Where does Volk stand with his Legacy if he never wins another fight?

Hea going to beat the shit out Topuria

Volk would still be one of the greats in the division. He has 29 fights and only 3 losses, with two being going up a weight class and vying for a title. No shame in those losses IMO.

What I do think will (slightly) harm Volks long term legacy/greatness is the fact that spent 5 fights on Halloway and Islam. Especially the Halloway fights as doing the trilogy fight was not needed since it was 2-0 Volk already and that fight further reinforced why. But to be fair this is the same issue many current/recent fighters will be dealing with due to UFC doing so many unneeded rematches.

Well said

Volk would still be one of the greats in the division. He has 29 fights and only 3 losses, with two being going up a weight class and vying for a title. No shame in those losses IMO.

What I do think will (slightly) harm Volks long term legacy/greatness is the fact that spent 5 fights on Halloway and Islam. Especially the Halloway fights as doing the trilogy fight was not needed since it was 2-0 Volk already and that fight further reinforced why. But to be fair this is the same issue many current/recent fighters will be dealing with due to UFC doing so many unneeded rematches.

They had so many fights because everyone wanted Max to win ... because Volk is an ugly dwarven garden gnome.

Max is cool.

Volk didn't read the script, however, and spoiled everyone's plans to create his own story.

Now everyone likes Volk and wants him to beat Topuria.

The question is, will Topuria spoil Volk's plans ...

He would have had a great run and his time simply has come. If he continues to fight and lose though, it will start to tarnish his legacy. If he loses another 2, time to call it.

You are CRAZY
DC IS A GOAT, double champion Beat Anderson Stipe Rumble gustafasson dan henderson Frank mir
went to the olympics.
he is the second arguably best fighter ever in the UFC period. IN HIS PRIME who beating DC aside from
Francis, Jones or Cain....hes was beating stipe in their second fight too till he got caught too. All the people
jones beat DC could beat them too. Prime DC vs reyes.... Prime DC vs Gane......Prime dc vs chael lyoto
shogun Rashad. LiKE Come on.

In his prime He was unbeatable you and i both know that. unlike colby DC could
actually beat other top contenders in their primes.

Jones DC and rumble are the Three kings of the light weight 205. nobody even in their
primes are beating those three @ 205.
I love DC but he is typically not mentioned in goat discussions.

He would have 9 top ten wins and 5 title defenses. Aldo has 12 top ten wins and 9 title defenses. I guess #2 but tbh I'm not so sure I'd put him above Holloway (despite having defeated him 3 times) because Holloway also has more top ten wins. I guess #2 or 3 is reasonable depending on what you value most.

He's still arguably the best featherweight in the sport's history. Everyone loses to Father Time eventually.

This. He's at the age that most 155 and below fighters fall off a cliff. The smaller the weight class, the more they rely on speed and reflexes and speed and reflexes are the first things that start to fall off with age. Not to mention that there's simply more talent at the lighter weight classes. The NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, etc. aren't clamoring for 5'8" guys.

Volkanovski would’ve struggled against Faber, Brown, Mendes(2014) and Edgar. I think the Chad Mendes that fought Aldo would probably VoVolkanovski.
The only one in that list I can see making it mildly competitive is the Mendes who rematched Aldo. Other than that, they all get walked through. Edgar relied on outpacing his opponents too much and that doesn't work against Volk.
Brown was a good fighter, he just never turned it over to elite.
Faber was too small by that point, hence the drop to 35.

He's still arguably the best featherweight in the sport's history. Everyone loses to Father Time eventually.
What are if Max beats everyone he loses to except Makhachev (who he doesn’t fight)

I love DC but he is typically not mentioned in goat discussions.
mainly cause of jones and Timing. but the fact he was a legit threat to PRIME jon jones
cements him as number 2. Alex was the first fighter to bring it to him BUT we all know
jones wasnt taking him super serious, but then again alex did also take it to DC too. Alex would for
sure been champ if not for Jones.....but yeah DC needs to get his props, and btw i find DC super
annoying sometimes and corny...

but DC in his prime with no jones is the undisputed GOAT.

mainly cause of jones and Timing. but the fact he was a legit threat to PRIME jon jones
cements him as number 2. Alex was the first fighter to bring it to him BUT we all know
jones wasnt taking him super serious, but then again alex did also take it to DC too. Alex would for
sure been champ if not for Jones.....but yeah DC needs to get his props, and btw i find DC super
annoying sometimes and corny...

but DC in his prime with no jones is the undisputed GOAT.
I don't think we can guarantee that Jones wasn't taking him seriously. If anything, I think that was Jones' ego not wanting to admit he nearly lost.

I don't understand how the 44 year old million fight miles version of Arlovski can take a punch better than prime Arlovski. That's asking my calculator to divide by zero. Does not compute.

Naw Aldo still holds the throne
That's where the arguably comes in. I don't think Volk would lose to anyone Aldo has beaten, but Aldo before the motorcycle accident was a fucking terror.

Back