UFC's Jon Jones -- Mentoring Kids at Boys & Girls Club' Getting Life Back On Track

It doesnt matter why he is doing it. He will most likely have a positive influence on these lives.

That's always cool.

Good for Jon .....it's never to late to turn your life around and do some good in this world

Mentoring?

He needs a fucking mentor!

Maybe one of those kids.

lmao! That happens in 30 Rock when Duffy is trying to recreate the balloon boy stunt and was matched up with a gifted child mentoring troubled adults.

Yeah because Hulk Hogan is a terrible person now. Everybody and I do mean everybody has said something racist in private before. It's just non-celebrities don't have the media to uncover it all. It sickens me that someone can be publicly shamed for something said years ago.

It's not like Hogan doesn't have black friends or hates black people. He has plenty of black friends. Freaking Dennis Rodman was sayin how Hogan is a great guy. He said the n word when he was upset. Everybody has said something they regret when they were upset

Wrong! Maybe everyone vou know has said racist shit in private but not EVERYONE. If you're famous and you do or say stupid shit, you shouldn't get a free pass.

They get enough of a free pass in life, like fans who think their hero can do no wrong, dream teams of lawyers for legal troubles, fans falling over themselves to touch them. They don't deserve a break on everything in life.

Yeah because Hulk Hogan is a terrible person now. Everybody and I do mean everybody has said something racist in private before. It's just non-celebrities don't have the media to uncover it all. It sickens me that someone can be publicly shamed for something said years ago.

It's not like Hogan doesn't have black friends or hates black people. He has plenty of black friends. Freaking Dennis Rodman was sayin how Hogan is a great guy. He said the n word when he was upset. Everybody has said something they regret when they were upset

A sad but true fact; we hold celebrities to a higher standard than we would ever hold ourselves to.

Fact; I have said some of the most deplorable shit imaginable about a number of delicate subjects. No one in the world cares about it. Hogan says the n-bomb and suddenly he is the scum of the universe. Most of the people criticizing him have probably said and done worse, but feel completely righteous in judging him. People suck!

Animals are cool though.

harsh words

dude is trying to do something positive

He is not a role model.

And he committed a series of fuckups for which he has had no time to internalize or apologize for. He hasn't even been in court.

This is disgusting hypocritical PR stuff.

If he did this without fucking cameras around then he maybe. But this is Jon Hypocrite PR Jones.

I ain't got nothing against Hogan apart from what a normal hardcore rassling has.

In fact I sympathize greatly because this shit happened 8 years ago while he was depressed and sad and mad and broke.

But he isn't stupid enough to do PR stunts like JJ. So I was joking.

This is Jones continuing to do fake crap for his own good...not for the kids. This is obviously a PR stunt to restore his image. It's the blind leading the blind. Jones is in no way rehabilitated yet. He hasn't even completed a program for drug and alcohol addiction. What has he done to show that he has gotten his life together to be given the privilege of helping others get their life together? What a joke. He is not that far removed from his serious mistakes that he can go preaching to other people yet. What's sad is that the public will actually buy this since most are incapable of thinking for themselves.

I do hope he recovers and right now he needs time to reflect...not having to run around repairing shit for the good of his brand or the UFC/ Reebok. This is the time that he needs to spend truly soul searching and being authentic...not the person he thinks everyone else wants him to be.

Hes just doing this to shorten his jail time but it looks like they arent going to prosecute him anyway.

lol @ anyone letting a drug addict mentor their kids.

It doesnt matter why he is doing it. He will most likely have a positive influence on these lives.

That's always cool.

Hey kids, if you work hard, study hard and are a 1 in a million genetic freak you can murder people in a cage for money and also do blow, strippers, crash cars and run away from a crime scene! And you can afford lawyers and a pr guy who arranged this by the way, to get away scot free! And everybody will say you're a good kid with bad friends! Or you can work in McDonald's because none of you have a millionth of my talent and you have no chance of following me. And I'm not a scientist, soldier or real role model. That's my mentoring to you.

Jones is not a role model.

John Cena has done more unfilmed hospital visits than Jones has had dinners.

He is not a role model.

And he committed a series of fuckups for which he has had no time to internalize or apologize for. He hasn't even been in court.

This is disgusting hypocritical PR stuff.

If he did this without fucking cameras around then he maybe. But this is Jon Hypocrite PR Jones.

never said he was a role model

Some of you guys, really? Jones has a substance abuse problem and made a poor decision after causing an "accident." Y'all make it seem like he's maliciously driving in order to crash into pregnant. Women. He's liable but don't make Jones out to be a hard time felon.

A lot of troubled individuals work with kids to give back and or improve their image and feel better about themselves. Jones shouldn't be around vehicles or drugs for awhile but that doesn't mean he can't impart a good thing or two about work ethic or how to shapen up.

Y'all need to come down just a tad.

A self-centered druggy with no accountability as mentor to kids; what can go wrong? It's like those 1980s "Say no to drugs" PSAs that featured hair bands.

Back