PBP UFC Fight Night 242 - Burns vs. Brady Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 9/7 at 4pm ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Schnell deserves alot of credit for having the success he did in his career beating guys like Smolka, Nam and one of the best comebacks ever against Su. Its remarkable because he has one of the worst chins I've ever seen. Feels like all his losses were brutal one shot KOs were he was asleep for a while and half of them by guys not even known for KOs. To go as far as he did, be as ranked as long as he was with that horrific chin is an accomplishment.

Ever? Well, he's eaten a few punches now and he's still standing. He's no Jonathan Goulet.

Schnell being good defensively thus far. Eating not much too clean from Durden while staggering Durden multiple times.

200w.gif

Late notice no cut? Normally 25ers??

Schnell needs to throw under Durden's strikes. With the pressure, he's missing and can't set. Durden is smart to stay on him.

Just think Peek is going to be a slave to his style. I don't see him breaking his over committing brawling. Sure maybe he learns to set it up a little better so there's actually some strategy to the chaos and actually focuses that pressure consistently. But as it stands that's now 3 losses in 2 years where he's shown no want to clean up that style. And he's already about to enter his 30's. The prime years are already ticking. Just think he'd be better served fighting in a sport with a little narrower focus, that takes place exclusively in his wheel house. A place that style isn't quite as easily exploited with some simple level changes and cage grappling.

If you can't crack the top ten, you stink. If you beat a guy by being well rounded but couldn't finish him, your striking stinks and you're boring. MMA fans hate MMA fighters.

So neither of these guys could improve and possibly make it into the top 10 at some point? Because they aren't world beaters right now they are destined for journeyman status?

Jesus.. lol..
Ashmouz has more of a chance to become effective, so maybe he can be top 10. Peek doesn't have great TDD, never seen guys that get taken down like butter become great at it. Who knows? Brawler types seem to always have same downfall.

I think this fight deserves another beer to be cracked.

Back