UFC 294 Pre-fight Discussion Islam M. vs. Alexander V. Sat. Oct. 21 10AM ET! PPV & ESPN+

Planning to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.

PurpleStorm

purp
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Here we go. This weekend it's one of the best cards of the year: UFC 294 Makhachev vs. Volkanovski. The main event is for the lightweight championship. The co-main is an exciting middleweight bout between Usman and Chimaev. Share your thoughts, breakdowns and predictions. Which fights do you anticipate? Please keep the conversation civil. Thanks and enjoy the discussion!

Please note the start times
Prelims 10AM ET ESPN+
Main 2 PM ET PPV

Saturday 10.21.2023 at 10:00 AM ET
U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN+
Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
Ownership: Endeavor
Venue: Etihad Arena
Enclosure: Octagon
MMA Bouts: 13

F8SRNB5W8AASJ9P.jpg

Sharabutdin Magomedov (11-0) vs. Bruno Silva (23-9)
Victoria Dudakova (7-0) vs. Jinh Yu Frey (11-9)
Nathaniel Wood (19-5) vs. Muhammadjon Naimov (9-2)
Mike Breeden (10-6) vs. Anshul Jubli (7-0)
Abu Azaitar (14-3-1) vs. Sedriques Dumas (8-1)
Javid Basharat (14-0) vs. Victor Henry (23-6)
Mohammad Yahya (12-3) vs. Trevor Peek (8-1, 1 NC)
Tim Elliott (19-12-1) vs. Muhammad Mokaev (10-0, 1 NC)
Said Nurmagomedov (17-3) vs. Muin Gafurov (18-5)
Ikram Aliskerov (14-1) vs. Warlley Alves (14-6)
Magomed Ankalaev (17-1-1) vs. Johnny Walker (21-7)
Kamaru Usman (20-3) vs. Khamzat Chimaev (12-0)
Islam Makhachev (24-1) vs. Alexander Volkanovski (26-2)

Here's the always cool Shillan and Duffy preview. In which BEN DUFFY and KEITH SHILLAN make detailed predictions and picks for all 13 fights. Has there ever been a UFC event that was improved this much by last-minute bout changes? Is "Shara Bullet" the next Khamzat Chimaev? Is the current Chimaev about to earn himself a title shot? Sidetrack conversations include Renaissance festivals, the geography of post-Soviet Eurasia and the most unintentionally humorous fighters in MMA history.

IN

77K77.gif

Really excited and looking forward to the fights, should be a great event. I am actually more interested now because Usman vs Khamzat is a much better fight!! MMA Gods have blessed us once again, Usman is a much better fighter than Costa, he has proved so much more. Awesome.

Lots of good matchups on this card. Lets go!!!

meh, pretty early for me out West.
I'm usually at the gym at that time.
maybe they'll play it on the big screen.
and only one chick fight???
I has a sad.

The main and co-main are fights the mma community has been looking forward to. It stinks that we're not getting the best version of those fights because 2 of the fighters are coming off the couch. Respect to everyone involved for saving the card, but I much preferred the original fights where there was an even playing field. In fact, I would have preferred if they did Islam-Gamrot and Khamzat-Ikram...at least everyone would have had a camp.

Back