Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua set for August in Saudi Arabia

What the hell are you doing in the boxing forum? This is real combat mate, run back to the pro rasslin discussion hahaha smh
Looks like you should avoid both because you've proven you don't know shit about either lol getting people call you a dumbass everywhere you go.

I know this is a minority take but as excited I am that this is gonna happen I’d rather Fury and Joshua each take the next biggest fight ... Joshua vs Usyk ... Fury vs Ruiz/Joyce/Whyte. Assuming they both win, which they probably would, it’d set up a massive UK showdown at Wembley. Don’t get the desperation to push the fight this year in the M.E. with no Brits in attendance.

I know this is a minority take but as excited I am that this is gonna happen I’d rather Fury and Joshua each take the next biggest fight ... Joshua vs Usyk ... Fury vs Ruiz/Joyce/Whyte. Assuming they both win, which they probably would, it’d set up a massive UK showdown at Wembley. Don’t get the desperation to push the fight this year in the M.E. with no Brits in attendance.
Yeah, that's the issue here. They'll be tied up for over a year for sure with this 3 fight deal. I wanna see the winner v Usyk immediately

Yeah, that's the issue here. They'll be tied up for over a year for sure with this 3 fight deal. I wanna see the winner v Usyk immediately

Good point. I forgot about that. If the fights even remotely competitive they’ll run it back and neither Usyk, Joyce or anyone else will get a shot at the belts until late 2022 at the earliest. And besides Ruiz and maybe Hrgovic none of the challengers are spring chickens.

But I don’t expect it to be very competitive. Joshua is a beast and a damn good fighter but has glass temples. Fury will outbox him and knock the equilibrium out of him the first chance he gets. He beats Joshua however he wants so long as he doesn’t get careless

Good point. I forgot about that. If the fights even remotely competitive they’ll run it back and neither Usyk, Joyce or anyone else will get a shot at the belts until late 2022 at the earliest. And besides Ruiz and maybe Hrgovic none of the challengers are spring chickens.

But I don’t expect it to be very competitive. Joshua is a beast and a damn good fighter but has glass temples. Fury will outbox him and knock the equilibrium out of him the first chance he gets. He beats Joshua however he wants so long as he doesn’t get careless
Looks like the first fight will be the only one for all the titles. After that, I think the WBO will be stripped from the winner with Usyk v Joyce likely fighting for the vacant one. Not sure about the mandatory situations for the other titles though

Right now I think Joshua wins. If this fight happened before the first Ruiz fight, I think Fury beats him on points comfortably. AJ improved immensely after that

I think Joshua has the skillset, very underrated defense, and the punching power to win. Plus he's coming off of an 8 round fight. Fury coming off of a big layoff.

55-45 in favor of AJ right now in terms of a percentage.

Part of the fun of watching HW championship fights at Whembly were the brawls in the first couple rows during the main event. I was at the Deontay Fury 1 fight, and it was so cool. Man, this is like the Riddick Bowe days!" haha

1 could lose, get injured, get a mandatory ordered. If they don’t fight now there is always the possibility that the fight won’t happen? Or if it does they may not still hold all the belts between them

1 could lose, get injured, get a mandatory ordered. If they don’t fight now there is always the possibility that the fight won’t happen? Or if it does they may not still hold all the belts between them

All fair points. It’s just a shame because the event will suffer for having no real atmosphere and to be honest, I actually think that the fight would be higher profile and in the long run, better for both fighters and the sport it it was held at Wembley. But I here ya. You can’t always get what you want

I see this going as an ugly decision by fury (think fury klitchko) Joshua wouldn’t risk trying to engage fury, instead trying to box, like wlad, add that post Ruiz he is even more aware of getting hurt. I see Joshua trying to win a technical fight against Fury but due to Fury’s size this pretty much is a done deal.

I have trouble seeing fury stopping Joshua though, if the fight were to be won by KO then I think it’s Joshua who wins.

i hate calling fights but I have a pretty good feeling about this one, Tyson Fury via UD in a lackluster fight. If AJ were to win, which I doubt, it’s by stoppage

Truly amazing how Fury is suddenly untouchable lol

He’s not untouchable, and he could lose this fight of course, but he’s got all the tools to win and has shown himself to have the better ring IQ and ability to execute on a winning plan.

In my mind it’s 60/40 Fury.

A stone dead atmosphere in Saudi will also work in Fury’s favour as Joshua definitely seems to draw energy from the crowd, whereas Fury is a much more introverted fighter once the bell rings.

He’s not untouchable, and he could lose this fight of course, but he’s got all the tools to win and has shown himself to have the better ring IQ and ability to execute on a winning plan.

In my mind it’s 60/40 Fury.

A stone dead atmosphere in Saudi will also work in Fury’s favour as Joshua definitely seems to draw energy from the crowd, whereas Fury is a much more introverted fighter once the bell rings.
Ill never count Fury out but all these folks claiming Fury walks through AJ or AJ is easy work for Fury are out of their minds.

Ill never count Fury out but all these folks claiming Fury walks through AJ or AJ is easy work for Fury are out of their minds.

Neither guy is easy work for anyone, which is what makes it interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back