News Izzy vs DDP official for UFC 305 in Australia on August 17

Who Wins?

• Total voters
i also think izzy has this fight in the bag on paper, but the intangible things not on paper will spell his demise.

that's how i see it going

Biggest thing speaking against Izzy is he seems to have lost the dog.

Which is normal, especially for someone who has already been on the top of the mountain and also is getting older.

In the Strickland fight he was just happy not taking more damage and riding out the rounds when it was clear he was losing instead of wading into danger and trying to get it done somehow.

Well deserved title shot for Izzy. His last win had him on track for this

I think the Aussie events can be very profitable for the UFC, the rest of the card will probably be dogshit with local unranked guys fighting in the main, it will still sell out though.

Izzy is a draw here but I don't think he's well liked, I mean he's a Kiwi not an Aussie for a start and him beating Whittaker twice didn't help. Strickland was a popular winner in Sydney that's for sure.

Why is that? Just curious. To me if DDP grapples heavy and utilizes wrestling, he should walk away with this. He is much better grappler.
I don't think Izzy just runs away with it, I just think that Izzy has only really had a problem with an opponent who is on his own level as a striker, so I favor him. DDP is a tough cookie to crack, so it will be interesting.

Great fight! looking forward to it, nice to see Adesanya fighting again

Strickland has the better claim, but the Izzy fight intrigues me more. It has that new car smell, plus all that Africa heat. Pick em' fight for me. Izzy looked terrible in his last outing, but perhaps that was an aberration.
You pretty much summed it up in that first sentence. Izzy doesn’t deserve it on merit rn of course, but I wanna see the DDP v Izzy matchup more. I’m not super bothered about the matchmaking in this case given Izzy’s tenure and longtime champ history, but it’s def a business move by the bald father.

All that said, might have to skip the pre-fight build and just tune in for fight night cus the banter will be a rough listen lol

I was far more interested in this fight last November. Goes to show you important timing is for matchups.

I'll still watch, but my hype is cut in half from where it was.
I think it’s especially important what kind of losses happen in between. Like for Izzy, how uninspired his performance was vs Strickland makes it harder to get invested in DDP vs Izzy, but had Izzy shown some fire and heart in his last loss then I’d be more interested. At present I can’t help but wonder how much Izzy still wants it as far as trying to be the best

I don't think Izzy just runs away with it, I just think that Izzy has only really had a problem with an opponent who is on his own level as a striker, so I favor him. DDP is a tough cookie to crack, so it will be interesting.
Sorry, i did get confused, is the opponent on his level Poatan or Strickland?
Cause it's still hard to me thinking of Strickland as someone on his level of striking, even tho he trounced him.

Sorry, i did get confused, is the opponent on his level Poatan or Strickland?
Cause it's still hard to me thinking of Strickland as someone on his level of striking, even tho he trounced him.
True, I was thinking more of Poatan, with little regard for Strickland. Eh, fuck it, I think Izzy wins bc I just do.

It feels like DDP always surprises me but I gotta pick against him again. He doesn't have the defense of Strickland to avoid the big counters Izzy can land. At some point I think he gets flatlined here.

They didn't book this fight on merit. It's booked because the fans want to see it. I aight mad. Izzy by ko

Well deserved title shot for Izzy

More deserving than Sean Strickland, who beat his ass and won his last fight.

Biggest thing speaking against Izzy is he seems to have lost the dog.

Which is normal, especially for someone who has already been on the top of the mountain and also is getting older.

In the Strickland fight he was just happy not taking more damage and riding out the rounds when it was clear he was losing instead of wading into danger and trying to get it done somehow.
Yup! the izzy that fought gastelum was not there. he didn't want to go out there and die like that other time, He knew he was losing going into the 4th round and let the fight pass him by.

I think it says something about his will to fight and current mindset. I can only hope, for izzys sake, that his personal "beef" with dricus lights a fire underhim

1-2 in his last three fights...

But his 4th title fight in a row

lol can't make this shit up

This is a pick em fight.

Leaning towards DPP though, Izzy looked like age was getting to his physique in the last fight (seemed less explosive / robust).

Strickland should get winner, thats all I am gonna say. I see Rob losing to them both in the same fashion as the first encounter.

Strickland should get winner, thats all I am gonna say. I see Rob losing to them both in the same fashion as the first encounter.

After the absolute stinker he just put on, I think Strickland needs another fight.

The press conference between Driscus & Izzy is going to be the biggest race war in the UFC

Woodley would be so proud

Izzy will try to over compensate on how "African" he is and Driscus will answer back on what about everyone from New Zealand?

Driscus will say something he wanted to be the 1st African from Africa to win and defend the belt just how like how Moreno was the 1st Mexican from Mexico to win the belt

Izzy will get offended at that statement because of the color of Driscus's skin which happens to be white and go on a N word & 36 & me rant

Going to be very hilarious when it happens

Great hype
Just hope there will not be some race talk or shit like that probably coming from cringe Adesanya

I got Adesanya, hope he's more improved fighter now. But anyways I'm still very disappointed about the Chimaev situation. The guy should be the champion by now. He has all the tools.

Back