

How long have you known Ronda, personally? Or does the extent of your knowledge on "Ronda the person" consist of what you've seen on TV?

Well obviously it has for any of us. However, Ronda is very emotional and despite how much she tries to act like such a nice person a lot her true character has come out a lot over the years. Lets not sit here and act like she has been some perfectly calculated athlete that thinks about her PR and a phony fascad 24/7 like some guy like Sage Northcutt. Ronda has said all types of nasty things, acted hypocritical, and thrown unwarranted tantrums over the years for anyone to view and witness. We've also heard from many people who have described encounters with her and talked about how vicious she got with them for various reasons. I'm not saying she is some horrible person. She probably has a lot of great attributes that I admire. There are some. But overall she has made it damn near impossible to like her as much as I have tried. I don't need to know her personally to need examples about how she is personally. She has been in the limelight long enough to where she has shown the world a lot about her personality.

Maybe because Ronda is only outspoken when she's winning? Not wanting to promote the fight, because, god forbid, people might get to know Nunes. If she wins everbody will know who she is are Dana's words, but what if she loses? Fuck her, right, just another anonymous notch on the great Ronda's belt, why should people know her. Arrogance is OK, but being a douchebag isn't. Or did you miss all the mockery when Cockhold got humbled? I dislike Bisping but I cheered nevertheless, just because Luke was being a dick and patronizing him. Missed all the hate when Conor tapped? Say what you will, but Conor was running his mouth 2 minutes after that, takes time for every fan, promotes the shit out of fights, lets the other fighters he's facing profit from that too. Look at the embedded, where a UFC employee is twisting and turning and thanking her that she's showing up for her fightkit photoshoot, the whole talking through her teeth mumbling under her breath thing, being unpleasently surprised that there were people at the official weigh ins, like she doesn't follow the UFC and had no idea. Either female or male get flamed here. Or do you think she's entitled to acting this way because she cried on Ellen?

We don't care if they're a bitch, we just want them to be attractive, those that you mentioned are not...let me present to you a proper WMMA fighter...

gina-carano.JPG

I like Joanna, I don't care for Ronda. Can you make me a sandwich please?

Lets not sit here and act like she has been some perfectly calculated athlete that thinks about her PR and a phony fascad 24/7 like some guy like Sage Northcutt.

She did until she started to get paid, and known enough for B-movies.

I'm not saying she is some horrible person.
She sounds like an otherwise normal, somewhat flawed, but hyper-competitive person. As you've described it, I see nasty, hypocritical, unwarranted tantrums on Sherdog, all the time-- it's kind of interesting that a line of sensitivity gets drawn at Ronda, when it's literally the culture, here. The primary difference is that she's at the top of her ladder, where the combination of her conduct and on-the-job performances have resulted in an incredible amount of success at the cost of visibility and criticism. Something most people probably aren't at-all familiar with.

I don't need to know her personally to need examples about how she is personally.
Highly selective, but okay.

People dont like douchebags get over it
giphy.gif
yeah nobody likes Conor or the Diaz bros

Just poor kids who live with their parents bitch about fighters... They live in filth and realize that their life will never get better so as soon as someone becomes successful they hate on that person. They complain about ronda being shoved down their throats, all while spending their days talking on a forum about her and creating threads about her, then complain she isnt doing media because they miss her. People on here dont dislike her, they are obsessed with her... they spend every minute of the time their mom lets them use a computer talking about her..

She's extremely overhyped and ducks competition. No fighter, male or female, deserves a title shot after getting murked in their last fight. The last fighter, a bigger draw and more active than RR mind you, who refused to do media for one day and had to fly across an ocean to be there got pulled from a card yet Ronda gets a pass? Fuck that.

She sounds like an otherwise normal, somewhat flawed, but hyper-competitive person. As you've described it, I see nasty, hypocritical, unwarranted tantrums on Sherdog, all the time-- it's kind of interesting that a line of sensitivity gets drawn at Ronda, when it's literally the culture, here. The primary difference is that she's at the top of her ladder, where the combination of her conduct and on-the-job performances have resulted in an incredible amount of success at the cost of visibility and criticism. Something most people probably aren't at-all familiar with.

Highly selective, but okay.

This is all true, but lets not act like there aren't a ton of other athletes that have had similar success that haven't had so many of the outbursts, the tantrums, the questionable behavioral patterns, the history of domestic abuse against her boyfriends, and other mentionable things. I agree with a lot of what you say up top, and a lot of those character traits have helped her to accomplish what she has. No doubt about that. But we've seen a lot of her on display over the years, and she simply isn't emotionally strong enough to hide who she is like a lot of other athletes do pretty well. We've seen all types of great champions over the years that never really put those types of things on display like she has. Its not like her entire career has been put on some cheesy reality show platform where editing had to show her confrontations all the time just to make viewers watch. She did have a stint on TUF where some of that took place for sure, but the rest has been in all types of situations. Ronda has a lot of anger issues, and I thinks she struggles with it a lot emotionally. She is the perfect type of person that really needs therapy.

People get treaed like they deserve to

Act like a cunt = get treated like a cunt

It's always hilarious to see someone painting Ronda as this poor victim of the patriarchy. That only a sexist pig would dare to not fall madly in love with her.

It's bullshit. She has no class. Not shaking hands after a fight. Bullying people like PVZ. Who the hell would like her?

Soon as 2 girls tried dancing on stage and having fun it was, "omg they're SUCH girls, they don't take fighting serious"

Yeah, the reaction there was weird.

I tend to like it when fighters have fun at the weigh ins, been watching mean mugs for too many years.

The Rampage Jones weigh in was hysterical. So was PVZ Waterson.

Fun is good.

So is weird, like Anderson's mask at the Vitor weigh in. Loved that.

The pushing, growling, posturing and barking? Totally over that, yawn city.

Back