• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Dricus Du Plessis vs Israel Adesanya is being discussed to headline UFC 305 in Perth, Australia on Aug. 17

Old Costa? Yeah they do. Pressure fighters.
The fact that they are both pressure fighters is about the only think they have in common. Their style of pressure is massively different.

Could be waiting to see if Khamzat mauls Rob in the first minute or if Rob gets himself a head kick KO in the first round. Khamzat would be a much bigger PPV draw and Rob would get the Aussie fans way more excited than Izzy would
Seems like a gamble. If Adesanya wants the fight, he could be offended that they're waiting. That might risk him walking away from the event date.

And Whittaker vs Chimaev is 2 months before UFC 305. It's very likely that neither fighter will be willing/able to do a 2 month turnaround to fight DDP in August. Even if Khamzat has told the UFC he will do it, he bullshits all the time. It's one thing to say you'll do it, it's another thing to fight a tough fight, get beat up, and then realize you need time to recover.

Either the UFC is stupid holding back Adesanya from the card, or there's an issue with Adesanya preventing him from signing the contract.

Israel Adesanya vs ??????????
Song Yadong vs ?????????
Jack Della Maddalena vs ?????????
Steve Erceg vs ?????????
Drakkar Klose vs ?????????

Take your crack at who each guy is fighting.

I can confirm Erceg is fighting KKF.
Izzy is most probably facing off against DDP.
JDM vs. Shavkhat??? Please let it be!

Song vs Askura?

Why on earth is Klose on the main card... who knows...

DDP vs Adesanya
Asakura vs Song
If Maddalena is on the card (I thought he was hurt?) then vs Rakhmonov
Erceg vs Kara France
Klose vs Hooker

Looks like some of the other names on the list are Michael Morales, Gerald Meerschaert, Gavin Tucker, ?, Ricardo Ramos, and Alex Reyes

Last edited:
Well, I like Izzy and Yadong, even if it sounds like a sitcom about wacky roommates.

DDP vs Adesanya
Asakura vs Song
If Maddalena is on the card (I thought he was hurt?) then vs Rakhmonov
Erceg vs Kara France
Klose vs Hooker

Looks like some of the other names on the list are Michael Morales, Gerald Meerschaert, Gavin Tucker, ?, ?, and Alex Reyes
Nolan vs Reyes, Breda vs Oneill

Awesome, hope we get to see Adesanya vs DDP.

Dricus Du Plessi vs Israel Adesanya
Kai Asukura vs Song Yadong
Kamaru usman vs Shavkat Rakhmanov
Brandon Royval vs Steve Erceg
Dan Hooker vs Drakkar Klose

He's probably fighting Dan Hooker or maybe Paddy Pimbleman.

Paddy is booked vs green on UFC 304

Izzy still has an open warrant submitted by his dog

GHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Back