Media Dricus Du Plessis says he is the new best boxer in the UFC after defeating Strickland

He’s laying the ground work for a future Jake Paul fight.

"Just went toe to toe with the best boxer in the UFC they say. I guess there's a new title for that, too" - Dricus Du Plessis

Do you agree?
I've been waiting a long time to have a champ like dricus come along. someone who is not afraid to get hit, some one who actually wants to press forward and fight

but he's not the best boxer. not even close

Last edited:
"Just went toe to toe with the best boxer in the UFC they say. I guess there's a new title for that, too" - Dricus Du Plessis

Do you agree?

So DDP took five rounds (25 min) to get outstruck by Strickland, on all punch stats, and not hurt him — while Pereira took only 2:36 of the first round to flatline Strickland — and DDP is the new boxing elite??? <Lmaoo><45>

He’s good at throwing power hooks with no setup from outside range to the extent that he almost falls over or turns his back to his opponent.

So he’s got that going for him….which is nice.

<mma4>
Strickland didn't punish him for those even once. There were so many opportunities where DDP was doing a lunge after throwing an overhand right and Strickland just stood there with his iCarly stance not doing anything.

wow...that looked pretty sloppy but I guess it was effective by MMA standards.

Do you agree?

He's not the best anything. Probably just high on adrenaline and glory and hopefully not actually delusional. Somebody needs a good humbling. Pereira or Adesanya will be great teachers for this lesson.

Last edited:
Panic wrestler only won 1 round and that via headbutt.
He's getting delusional
Thinking there was a headbutt is delusional, it never happened and the blood came from a punch. Their heads did touch in the clinch but Dricus didn't smash him with it, head pressure is a legal part of clinch fighting

Thinking there was a headbutt is delusional, it never happened and the blood came from a punch. Their heads did touch in the clinch but Dricus didn't smash him with it, head pressure is a legal part of clinch fighting
Somebody needs to post gifs. Only way to know for sure. Edit: Nevermind I'm seeing them everywhere now. You're wrong. It happened.

Last edited:
Dricus won fair and square but it was his kicking that won him the fight, not his boxing

There is an elbow on the exit as well. Heads do appear to connect as DDP comes up or at least drags across. Couldn't find a larger version of that segment without the eye...

There is this headbutt tho...

Back