Media Henry Cejudo: Belal Muhammad is the next Khabib (remember the name)

I didn't necessarily anticipate Colby fighting THAT badly, but I did say he crossed the magic 35y/o boundary and was going to have serious ring rust from not doing anything for a very long time

That's the point though, it being that bad is what makes it hilariously wrong. The strong contrast between what happened and what Cejudo thought what would happen.

And ring rust is indeed a factor. But Colby has been inactive before and performed well after long periods of inactivity. Granted he was never inactive this long, but it still was reasonable evidence that it could not have played a very significant factor in the fight. However, it seemingly played a very big factor in the fight. But I don't think Henry was unreasonable to think it wouldn't have been, given the evidence we had.

35 is a number based on when champs lose their belts at the lower weigth classes. It's not magical and it's not inherent to any kind of success at that age, in the cage, just belt holders losing their belts. But GSP for example won his MW belt at 36. High level fighters still win high level fights past 35, in general. I don't buy into this superstition that is being created around that number.

Terrible analyst imo. He's wrong all the time
He's wrong af about his fight predictions but super elite with his game planning and technique advice. He taught Jones the particular wall guillotine that he subbed Gane with

I don't think there's a bigger pseudo-intellectual out there right now than Henry Cejudo. The smugness etc... my god. I can't scroll away fast enough when I see his face.

He’s got a face for radio. Shame about his voice!

That's the point though, it being that bad is what makes it hilariously wrong. The strong contrast between what happened and what Cejudo thought what would happen.

And ring rust is indeed a factor. But Colby has been inactive before and performed well after long periods of inactivity. Granted he was never inactive this long, but it still was reasonable evidence that it could not have played a very significant factor in the fight. However, it seemingly played a very big factor in the fight. But I don't think Henry was unreasonable to think it wouldn't have been, given the evidence we had.

35 is a number based on when champs lose their belts at the lower weigth classes. It's not magical and it's not inherent to any kind of success at that age, in the cage, just belt holders losing their belts. But GSP for example won his MW belt at 36. High level fighters still win high level fights past 35, in general. I don't buy into this superstition that is being created around that number.

Don’t overlook the fact that Leon shut him down. Colby couldn’t do anything. Same thing happens to Jon Jones’ opponents more often than not.

Back