Which 3 fights were offered to Leon?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I remember Dana saying something like Leon Edwards was offered three different opponents for UFC 300 and he said yes to all three of them. Was it ever revealed which fighters these were?

Not Belal apparently hahahahaha

Why would they? Look at how many people were disappointed with Pereira v Hill which is a fantastic matchup between the two best strikers in the division. MMA fans would have rioted if Leon v Belal were the headliner. I'm not even sure they'd want it to headline a regular card.

Bunch of Muslims (Islam, Khamzat, Shavkat) during Ramadan.

Or maybe DDP. Izzy says he accepted to fight DDP at UFC 300 but DDP's side turned it down. So maybe DDP isn't recovered from Strickland and turned down Leon too?

I remember Dana saying something like Leon Edwards was offered three different opponents for UFC 300 and he said yes to all three of them. Was it ever revealed which fighters these were?
Islam, shavkhat, khamzat

Bunch of Muslims (Islam, Khamzat, Shavkat) during Ramadan.

Or maybe DDP. Izzy says he accepted to fight DDP at UFC 300 but DDP's side turned it down. So maybe DDP isn't recovered from Strickland and turned down Leon too?
Basically, a bunch of fights that would never happen just so the ufc can say we offered him 3 fights and said yes to all, he’s so bad ass

Why would they? Look at how many people were disappointed with Pereira v Hill which is a fantastic matchup between the two best strikers in the division. MMA fans would have rioted if Leon v Belal were the headliner. I'm not even sure they'd want it to headline a regular card.
Leon vs Belal headliner is less embarrassing than bo nickal on the PPV and they are doing this anyway. Literally every single Other fight is more worthy to be on the PPV than this one. It's even above charles vs armen in bout order lol. Imagine making "the greatest most mind blowing" PPV event in UFC history while simiutainously having Cody Brundage on the card.

It's like telling your wife we're eating at a members only exclusive club, Only to take her to the costco food court.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, are you for real???

You believed Dana?

<LikeReally5>

Dana was grasping at straws to placate the media and masses when all his real options fell through, just posturing and damage control.

He said yes to all yet didn’t fight? Something doesn’t add up!

Probably just timing & schedule
Could be but they were all offered for an exact date and event that pretty much everyone on the roster wanted to be featured on.

anyone who had obvious issues would never have been offered by ufc to begin with this a sporting org not a habitual window shopper :)

Page, Pereira and Genki Sudo. Can Leon beat the unorthodox guys?

I can see Islam and Chimaev declining, but Shavkat?? That guy can make weight...and does not have a belt, that wasnt one of them, he takes it 100%, has to be some other nonsense fight.

Back