• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Izzy vs DDP official for UFC 305 in Australia on August 17

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I'd rather DDP wins and gives us some fresh matchups.

Don't want to see Izzy hold the title again and listen to his anime memes for the next year.

I want the fight, but man am I sick of instant rematches (well, in this case it's instant title shot mulligans). I don't care anymore what the championship run was like. Get at least one damn win to be legitimate.

Last edited:
I think ddp pressures him quite a bit and utilizes the wrestling which I think he has a huge advantage in. Standing you got to think Izzy still has the advantage there. But I do think wrestling will be a factor in this and thus ddp wins.

Israel beats him and then rematches Strickland for the belt. After stopping Strickland he retires.

I hope Izzy negotiated an instant rematch clause in the case he somehow loses.

Only reason I want to see DDP/Izzy is because there might be actual beef there...

Izzy is still has like 7-10 years worth of fighting where he will be dangerous enough to beat any top guy. His striking is so good that he's always dangerous. That being said. I still don't want him to have the belt. I'd rather watch Dricus fight than Izzy.

I'm not a fan of Izzy just sitting out and getting an immediate title shot. With that said, the contender picture at 185 is not clear. Both Whittaker and Strickland lost to DDP, and DDP has unresolved beef with Adesanya. When you couple that with UFC 305 desperately needing fights, and this was probably the most sensible choice the UFC could have made.

Also if Whittaker gets passed Aliskerov, I actually think Whittaker vs Strickland for #1 contender makes the most sense for both.

Back