Where does Volk stand with his Legacy if he never wins another fight?

He's still undoubtedly one of the most talented featherweights ever. Aldo tried pursuing the same belt. He just got told no.

No doubt he's number 2 right behind Aldo. But I think he could have caught up to him had he stayed at 145.

No doubt he's number 2 right behind Aldo. But I think he could have caught up to him had he stayed at 145.
I put him ahead of Aldo just to counter any bias I may have. They're interchangeable though.

5 title defenses vs 9. I cant see it.
Volkanovski has beaten better fighters than aldo has and is undefeated at featherweight. Head to head volk beat aldo 30 27, landed almost 100 strikes and Aldo didn’t even land 30

Volkanovski has beaten better fighters than aldo has and is undefeated at featherweight. Head to head volk beat aldo 30 27, landed almost 100 strikes and Aldo didn’t even land 30

Aldo beat

Edgar 2x
Mendes 2x
Faber
Mike Brown
Korean Zombie
Kenny Florian
Ricardo Lamas
Cub Swanson
Marlon Vera
Rob Font

Aldo has the better resume, more defenses and is the GOAT. Weidman beat Silva 2x, doesn't mean Weidman is greater.

Aldo beat

Edgar 2x
Mendes 2x
Faber
Mike Brown
Korean Zombie
Kenny Florian
Ricardo Lamas
Cub Swanson
Marlon Vera
Rob Font

Aldo has the better resume, more defenses and is the GOAT. Weidman beat Silva 2x, doesn't mean Weidman is greater.
You’re including bantamweights, that’s not how it works

Volk beat

Mendes
Aldo
Max 3x
Ortega
Zombie
Yair

yes zombie was old, but he was still decent and it was volk that really ruined his chin for good, plus Florian was 35 and immediately retired after losing to aldo

volk has only lost maybe 4 rounds in his entire featherweight career, and 2 of those are debatable (elkins and holloway 1)

volk has never lost at 145, he’s beaten the two other top featherweights of all time aldo and max, he’s never been finished unlike aldo who was ko/tko’d 3 times

and he’s fought better fighters too. Brian ortega has beaten 3 of the people on that list for aldo you have

holloway has beaten 7 of aldo and that resume you gave

beaten aldo, who obviously has beaten all the people on that list, and who you argue is the greatest featherweight

yair, beaten everyone except max and volk and gave max an extremely tough fight

volk losses 0
aldo losses 4

You’re including bantamweights, that’s not how it works

Volk beat

Mendes
Aldo
Max 3x
Ortega
Zombie
Yair

yes zombie was old, but he was still decent and it was volk that really ruined his chin for good, plus Florian was 35 and immediately retired after losing to aldo

volk has only lost maybe 4 rounds in his entire featherweight career, and 2 of those are debatable (elkins and holloway 1)

volk has never lost at 145, he’s beaten the two other top featherweights of all time aldo and max, he’s never been finished unlike aldo who was ko/tko’d 3 times

and he’s fought better fighters too. Brian ortega has beaten 3 of the people on that list for aldo you have

holloway has beaten 7 of aldo and that resume you gave

beaten aldo, who obviously has beaten all the people on that list, and who you argue is the greatest featherweight

yair, beaten everyone except max and volk and gave max an extremely tough fight

volk losses 0
aldo losses 4
Correction, yair also lost to frankie

I think years from now we'll look back and think...

Volk did OK in the UFC

When did aldo leave his prime? Was it after he went on a title run at bantamweight, a young man’s division? Was it just after he knocked out Moicano and Stephens? or was it as soon as someone beat him, so conor?
I personally believe he was still competitive until just about a year ago, the way Merab shut down Aldo’s offense with clinch work, grappling and Greco led me to believe he was passed.

Every time a top fighter loses he’s suddenly out of his prime, you see it constantly. IMO a fighter is out of their prime when they start losing to people who they shouldn’t be losing to. Aldo was still winning and even in losses competitive across two weight division. Usman is out of his prime allegedly because of his 2 losses to Leon, I don’t think so because he was still competitive against the marauder in Khamzat.

Saying a fighter is out of their prime is a way to cope with the loss, Holloway was supppsedly out of his prime when he loss Volk twice, yet he’s smashing the top contenders.

Can you see Volk losing to anyone Aldo beat coming up?
Volkanovski would’ve struggled against Faber, Brown, Mendes(2014) and Edgar. I think the Chad Mendes that fought Aldo would probably Volkanovski.

This is Sherdog:
"he was never any good"
"just fought in a weak division"
"fought a bunch of guys tailor-made for him"
"got exposed by the new breed"
"he never evolved his game"
"there's no such thing as a fighter being out of their prime"

Reactions: HHJ
I personally believe he was still competitive until just about a year ago, the way Merab shut down Aldo’s offense with clinch work, grappling and Greco led me to believe he was passed.
Merab does that to everybody though.

IMO something like DC. One of the greats, just not a GOAT.
You are CRAZY
DC IS A GOAT, double champion Beat Anderson Stipe Rumble gustafasson dan henderson Frank mir
went to the olympics.
he is the second arguably best fighter ever in the UFC period. IN HIS PRIME who beating DC aside from
Francis, Jones or Cain....hes was beating stipe in their second fight too till he got caught too. All the people
jones beat DC could beat them too. Prime DC vs reyes.... Prime DC vs Gane......Prime dc vs chael lyoto
shogun Rashad. LiKE Come on.

In his prime He was unbeatable you and i both know that. unlike colby DC could
actually beat other top contenders in their primes.

Jones DC and rumble are the Three kings of the light weight 205. nobody even in their
primes are beating those three @ 205.

GOAT FW regardless IMHO.

The Volk that fought Max the 3rd time destroys any FW ever.

Aldo is still the best, time heals everything but our memories lol, and Volk will be remembered similarly as Max. One of the greatest fighters and champions of all time. Would love to see all three along with Conah in their primes in a tourney though.
Vollllk shit out Aldo so easy

Back