Media Topuria Says Volk will be his "Punching Bag", Confirms UFC Spain in 2024, Says NONE of UFC FW Division Deserves A Title Shot If He Wins the Belt

Yeah, what a resume. Cleaned out the division!
The only fighter that's even in the top 10 is Josh Emmett, it's an even worse resume when you think about it.

Outside of the winner of Calvin vs Aljo winner, the whole division looks stale for new contenders.

a big LOL at a guy who says no one deserves a title shot if he wins, then immediately says he's only fighting a guy who has one single win the last 5+ years and is about as worthy fighting for a title as any of us SherBros are.

Volk wins this easy anyways and thank baby Jesus he's saving us from another insufferable fake villain champion.

Man better back it up ... And based on his obsession with CM I hope he loses BIG so we never have to hear that shit again.

Pretty cocky, But honestly, I think he is going to smash Volk TKO inside of 3 rounds.

It's really convenient for a guy to pretend to absorb all the wins the champion got through his years defending when he's only beaten 2 people in the rankings himself.

That's the logic everyone on Sherdog uses, though, right? As soon as you beat someone, it's as though you had their resume, plus that win as well. Otherwise you wouldn't have people saying that Volk is the GOAT over Aldo simply because he beat Aldo.

Volk is doing the same thing in training camp, this guy seems to be ultra, ultra focused on volk as an opponent.. he also seems to be peaking now.

Unfortunately my pick is Top by TKO within 4 rounds.

That's the logic everyone on Sherdog uses, though, right? As soon as you beat someone, it's as though you had their resume, plus that win as well. Otherwise you wouldn't have people saying that Volk is the GOAT over Aldo simply because he beat Aldo.
I remember trying to tell people repeatedly that if Sonnen lasted 2 more minutes, we wouldn't suddenly be calling him the P4P king. Even Volk himself was saying he wasn't the greatest FW with his win over Aldo and 2 over Max at the time. He made a very strong argument about consistency being important and that you gotta be the best even on your worst days.

I will say, I do think you take a guy's momentum when it comes to rankings talk though. 99 times out of 100, if you just beat a guy, you certainly shouldn't be competing for a spot against the guy they just beat. Doesn't mean you're automatically better or anything or that you'll never have to fight that guy in the future. But it certainly as fuck means them getting the higher bookings should be insulting

Are we sure Volk gets an instant rematch coming off 2 straight losses and going 1-3 in his last 4 fights?
I feel like if they're going to UFC Spain, Him vs Max would be one hell of a main event especially if Max pulls off the upset and beats Gaethje.

Yeah I don’t think Volkanovski gets an immediate rematch if he gets blown out of the water. If he loses a close coin flip type decision I think he does though.

rooting for Volkanovski but I think Topuria will win. Volk was KOed in the last fight and he's getting there in age...

If he beats volk (I don’t think he will) then Volk would deserve an immediate rematch. Unless Topuria just beats the absolute piss out of Volk for five straight rounds and it’s not close in any kind of way then I wouldn’t think he deserves a rematch, but outside of that he should definitely get a rematch. How many times has Volk defended the fw strap? He became champion in 2020 and has helped the ufc a few times. No doubt he would deserve a rematch if he loses outside of getting beat from pillar to post for five rounds. I don’t think this will matter in the end though I think volk retains the title.

I also pick Illia to win but I have questions about how he deals with Volks kicks and distance management.
I think ilia is going to try to grapple heavy. But Volk leveled his defensive grappling up with the Islam fights and training for those. I think ilia is going to have a hard time with Volk and volk always adapts during the fight and switches his strategy if things aren’t going well. It’s going to be a tough puzzle for ilia. If he really thinks it’s going to be a breeze he is in for a rude awakening.

If he beats volk (I don’t think he will) then Volk would deserve an immediate rematch. Unless Topuria just beats the absolute piss out of Volk for five straight rounds and it’s not close in any kind of way then I wouldn’t think he deserves a rematch, but outside of that he should definitely get a rematch. How many times has Volk defended the fw strap? He became champion in 2020 and has helped the ufc a few times. No doubt he would deserve a rematch if he loses outside of getting beat from pillar to post for five rounds. I don’t think this will matter in the end though I think volk retains the title.
He obviously deserves it being the FW goat and saving the UFC couple months ago on short notice.
However, Max vs Topuria and Volk vs Evolev on the first ever UFC Spain event would be absolutely wild.

Another new champ aiming for champ champ status? AKA extra champion level payday, he isnt big enough for LW, or good enough to be honest.

LMFAO @ those demands. You can't just declare you won't fight anyone in the top 5. Ortega is the only person I agree with not getting a TS, but that's due to his inactivity. Yair and Max could easily secure another TS with a win or 2.

McFlurria is delusional but has a chance to beat volk

Topuria Goes on MMA Hour with Ariel Says:
-He Has Overwhelming Confidence that he'll run through Volk "easily" and he will be his "punching bag"
-The rest of the FW division doesn't deserve a title shot after he wins including Max Even If he Beats Gaethje and they should "just retire"
-Confirms UFC Spain in 2024
-Says he Wants Mcgregor Next

Only wants Mcgregor Next

THis guy should have had to fight Max,Ortega or Yair before he sniffed a title shot. His best win is Bryce Mitchell and Josh Emmet.

My god I hope Volk goes out there and bodies him. I think he is setting himself up for one of the biggest hype train derailments in the history of the sport.

Back