Media Israel Adesanya says he was supposed to headline UFC 300 against Du Plessis, but Dricus didn’t want it

Do you believe Izzy?

• Total voters
I don't know I'd anyone has posted, but he was on Theo's podcast.

giphy.gif

Dricus "didn't want it" because he's not fully recovered from the damage he took at UFC 297 and it's a quick turnaround, but that's not as sensational of a headline as omitting the reasons so people can assume DDP is DUCKING! :rolleyes::eek:

This is why the UFC sucks. Whatever reason Dricus had for saying no could've been alleviated if these cheap bastards were willing to pay him a few bucks. Say "We're in a bind Dricus, here's a few million to defend your title as the 300 headliner.", and boom, fixed. If they're that worried about some precedent being set, maybe they can get him to sign a NDA.

Dricus "didn't want it" because he's not fully recovered from the damage he took at UFC 297 and it's a quick turnaround, but that's not as sensational of a headline as omitting the reasons so people can assume DDP is DUCKING! :rolleyes::eek:

Sounds nice if he didn’t already duck Izzy once… I remember Strickland stepping up and taking the fight that Duckboy DuPlessis turned down.

Can't blame Izzy for slamming DDP, it's DDP's second time not being ready to fight.

DDP needs time, rightly so, to heal from Sean and to get in a full camp before defending the belt. Would love to see those 2 fight in DDP's first title defense if not rematched with Sean. An Izzy vs Sean fight winner would rock for DDP's first title defense.

Last edited:
Unless he had a legitimate medical reason and literally couldn't fight, I'd be fine with DDP being stripped if he simply refused to defend when asked.

You can't force fighters to fight sure, but at the end of the day they're the UFC's champions. Not their own. It's a two way street between the fighter and the promotion. If the UFC says they need a title fight for a certain date and it's doable but you won't deliver it, then the UFC has every right to replace you.

Back