News Jamahal Hill arrested for domestic violence after altercation with brother

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hill’s brother probably did some dumb shit that warranted being throw out of the house, but Hill seems like he does not make the best decisions and took things way too far.

EX-UFC CHAMPION JAMAHAL HILLARRESTED FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE... After Alleged Altercation With Brother​

(Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ Sports ... James Anthony Hill Jr. is Jamahal Hill's brother)

-

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jamahal Hill was arrested in Michigan for domestic violence earlier this week ... TMZ Sports has learned.

According to records, the fighter was booked at a Kent County jail on Monday at around 1 AM ... and released later that evening, at 7:35 PM. That same day, prosecutors formally charged the 32-year-old with one count of misdemeanor aggravated domestic violence.

In court documents we obtained, officials allege Hill assaulted James Anthony Hill Jr., inflicting "serious or aggravated injury upon him."

It's unclear if the two Hills are related, though officials said in the docs James is "a resident or former resident" of Jamahal's household.

Further details surrounding the allegations were not made immediately available. Hill is due in court in January for a hearing on the matter.

We've reached out to Jamahal's reps for comment, but so far, no word back.

View attachment 1014045

Jamahal just recently earned his light heavyweight crown in January with a win over Glover Teixeira at UFC 283 -- though he relinquished the title in July after he ruptured his Achilles while playing basketball.

Once healed, Jamahal is expected to get another crack at regaining his belt in a fight with the division's current champ, Alex Pereira.

Even if it is technically the name of the charge he got, imo you should remove "domestic violence" from the thread title.

People are idiots and even though you included "brother" those words carry a DARK connotation and harsh judgement, which in this case doesn't seem appropriate.

Jamahal Hill had a tussle with his brother. I look forward to finding out all the details.

People need to learn not to call the cops unless your life is in danger AND you can't defend yourself or whoever is in danger.

Cops are LAW ENFORCEMENT and not crime prevention. They will come to your house and arrest you. Even if you call them, even if no one wants to press charges. They are part of a system that a lot of money flows thru and their job is to document crimes and keep the courts and prisons busy and keep that money flowing.

They probably had some good scraps as kids and were close in ability.

The one brother knows the other brother is a ufc fighter now, but thinks he can still take him, like he used to.

Learned his lesson. Have to establish the alpha

Weight recorded during booking: 252lb

According to the report, the UFC fighter and his brother made an agreement for James and his wife to clean Jamahal’s house for $300, which had been left vacant and without electricity, causing food to rot and spoil. The argument began at around 7 p.m. local time “about the house being cleaned” and “other family matters” before — according to the alleged victim — Hill “took off his shirt and got in his face” before allegedly punching his brother in the face, “knocking him to the ground.”

The report states that, according to James, he stood back up when his wife tried to stand between the two, before Jamahal “reached around James’ wife and punched James in the face once again causing him to fall and become dazed.” The officer notes that James had a tooth knocked out during the alleged dispute, and James’ face had “significant swelling.”

Further details in the case report obtained by MMA Fighting states that the argument really got heated when James “asked Jamahal why he never texted his own daughter that was at their house for Thanksgiving” and accused Jamahal of “being disrespectful to women and abandoning his own daughter,” and the first punch Jamahal threw was an alleged “sucker punch.” The report states that James “debated whether or not to call the police” because he “didn’t want to ruin Jamahal’s UFC fighting career,” but multiple text messages from James to Jamahal asking for a reason why the alleged assault happened and asking for “an apology” were not responded to.

An unidentified witness corroborated James’ story, according to the report, and added that Jamahal took off his shirt because James was allegedly “speaking truth,” and that when standing in between the brothers, Jamahal did not touch her while allegedly delivering the second punch to James. The witness stated that “Jamahal’s three kids were in the room when the incident occurred.”

Anybody “still rocking” with Sweet Dreams after this cowardly act? Not only does he sucker punch his brother in front of his 3 kids, but allegedly abandons his daughter too. Dude is front runner for POS of the year.

Last edited:
clean his house?
sucker punching him while they're cleaning his house?

douchebag of the year award incoming?

In all seriousness, it sounds like it was a property Hill owns, but obviously not his own residence. Electricity off? Food rotting?

Edit: I can't grasp new sherdog. My bad. Thx for source...

I'm astonished a former UFC champ would offer $300 to have his house cleaned. This all sounds ghetto as fuck. And if true cut JH

I knew some brothers that liked to throw hands once and awhile to really understand the pecking order.

How you fuckin "hire" your family to clean your house? And as a UFC champ, to boot.

Can't talk about the details, since they're scarce. I think the fair assumption is that Jamahal hired James BECAUSE of the disuse and rotting, but I wouldn't be surprised at the possibility of this being a misreport and it was in disuse and rotting due to the cleaning not happening.

Whatever the case, I'm sure when Jamahal says “I just can’t wait for the truth to be told in court. I will wait for that day and I look forward to that day. The people who know me and know my character and truly, truly rock with me and know who I am, hold onto that and stay true to that. That’s all I’m a say on that,” that there's very little doubt he's off-base, and has no idea how wrong he is.

I'll wait til the whole story comes out and not just intentional misleading tweets or the other guys side of the story.
tbf, it does detail the police report, which should have both sides fairly represented, but that's just not the case with police reports in practice

Back