Media Israel Adesanya says he was supposed to headline UFC 300 against Du Plessis, but Dricus didn’t want it

Do you believe Izzy?

• Total voters
Injury or no injury, it's still only a three month turnaround. I'm all for active champions, but until the UFC starts making all of their champions fight four times a year, I think we can cut DDP a little slack here.
I clarified elsewhere, but I meant in regard to if the UFC had no other option to headline than DDP and he was still turning it down despite being available, for a card that doesn't even exist no less, then I think it's grounds for stripping by the UFC.

The UFC owes title fights for PPVs. It's in the ESPN deal and everybody knows this. Let alone for a card like UFC 300. If they've got a champion who won't provide it for them then they have every legitimate right to create a new champion who will. Plenty of other fighters would love to be champion.

It's a moot point as Pereira stepped in here and agreed to defend, but if he, DDP, or whoever was the UFC's only available option and said no I think the UFC would've had every right to kick them to the curb. Being champion carries duties to the UFC too.

I clarified elsewhere, but I meant in regard to if the UFC had no other option to headline than DDP and he was still turning it down despite being available, for a card that doesn't even exist no less, then I think it's grounds for stripping by the UFC.

The UFC owes title fights for PPVs. It's in the ESPN deal and everybody knows this. Let alone for a card like UFC 300. If they've got a champion who won't provide it for them then they have every legitimate right to create a new champion who will. Plenty of other fighters would love to be champion.

It's a moot point as Pereira stepped in here and agreed to defend, but if he, DDP, or whoever was the UFC's only available option and said no I think the UFC would've had every right to kick them to the curb. Being champion carries duties to the UFC too.
My boy Marky G ain’t even trying to hide the fact he’s a UFC shill anymore<45>

Whether a fighter is available or not is not for the UFC to decide.

My boy Marky G ain’t even trying to hide the fact he’s a UFC shill anymore<45>

Whether a fighter is available or not is not for the UFC to decide.
Tell me you're retarded without telling me.

The UFC has legal obligations to ESPN to provide title fights for their PPVs. It's in the contract. Not to mention what they owe stadiums and ticket holders based on what the event had been billed to them as. If their choice is between making a new title fight between fighters who will fight vs breaching their deals, then of course they should simply create a new title.

They do a version of this all the time when they create interim titles to save PPV cards after a champ falls out. It's not out of the goodness of their hearts or because the division actually needs a new title. It's to keep them from breaching their legal contracts by providing the title fight they needed to.

It's wild this even needs to be explained to you.

He has beaten all of the contenders except Sean...
Does he just get a TS everytime he loses the belt because he's beaten all of the contenders...?
yea, go beat a contender. Again. Do something.

Does he just get a TS everytime he loses the belt because he's beaten all of the contenders...?
yea, go beat a contender. Again. Do something.
Give him Brendan Allen if he beats Vettori.

Tell me you're retarded without telling me.

The UFC has legal obligations to ESPN to provide title fights for their PPVs. It's in the contract. Not to mention what they owe stadiums and ticket holders based on what the event had been billed to them as. If their choice is between making a new title fight between fighters who will fight vs breaching their deals, then of course they should simply create a new title.

They do a version of this all the time when they create interim titles to save PPV cards after a champ falls out. It's not out of the goodness of their hearts or because the division actually needs a new title. It's to keep them from breaching their legal contracts by providing the title fight they needed to.

It's wild this even needs to be explained to you.
Ssssh, relax buddy, no need to get so worked up just because some guy on the internet called you out for being a shill. You'll get over it.

I fail to see how legal obligations the UFC has to ESPN regarding title fights are the fighters problem, unless there are also obligations for UFC champions related to this that have been contractually recorded in fighter/champion contracts. But I'm sure you, as a not-so-covert UFC shill with a barely readable document that says "Confidential Test Report" as his avatar, could tell me all about that. If not, if a champion says he or she isn't available, he or she isn't available.

<JonesLaugh>

Well he lost to Sean Strickland. Get that one back maybe :^]
Or Khamzat. Since Dana promised him a TS this is what he gets instead.
I'd love to see the Khamzat fight, but why in the world does Khamzat deserve to fight Izzy, his best win at 185 is Usman who is not even a middleweight and took the fight on 11 days notice, and he BARELY won too, as much as I'd like to see it, in a fair world Khamzat is irrelevant at 185. Sean makes sense I guess, but Israel (not even a fan of this guy) seems like the one guy that you could actually just give another title shot to imo, if someone more deserving, like maybe Cannonier, is not available

Ssssh, relax buddy, no need to get so worked up just because some guy on the internet called you out for being a shill. You'll get over it.

I fail to see how legal obligations the UFC has to ESPN regarding title fights are the fighters problem, unless there are also obligations for UFC champions related to this that have been contractually recorded in fighter/champion contracts. But I'm sure you, as a not-so-covert UFC shill with a barely readable document that says "Confidential Test Report" as his avatar, could tell me all about that. If not, if a champion says he or she isn't available, he or she isn't available.

<JonesLaugh>
The fact that you fail to see how legal obligations to billion dollar companies and fans are obviously more important is why you're retarded.

I believe him. Dricus wanted to headline against Adesanya in Africa. Is UFC even planning to hold an event there? Which African country makes the most sense to host a UFC event? Nigeria? South Africa? Ghana?

Good points.

IMO, UFC Africa will eventually happen.
If no fighters ever said they wanted to fight in Africa, it would take longer to happen.

We already have "Africa talk" from big names: Dricus, Izzy, Ngannou, etc.
They don't talk about UFC Botswana. They talk about UFC Africa.

Brazil, Mexico, America, western Europe, and the Middle East are all MMA hotspots.
The total population of all those places combined is 1.3 billion.

The total population of Africa is 1.5 billion.

Obviously, Africa is multiple countries, but you gotta admit that UFC Africa 1 has some potential heat.

If Dricus tapped a tenth of the available fan base on that continent, it would be bigger than tapping 100% of the American fan base.

Apparently, he has been working in that direction for a couple of years now.

The fact that you fail to see how legal obligations to billion dollar companies and fans are obviously more important is why you're retarded.
So I guess you couldn't answer my question if you could shed some light on whether the UFC puts champions' compliance into contract then, brother Marky G. Turns out you're not as well informed as you claim to be. Bummer.

Again: what the UFC finds more important is the UFC's business. If they want their champions' compliance regarding accepting fights any time the UFC wants them to, they should put it in the contract.

If they don't, it's up for the champion to decide whether they accept a fight within a certain timeframe or not. You can throw temper tantrums and call people retarded when they challenge you on your shillthink all you want, facts don't care about your feelings.

<JonesLaugh>

DDP was healing up. Izzy is not in a position to be calling people out. Says he's taking a long break and then calls out DDP on short rest. Punk.

So I guess you couldn't answer my question if you could shed some light on whether the UFC puts champions' compliance into contract then, brother Marky G. Turns out you're not as well informed as you claim to be. Bummer.

Again: what the UFC finds more important is the UFC's business. If they want their champions' compliance regarding accepting fights any time the UFC wants them to, they should put it in the contract.

If they don't, it's up for the champion to decide whether they accept a fight within a certain timeframe or not. You can throw temper tantrums and call people retarded when they challenge you on your shillthink all you want, facts don't care about your feelings.

<JonesLaugh>
Thank you for continuing to prove you're retarded.

Compliance with what? Champions are literally designated by the UFC. It's their belt that they chose to award or not. They can make or unmake a champion any time they want. They literally do this all the time.

You sure you even watch this sport?

Dricus "didn't want it" because he's not fully recovered from the damage he took at UFC 297 and it's a quick turnaround, but that's not as sensational of a headline as omitting the reasons so people can assume DDP is DUCKING! :rolleyes::eek:

Pretty much this. He was in a grueling 5 round fight less than three months ago.

It's pretty clear that he lacks the confidence to step in there with Izzy at this point.

Niggles and only wanting to fight in Africa are all that he has, yet he's turned Izzy down twice now.

How many champions have been in a grueling 5 round fight and then turned around and fought less than 3 months later?

I believe him. Dricus wanted to headline against Adesanya in Africa. Is UFC even planning to hold an event there? Which African country makes the most sense to host a UFC event? Nigeria? South Africa? Ghana?
Johannesburg - South Africa 100% as that's Dricuss home and Dana has mentioned it.
In 2022 Nigeria was planned (but I think Usman had a lot to do with it) -and Rwanda was thrown around as Kigali Arena hosted some NBA event

Last edited:
Thank you for continuing to prove you're retarded.

Compliance with what? Champions are literally designated by the UFC. It's their belt that they chose to award or not. They can make or unmake a champion any time they want. They literally do this all the time.

You sure you even watch this sport?
They can make or unmake a champion any time they want, correct. However, they can't force them to fight or defend titles at certain dates, which was the point of this whole discussion.

Again, you're getting challenged on your shillthink and losing, so first you call me retarded, and now you've added moving the goalposts.

Thing is, I couldn't care less about whatever insults you want to throw at me because I, and almost everyone on these boards that have frequently seen your posts, already know you're nothing but a silly little UFC shill with an overinflated, delusional sense of intelligence. You're a fun little plaything that gets destroyed in nearly every other thread you're campaigning your shill propaganda in, because you're just too obvious. We laugh at you.

<JonesLaugh>

Gynosanya is coming off a loss in which he has been dominated

WTF is he talking about?

That would of been a very worthy addition to the UFC 300 card, especially if they could have had this fight AND Pereira vs. Hill on the card. I think Izzy vs. DDP would be a good fight and i'm kind of confused as to why DDP would turn this down. He would have had plenty of time for a full camp and with it being UFC 300, and Izzy being a pretty big draw, could have made a lot of money as well.

Back