What are the chances that Pavlovich is going to use his wrestling background in this fight?

KanoKanito

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
He has never used his wrestling in the UFC, but Aspinall is much better striker than him. I don't see Sergei beating Aspinall on the feet. Aspinall is too fast and too skilled with his footwork and boxing for a relatively stiff and plodding striker like Sergei. Pavlovich could still catch him, but other than a small puncher chance I don't see how he can beat Aspinall unless he uses his wrestling background.

I doubt it, unless he's in trouble. Sergei has the recipe for success and putting on exciting fights. Keep it standing and finish em quickly
That's because he has never fought a better striker than himself before.

Wrestling background? Guy got taken down and man handled by Overeem. I know it was his first UFC fight, but he did not look like he ever hit the ground before in that fight. There's zero chance he tries to take Aspinall down. Aspinall has a legit submission game.

Serg will use his defensive wrestling to keep it standing and he finishes Tom via tko sometime in the first 7 minutes or so. JMO.

He has never used his wrestling in the UFC, but Aspinall is much better striker than him. I don't see Sergei beating Aspinall on the feet. Aspinall is too fast and too skilled with his footwork and boxing for a relatively stiff and plodding striker like Sergei. Pavlovich could still catch him, but other than a small puncher chance I don't see how he can beat Aspinall unless he uses his wrestling background.

Aspinall is too dangerous on the ground id think, I expect this to stay standing.

Wrestling background? Guy got taken down and man handled by Overeem. I know it was his first UFC fight, but he did not look like he ever hit the ground before in that fight. There's zero chance he tries to take Aspinall down. Aspinall has a legit submission game.
Overeem always did Good against Sambo Guys too he's a Elite fighter, Overeem Wrestling it's not Joke in Pride he made a World Champion of Sambo Kharitonov looks like a kid.

Lesnar can't takedown Reem.

images

LOL Aspinall has no head movement. His kicks are better but boxing wise Sergei will wreck him. Doesn't matter how much he tries to dance around the cage, he will get hit like Francis did to moving target FURY.

SERGEI BY KO

Lol, why you think aspinall is a better striker tan pavlovich ?
And for what in the hell did you think that's a good ideia for Pav try to take aspinall down ?

Pavlovich have the best boxing in all HW, all that with that freakish 85' reach.
Since Ngannou is out, I bet he's the most powerful guy in the UFC (maybe tied with Lewis?)

Aspinall in other way is an awfull grapller, he have good wrestling and legit submissions.

I think it will be striking only, but Tom is way too fast and accurate for him, I think he will drop him and finish him. Pav is very flat footed and so are his opponents, Tom is very fast for HW.. even Volkov said that he has never seen speed like that before.

Back