What's with the hate for Jamahal Hill?

The level of disrespect I'm seeing is ridiculous. People are acting like he's Belal Muhammad or something. He's an entertaining fighter, a knockout artist, and stylistically he's a fantastic matchup with Pereira that will likely result in someone getting knocked out. And you can't argue he doesn't deserve this fight, he's the former champion who never lost the title in a fight and only had to give it up due to injury. It's the obvious fight to make between the two best fighters in the world.
his twitter shenangians...but i like him

No hate here, he can fight. Just let him bang bro.

Outspoken, confident, ummm "Michigan" fighters don't get a lot of love from the MMA community. I've got a bet with a buddy that all of the patriotic "USA" chanting fans will conveniently just ignore Hill is an American and will side with Pereira. I don't hate Hill for being confident, cocky, declaring that he's going to KO Alex standing.. that's what a competitor should do. I did find his social media rants cringe and showing lack of self awareness. A fighter shouldn't care what fanboys say.
where in MI you from?

A lot of people on here seem to be of the mindset that anytime a striker is champion, the only person they should ever defend the title against is the best wrestler in the division. It doesn't matter that Hill is ranked #1 behind the champion, and was the former champion who never actually lost the title.

American fighters get a lot of hate if they are loud or perceived as cocky. We sometimes allow schticks or characters though. I think they are the same as the Chinese/Korean/Russian/Hispanic fighters. We just don't understand them. They also tweet in another language so we don't get exposed to their craziness. We give them leeway to say crazy stuff. Japanese Bitchihara was hilarious in his post fights wins. Too bad he couldn't keep winning.

I think most just aren't that familiar with him because so many of his fights have been on random Apex cards that no one watches.

I also don't get the "loud and cocky" thing that some are pushing... If anything he has been WAY too quiet and laid back, hurting his own name value. Maybe he has started to open up more recently but it's a very new thing.

Was it right for him to hit her? NO. Was it right for her to hit him? Also NO. Adults need to keep their hands to themselves. NOBODY should be getting physical male or female and NOBODY should be making excuses for them when they do. Just because men are capable of a greater degree of physical harm that doesn't make physical assault by women ok. That's nonsense.
There’s a reason why it’s not illegal for a man to defend himself against a woman.
Not all women are frail and incapable of hurting a man. Cyborg beats the shit out of the average fella.

I don't get it. I guess he's said some dumb shit but so do most fighters. He continues to get ridiculously underrated but I think he'll surprise a lot of people.

Wait, what am I missing? What's wrong with his comments?

A woman started a fight with her husband.

It's 2023/2024, if a woman hits you, you hit them back. She might not be a woman at all.
You missed Dana starting it

I don't get it. I guess he's said some dumb shit but so do most fighters. He continues to get ridiculously underrated but I think he'll surprise a lot of people.
He says some of the dumbest shit and is only capable of saying dumb shit. He's painful to listen to, you can actually hear his brain grinding out what it can best call "a thought." Bryce thinks the Earth is flat and I still think Hill might be the stupidest fighter on the roster

Oh stop it white knight. Saying women shouldn't feel comfortable dishing out physical violence with the expectation you can't hit them back isn't unreasonable AT ALL.

People like you enabling shit behavior by treating women like they're children are part of the problem. Hold them as accountable as you'd hold a man for his actions and we won't have these problems in society.
Its really really easy not to hit women, I promise. Just do not do it. Thats it. So easy not to be the lowest of scumbag filth.

Outspoken, confident, ummm "Michigan" fighters don't get a lot of love from the MMA community. I've got a bet with a buddy that all of the patriotic "USA" chanting fans will conveniently just ignore Hill is an American and will side with Pereira. I don't hate Hill for being confident, cocky, declaring that he's going to KO Alex standing.. that's what a competitor should do. I did find his social media rants cringe and showing lack of self awareness. A fighter shouldn't care what fanboys say.
some dude got banned in this very thread for saying this with other words lmao (i hate jannies)

The level of disrespect I'm seeing is ridiculous. People are acting like he's Belal Muhammad or something. He's an entertaining fighter, a knockout artist, and stylistically he's a fantastic matchup with Pereira that will likely result in someone getting knocked out. And you can't argue he doesn't deserve this fight, he's the former champion who never lost the title in a fight and only had to give it up due to injury. It's the obvious fight to make between the two best fighters in the world.
I'm not seeing the disrespect so much as a "Meh" attitude towards this fight. Hill is good, but he hasn't been on the scene that long and did not make the splash that Poatan did. Not saying it's right, but it is what it is.

I dont hate Hill ..I love the guy...but Alex is my guy further back..so going with Alex but if Hill wins...I will be happy for him too.

Its really really easy not to hit women, I promise. Just do not do it. Thats it. So easy not to be the lowest of scumbag filth.
Did I advocate for beating women anywhere? I didn't, right? I said we shouldn't allow women to assault men with impunity and act like it's less serious than a man assaulting someone, because it leads to some pretty obvious societal issues.

I'm not seeing the disrespect so much as a "Meh" attitude towards this fight. Hill is good, but he hasn't been on the scene that long and did not make the splash that Poatan did. Not saying it's right, but it is what it is.
That win over Glover was more impressive than what either Jiri or Blachowicz were able to do against him. And he completely nullified the wrestling game. It's time to put some respect on his name.

I think that Hill is being grossly underrated and underestimated vs. Pereira.

However, as far as his personality goes, he comes off like a douchebag with a really bad temper.

I've seen him snap on people who were trying to compliment him on Twitter multiple times.

I understand why the fans who are obsessed with personally relating to fighters don't like him.

I don't hate him a bit annoying, but an exciting fighter to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back