• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ulberg vs Hill

Ulberg is a bumass kickboxer. Hill will send him to the shadow realm about as fast as he did Johnny Walker. Mark my words.

Ulberg is a much smarter fighter than Walker tbf.
Hill doesn't suck, I'm not saying that at all, but I believe he might overthink/or get gun shy and get caught.

I like Hill in this one. Most of Ulberg's finishes have been because people are just running into his punches recklessly. It's possible Hill does that because he wants to get the W so bad and make a statement but I don't see it happening. Hill while not being great a grappling is pretty competent at it. I think he should probably feint some shots during the first round to make Ulberg uncomfortable.

I'v learned not to count Hill out. Ulberg is hittable and a slow starter, he takes his time to read his opponents and eventually gets them. Very Izzy/Pereira like but without the ability lead the dance as effectively as he fights off the back foot.
I'm super excited for this fight.

He can lead though unlike Izzy.
I think he hits harder than Izzy too, but Izzy's movement and counter ability make up for that.

Abso-fuckin-lutely lookin forward to this fight though sir lol.

Ulberg is a much smarter fighter than Walker tbf.
Hill doesn't suck, I'm not saying that at all, but I believe he might overthink/or get gun shy and get caught.

Ulberg is going to sleep. He'll fall out of the rankings faster than Ryan Spann or Dustin Jaboby. In fact, I think both of those guys beat Ulberg too.

I like Hill in this one. Most of Ulberg's finishes have been because people are just running into his punches recklessly. It's possible Hill does that because he wants to get the W so bad and make a statement but I don't see it happening. Hill while not being great a grappling is pretty competent at it. I think he should probably feint some shots during the first round to make Ulberg uncomfortable.

Interesting take, I like that sir.
Its possible, but I think Ulbergs speed might surprise Hill and make him tentative.

My guess and your guess are 50/50 so I guess we'll have to see sir ;)

Ulberg is going to sleep. He'll fall out of the rankings faster than Ryan Spann or Dustin Jaboby. In fact, I think both of those guys beat Ulberg too.

Spann probably does because of the grappling tbh, but Jacoby... probably not tbf.

Let me say this though, I have no dog in this fight, and my intention for this thread wasn't to defend Ulberg but to question Hills mindset here.

Interesting take, I like that sir.
Its possible, but I think Ulbergs speed might surprise Hill and make him tentative.

My guess and your guess are 50/50 so I guess we'll have to see sir ;)
Yeah I am really excited for this fight another thing to keep in mind is this is a pretty giant step up in comp for him on the biggest stage of his career he's co main eventing a Conor Card during a international fight week could be a bit of an overwhelming experience for him

Yeah I am really excited for this fight another thing to keep in mind is this is a pretty giant step up in comp for him on the biggest stage of his career he's co main eventing a Conor Card during a international fight week could be a bit of an overwhelming experience for him

Now that you mentioned it, those bright lights can effect both guys tbh.
Im definitely ready for this fight though, should be good.

Hard to imagine Hill will be confident in this fight. He's most likely going to be gunshy. If he goes out there and puts Ulberg away I'll be impressed but I don't see it.

Hill's ability to fight has been shown, but his mentality might falter here sir.

There is no chance of Hill losing this fight.

After last fight's buildup with Jamahal making himself the most arrogant unlikeable asshole ever, I'm hoping he gets KO'd again. Legitimately cannot stand him.

Blaming the ref was the topper for me to be honest sir.
I mean why blame the ref when you touched gloves and switched stances after the nut shot...left a bad taste in my mouth.

I agree with you though.

Blaming the ref was the topper for me to be honest sir.
I mean why blame the ref when you touched gloves and switched stances after the nut shot...left a bad taste in my mouth.

I agree with you though.
Yeah he's a really terrible loser too apparently. God forbid he actually got it done he'd be completely unbearable.

Yeah he's a really terrible loser too apparently. God forbid he actually got it done he'd be completely unbearable.

And god forbid he give his opponent credit, but no he blames everything but himself...smh.

I guess we'll have to see sir....maybe he'll fall down the "Hill" lol.

Ok that was stupid I must leave lol

Is Hill going to be gun shy in this fight due to him being knocked out vs Poatan, and Ulberg possessing explosive power?

Personally I think Hill will in fact be gun shy and he'll be hurt in this one and his stock will fall off a cliff.
I expect hill to be outside top 10 this time next year

Back