Who wins? Current Jones vs Alex Pereira.

I'll take the Jones who barely scraped by Reyes over the Pereira who barely scraped by Blachowicz, and I'll take the Jones who couldn't even finish Anthony Smith over the Pereira who got knocked the fuck out by Izzy.

But decent trolling.

Jan destroyed Reyes and he was actually a champ.

Reyes best achievements is losing to Jones.

Lol, Jon Jones has 86,5 inch reach. Vs 79 inch Alex.
Almost 7inches range is a big issue bro.
Alex is a sniper, he likes to jab, use calf kicks and straights to the body.
He can't play the range game with bones.

Alex usually finish his figths luring the opponent to step in, them they got caugthed square by his left hook.

Against Jones, Alex will need to step in, and I can see Jones entering the takedown the exact moment Pereira throws a Punch, the same way he did against gane.
Them bye bye Alex.

Obviously, Pereira have a nuke in his hand, and can knock Jones out, but that's it. He have a Puncher's chance.

Jan destroyed Reyes and he was actually a champ.

Reyes best achievements is losing to Jones.

I was kinda getting the vibe that the dude I was replying to was trolling. Still, it's always funny when someone are using Jones' close decisions as a way of putting him down. So I was being serious in the way that well, if the worst of Jones' performances are him winning close decisions and/or not being able to finish some dude, it's still better than your guy getting knocked out.

I don't think it would be a good fight.

Jones is just levels above anything Alex has delt with in the wrestling and grappling. If Jan and Jiri took him down, Jones will 100 percent for sure find a way to get him down, over and over again.

If Alex can survive he will have his opportunities each round.. but Jones throughout his career has been extremely good defensively and is great at avoiding these big shots and danger on the feet. The only thing that makes it kinda interesting is Jones has just been so inactive so where he is really at these days is just a mystery.. but he sure didn't look too bad against Gane.

I think it's just a waste of a fight right now. Say Jones just embarrasses Alex and then never fights him again (which is the most likely result ). What's the fun in that? Alex is the best thing UFC has going on right now so I don't think this is the fight to make.

Jones vs Aspinal or Stipe works just fine.

Jones fanboys are caught in this weird place of trying to build Pereira up to be some challenge while simultaneously justifying ducking Aspinall when everybody knows the Pereira fight is a complete squash match at HW.

I see Alex leaving with 2 bad knees, a fucked elbow and a smashed in face from getting dropped on it after being choked unconscious by a standing guillotine

Jones by takedow

Let's not take the bait and support this duckfest

Jones fanboys are caught in this weird place of trying to build Pereira up to be some challenge while simultaneously justifying ducking Aspinall when everybody knows the Pereira fight is a complete squash match at HW.

I'm a fan of Jones. I'm not a fanboy, though, but leave that be.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not trying to build Alex up. I know he's an easier match-up for Jones than Aspinall. I also know that Alex is a much bigger name than Tom, and I know that Jones is on his way out.

It's not that complicated really, unless Jones-haters are deliberately trying to make it so by being salty. As fuck.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not trying to build Alex up. I know he's an easier match-up for Jones than Aspinall. I also know that Alex is a much bigger name than Tom, and I know that Jones is on his way out.
And why exactly do you give one solitary fuck about the money that Jones or the UFC makes?

Aspinall is clearly the more compelling and interesting matchup. Wanting the fight cause of "big names" is some casual shit.

Jones wins this one. Alex can handle the ground game of good grapplers like Jan, Jiri, but Jon is just another level.

I like Jones in this fight.

'll take this fight any day of the week over Jones vs Tom as fan.

And why exactly do you give one solitary fuck about the money that Jones or the UFC makes?

Aspinall is clearly the more compelling and interesting matchup. Wanting the fight cause of "big names" is some casual shit.

Where did I say a solitary thing about money?

Jones is on his way out, looking for a final fight. He obviously seeks to go out on top, which means fighting a big name. Aspinall isn't a big name. Pereira is, at least as of now. Stipe is too, legacy wise.
Stipe and Pereira happens to be easier match ups, too. Pereira cuz of style, Stipe cuz of age.

So basically the point is: I believe Jones is the GOAT of MMA, and as such he gets to pick and choose his final fight.

As i ALSO implied: If this isn't Jones' final fight, he should obviously fight Aspinall.

Where did I say a solitary thing about money?

Jones is on his way out, looking for a final fight. He obviously seeks to go out on top, which means fighting a big name. Aspinall isn't a big name. Pereira is, at least as of now. Stipe is too, legacy wise.
Stipe and Pereira happens to be easier match ups, too. Pereira cuz of style, Stipe cuz of age.

So basically the point is: I believe Jones is the GOAT of MMA, and as such he gets to pick and choose his final fight.

As i ALSO implied: If this isn't Jones' final fight, he should obviously fight Aspinall.
I'll ask you a similar thing again then, why do you even care about Jones going out on top, or his legacy?

Why do you not care to see him in the most compelling fight available which is Aspinall?

What I care about his seeing the best fighting the best, and that's Aspinall vs Jones, no debate, not some legacy jerk off fight with Gradpa Stipe or a squash match vs Pereira.

You're basically defending Jones ducking Aspinall without saying it directly.

I'll ask you a similar thing again then, why do you even care about Jones going out on top, or his legacy?

Why do you not care to see him in the most compelling fight available which is Aspinall?

What I care about his seeing the best fighting the best, and that's Aspinall vs Jones, no debate, not some legacy jerk off fight with Gradpa Stipe or a squash match vs Pereira.

You're basically defending Jones ducking Aspinall without saying it directly.

I'm defending Jones ducking Aspinall.

Basically saying it directly.

I wouldn't say Alex is in the middle of his prime, lot of wars in kickboxing. At HW, Jon subs him even if he isn't on PEDs at the moment.

It's hard to say about prime and age. Towards the end of his LHW career, Jones seem to lose much of his wrestling ability. That can happen when you start wrestling in your youth and continue through your early 20s than another 10-15 years of MMA. Look at Askren. A lot of time fighters' knees and back just aren't the same by their mid-30s. Kickboxing (and other forms of striking) and grappling can both add wear, but in different ways.

The fact that Jones almost looked like his old self against Gane adds another twist. Maybe's Gane's wrestling and ground game was that bad. Or maybe the extra weight helped Jones. It's hard to say. Either way, I think a young prime Jones would easily take down Pereira and finish him with GnP (hellbows probably) or a sub. It's a harder call now.

Back