What's with the hate for Jamahal Hill?

I agree. Hes lost one fight in a fluke like matter. Otherwise has looked really really good.

Constantly see comments like "LHW sucks because the champ is Jamahal Hill". Where did this man hurt these people? Its not clear Hill is the best 185+ fighter in the world. But he could be. And people are treating like him like they shoulda treated Jan. You know the guy who was unranked his entire prime and magically became champ when everyone left the division. Who magically became known for "Polish power" with like a 10% finish rate. Thats my theory. I think they are confused.
Getting your elbow dislocated in an armbar isn’t a fluke. If he tore his acl while falling down sure but a submission doing the exact thing it was designed to do is not a fluke

Most of the hate I've seen is from him being an arsehole on Twitter so he's brought that on himself. The very bizarre way he got a title shot probably adds to it so we'll see how his next couple of fights go. If he can at least put in a good fight with Alex that will legitimize him even if he is unlikeable.

Well the division has a lot of really likeable fighters.. Jiri, Pereira, Walker and of course Glover before he retired. I think Hill is underrated but I'm definitely rooting for Pereira.

The level of disrespect I'm seeing is ridiculous. People are acting like he's Belal Muhammad or something. He's an entertaining fighter, a knockout artist, and stylistically he's a fantastic matchup with Pereira that will likely result in someone getting knocked out. And you can't argue he doesn't deserve this fight, he's the former champion who never lost the title in a fight and only had to give it up due to injury. It's the obvious fight to make between the two best fighters in the world.

Why you hate the great Belal?

For me, it’s not even really hate. He’s just the guy that retired my favorite fighter. In a perfect world, Glover beats him and retires as champion riding off into the sunset. A storybook ending which rarely anyone gets. Obviously that’s not what happened. Hill decisioned and retired him and my biased self believes it’s just because Glover aged over night. Makes me a bit salty and Hill is just that guy who did it unfortunately, nothing personal and I don’t actually hate him at all.

Alex being Glover’s friend/training partner has quickly made Alex one of my top guys (was already a fan before) so the writing is on the wall. Seeing him beat Hill would be great, and seeing him lose would just be twisting the knife lol.

He's clearly got an anger problem and it's actually pretty funny. Him losing his temper on all the twitter trolls awhile back was hilarious. Relinquishing the title to keep the divison moving is highly respectful move that supersedes him being a complete douchebag at times.

Getting your elbow dislocated in an armbar isn’t a fluke. If he tore his acl while falling down sure but a submission doing the exact thing it was designed to do is not a fluke

A fluke has nothing to do with what the armbar is designed to do. I'm taking about the chances he'd be caught in that armbar at all.

A fluke has nothing to do with what the armbar is designed to do. I'm taking about the chances he'd be caught in that armbar at all.
6 of Craig’s 9 ufc wins are by submission, so 7 total when you count the successful armbar on hill. Everyone knows what Craig fights like, so it’s not a fluke

Most of the hate I've seen is from him being an arsehole on Twitter so he's brought that on himself. The very bizarre way he got a title shot probably adds to it so we'll see how his next couple of fights go. If he can at least put in a good fight with Alex that will legitimize him even if he is unlikeable.
Everyone on Twitter is an asshole. Look at how Jones acts. If randos are attacking the guy on social media and he is defending himself I don't really have an issue with that. Not that I even cared to pay attention in the first place. Nor should you. Twitter blows.

The level of disrespect I'm seeing is ridiculous. People are acting like he's Belal Muhammad or something. He's an entertaining fighter, a knockout artist, and stylistically he's a fantastic matchup with Pereira that will likely result in someone getting knocked out. And you can't argue he doesn't deserve this fight, he's the former champion who never lost the title in a fight and only had to give it up due to injury. It's the obvious fight to make between the two best fighters in the world.
Agreed -- I never got all the disrespect he gets. He has never been in a boring fight and arguably hasn't had a round scored against him other than his lone loss.

He gets hate because most fans don't believe in his talent.

You missed Dana starting it

He says some of the dumbest shit and is only capable of saying dumb shit. He's painful to listen to, you can actually hear his brain grinding out what it can best call "a thought." Bryce thinks the Earth is flat and I still think Hill might be the stupidest fighter on the roster

I didn't miss shit. Dana didn't throw the first punch/slap.

He didn't push her or elbow her or anything that constitutes starting a fight. His wife did.

The only reason anyone thinks Dana started it is because they are a weakened soyboi that doesn't understand what actual assault is.

I didn't miss shit. Dana didn't throw the first punch/slap.

He didn't push her or elbow her or anything that constitutes starting a fight. His wife did.

The only reason anyone thinks Dana started it is because they are a weakened soyboi that doesn't understand what actual assault is.
Keep your hands to yourself. All you hypocritical pretend alpha tough guys would immediately advocate and appeal to violence once someone puts their hands on you, so don't pretend you wouldn't now.

That is assault. I'm in the court room over assault cases extremely frequently. I work in the criminal justice system. I'm very well aware of what assault is. Is your inability to understand it evidence that  you, in fact, are the soyboy? Or are you only just stupid?

This.

Thank you for posting the screen caps
He's right. All he said was 'don't hit someone if you don't want them to hit you back'. I don't like the guy and think he's a lunatic, but that's not an unreasonable thing to say at all

He's right. All he said was 'don't hit someone if you don't want them to hit you back'. I don't like the guy and think he's a lunatic, but that's not an unreasonable thing to say at all

There was more said than just on his twitter or whatever.

He went in pretty hard how she was asking for it. And Dana did nothing wrong

Also on counter.
If you don't want to get hit. Don't grab someone's wrists.

That win over Glover was more impressive than what either Jiri or Blachowicz were able to do against him. And he completely nullified the wrestling game. It's time to put some respect on his name.
I do not disagree just reading the reaction on the crowd. He certainly deserves more respect than he's getting. He's legit and I appreciate the fact that he stepped down when he was injured. It was a respectful move. Hopefully is not being forced to fight at 300 before he's ready.

Back