What are you playing? v.9 (Kefka Edition)

Is a bad launch a death sentence for a new IP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing Final Fantasy XV all week. Played through Gladiolus, Ignis, Prompto and Ardyn story DLC's and Prompto's was easily my favourite of the 4 overall. Prompto is a bit of a twat, but he's also the most relatable and the comic relief so he has that going for him. His Expansion had the best gameplay and setting too. The rest are pretty 1 dimensional characters, except I guess Ignis has a few moments in his DLC, but he's pretty milktoast and bland otherwise.

Here are some highlights I had during my playthrough.

Ignis with the low key sass..

Gladio, the perfect spokesman..

Ignis, say the LINE!

I don't think Prompto was checking out the Regalia.

Last edited:
I finally uninstalled Civ 6.

Ran a quick, true start earth huge today, as England, and had a very good showing, settling cities on every continent. I was near end game, science was maxed and I was contemplating whether to wage war with giant death robots or wait it out and get the science win (I was about to land on Mars). I played a lot of hours of Civ 4 when I was younger, and I was never able to get the science or Domination wins, just Culture in 4, and Diplomacy in 6.

Anyway, after several hours of continuous play, the game cannot handle it's own next move and keeps crashing after my turn.

I'm done with technically shit games. It's 2023. We as consumers should not be tolerating buggy games at all.

I've never had any problems with it. Not sure what's up. Maybe cause you're on the Series S? The Series consoles should still have no problem running that game though. That's the only difference I can see between the 2 of us though. Sorry you had a bad time with it mate.

I've never had any problems with it. Not sure what's up. Maybe cause you're on the Series S? The Series consoles should still have no problem running that game though. That's the only difference I can see between the 2 of us though. Sorry you had a bad time with it mate.

Nothing to apologise for.

I actually really like the game, but you've seen what happens when we play, especially in the late stages of the game. I crash every one of two turns.

I was having a great time in my last game. I was half way through a science victory, had cities in UK, Norway, West Africa, Canada, Peru and Japan. Each one had a Giant Death Robot, Tanks and Bombers, and I was going to take over the world after my Science win. It would have been great.

Alas, it wasn't to be. Looking for something else now...

Nothing to apologise for.

I actually really like the game, but you've seen what happens when we play, especially in the late stages of the game. I crash every one of two turns.

I was having a great time in my last game. I was half way through a science victory, had cities in UK, Norway, West Africa, Canada, Peru and Japan. Each one had a Giant Death Robot, Tanks and Bombers, and I was going to take over the world after my Science win. It would have been great.

Alas, it wasn't to be. Looking for something else now...

Is it the base game, or with expansions?

I've read that the expansions can brick it on certain platforms.

Is it the base game, or with expansions?

I've read that the expansions can brick it on certain platforms.

Honestly, it may have been the expansions.

As I recall, it may have had to do with the Gathering Storm expansion. I remember having a game with Hyperglide and AI where I would crash every turn towards the endgame, and that's where the problem lie according to the internet.

Game doesn't feel complete without it though.

Still working on God of War Ragnarok, the game got better the more and more time i spent with it. I think i am near the end now, and I feel it has earned all of the praise and accolades.

The story is fantastic, combat with three unique weapons is well balanced, the enemy types and environments are varied, voice acting is great, and there is a surprisingly amount of side content that opens up later in the game.

I highly recommend this game. I am undecided on what to play after this, am thinking either Metal Gear Solid V or The Outer Worlds.

I'm currently playing Conan from 2007 on my Xbox 360. Some of the in-game textures look piss poor but the gameplay is so satisfying. Any game where you can german suplex your enemies to death, cut them into a dozen pieces or reach into their abdomen and pull their intestines out can't be too bad.

MV5BNjg5NTMzNmItMWU1YS00NTE3LTkwMzMtODg0YmI5Njk1MGQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg5OTk2OA@@._V1_.jpg

Been playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey to pass the time before Diablo and Final Fantasy come out and god damn does the PC version suck when it comes optimization. Last time I played the game probably sometime in November the game ran smooth on the settings I had it on, and I hook it up to my big TV and was probably averaging around 70-90FPS with minor fluctuations below/above. Never had any massive frame drops or anything like that.

Now the game runs like ass. Same settings but was having major issues with it on my TV so I just play it on the laptop now and still having major issues. Huge frame drops to the point of the game literally freezing for a good 5-10 seconds and FPS fluctuating all over the place from 55-90. Not only is the FPS fluctuating but it would drop considerably which is noticeable, I'm talking like it would drop from 70s to 30s for a little bit. This on top of the freezing is extremely obnoxious. I tried looking it up and apparently people say rolling back the drivers fix the issue but I don't really feel like doing that just for one game and also iirc D4 required your drivers to be updated so I definitely don't feel like hopping back and forth just to play this 6 year old game.

I'm too far in the game to get the game on console but man I'm tempted. If only the cross-save worked for this title, apparently they added it to future games but not this one.

Started playing Zelda Skyward Sword on the switch. I cant stand this game at all. A Shit ton of Agonizingly slow unskippable text and retarded grunts from all the characters I guess would be forgiveable if it was fun to play but in the first hour or so you really dont do anything but read and watch cut scenes.

I'm currently playing Conan from 2007 on my Xbox 360. Some of the in-game textures look piss poor but the gameplay is so satisfying. Any game where you can german suplex your enemies to death, cut them into a dozen pieces or reach into their abdomen and pull their intestines out can't be too bad.

MV5BNjg5NTMzNmItMWU1YS00NTE3LTkwMzMtODg0YmI5Njk1MGQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg5OTk2OA@@._V1_.jpg

Yeah, that was one of the better GOW clones. Can't remember much, other than freeing many topless chicks, and some elephant boss that gave me a headache, but it was fun.

Bought Evil West cause it was on sale for 38 bucks on Xbone, its fun enough with some really beautiful scenery but this obsessively strict linear bullshit is really chapping my ass
Its bad enough I cant explore any of this beautiful countryside but so many times I've accidentally crossed an invisible save point and advanced the game which then locks you into the next area and wont allow you to turn back to continue playing the previous area and pick up all the collectibles you havent gotten yet
You can turn around and look at all the stuff you havent done yet, its right there in front of your freaking face, but you cant simply walk back up the road you just walked down because of this stupid invisible wall blocking your life
Its so damn frustrating

Finished up trails to azure this weekend pretty good game but overall I didn't find the Crossbell Arc to be as good as the other two arcs we've hard so far on Liberal and Erbonia.

Not really playing anything now and will stay that way until FF 16. Going to pass on Diablo 4. There's just not enough time between Diablo 4 release and FF16 and I don't want to feel rushed. I also want ff16 day 1.

Currently playing Yakuza 5 (I've finished all but 5 and 6) and also Metroid Dread

Man that OP speaks to me way too much.

Also helps that I just finished FF10 again (Fuck Blitzball and everything associated with it) and am starting 12.
I haven't played 12 yet, but definitely on my to-do list. 10 seems to be the last mainline Final Fantasy game with traditional turn-based combat. I miss turn-based entries, but I enjoyed FF7 Renake and 16 is looking awesome. FF XV's combat was just awful in my opinion.

Beat Yakuza 6 and it was easily one of the best games in the series. Combat and story were just great. Boss fights actually seemed much more reasonable in this title in some of the other games the boss fights are insanely hard with constant blocking\grab counters.

Story was sad as hell but still really good probably rank this up their right with Yakuza 0.

After beating Yakuza was able to find a save file for Trails from Zero that was about 1 chapter behind where I stopped so it saved me a good 14hrs of replay. Was able to run through that this weekend as well and it was awesome. Not sure where I'm going to go from here but I'm thinking Wo Long is calling my name.
Nice -- I'm playing Yakuza 5 right now. In retrospect, I wish I played 5 and 6 before playing 7.

Nice -- I'm playing Yakuza 5 right now. In retrospect, I wish I played 5 and 6 before playing 7.

Nice I thought about starting up 7 but I just have so many games coming I decided to just take a break before FF16 takes me away from my family.

Nice I thought about starting up 7 but I just have so many games coming I decided to just take a break before FF16 takes me away from my family.
Right on -- FF 16 is looking gorgeous; very intrigued by the story. If it gets good reviews, I'll definitely play it down the line. I typically play games a year or 2 after release, unless I get them included in my $60 annual PS Plus membership. I'm sad that the days of turn-based gameplay is gone in Final Fantasy, but I don't mind it as long as it's good. I'm getting Devil May Cry vibes from the footage I've seen, so I'm pretty excited. The combat in FF XV was terrible in my opinion.

I am playing this old game called Tyranny.

Right on -- FF 16 is looking gorgeous; very intrigued by the story. If it gets good reviews, I'll definitely play it down the line. I typically play games a year or 2 after release, unless I get them included in my $60 annual PS Plus membership. I'm sad that the days of turn-based gameplay is gone in Final Fantasy, but I don't mind it as long as it's good. I'm getting Devil May Cry vibes from the footage I've seen, so I'm pretty excited. The combat in FF XV was terrible in my opinion.

Yea I typically wait for games as well but every now and then I don't want to wait and grab it right away. I don't mind turn based being gone from FF only because I get so much turn based in other JRPGs I play. Seems like it's kind of making a comeback especially with these smaller indie titles.

I wanted to like FF15 so much and I did beat it but the combat was so bad. It pretty much ruined my experience with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back