Media Whose the current most HATED UFC fighter?

Colby Covington
Jon Jones
Israel Adesanya
Conor McGregor
Islam Makhachev
Ian Garry
Paddy Pimblett
Aljamain Sterling
Sean O’Malley
Khamzat Chimaev

Top 10 in no particular order. Seem to get the most negative attention around here.

0_UFC-Fight-Night-The-O2.jpg

Depends on who is fighting most recently and how dominant they have been.

However, the top 3 are Conor, Jones, and Izzy even when they are not fighting.

1) Izzy gets the absolute most amount of hate bar none. The crimes his haters accuse him of are touching his dog inappropriately, not being an "exciting" fighter, and being a weeb.

2) Jones: some of the hate can be attributed to the fact that he is the most accomplished active fighter in MMA and possibly of all time (he is GOAT imo), so naturally he is very visible and thus it will bring a ton of haters and admirers. Doesn't help that he has actually committed crimes.

3) Conor: was at the top of the world then spiralled out of control. The hate he gets was mostly from the Khabib fight which split people based on ideology. However, I think he soon lost even the people who hated Khabib with how he acted after that. The way he lashed out at Dustin and his wife, assaulting random people, and all the accusations against him. Also, much like Jones, the amount of hate can also be attributed to his success and visibility as the single most famous MMA fighter in history.

For a while it was Sterling I feel, but now I think it has to be Garry

Actually, the notorious fighters that the most people love are also the most hated. It just doesn't appear that way because it balances out in our perceptions with their fan love.

Conor and Ronda have gotten far more sheer hate than those prominently being mentioned in this thread if one was able to measure it; it just isn't as one-sided as someone like Colby (who doesn't have many fans that love him). They get hate from people that don't even recognize the name or even care about someone like Colby. Strickland seems to have moved toward this status.

No one’s come at me with more unbridled keyboard ferocity than a disciple of the temple of Jon Jones (with the exception of the ever classy @Davidjacksonjones) or a full time Adesanya hater. 🤷🏻‍♂️ “3-1”, “dog pp”, “anime ghey”
@Davidjacksonjones is why I stopped hating Jon Jones... the guy is all class

We are discussing fighters so that excludes Costa.

Clown OMalley
Strickland
Or Colby

I dont hate them but they are super fucking annoying.

Whose? ;)

Holly Holm, Chito Vera are two fighter I love to hate. Masvidal is right up there for me too.

I don't like Rose Namajunas either but hate is a strong word!

I'd say Ian Garry might have taken the top slot, but Colby did himself no favors in that last presser followed by literally doing nothing til the last couple of minutes of the fight.

Ian Garry is literally an misguided embryo. What he does doesn't count - he's basically an infant.

Paddy
Garry

Both tried to get attention and got the wrong type of attention

Strictly by quantity for sure Conor: he’s likely known by a billion people and half of them now dislike him … half a billion is way more people than all the other mentions put together.

By sheer level of hatred and ratio of haters-to-fans, definitely Colby IMO.

Back