Anthony Joshua Opens as Favorite in Boxing Match Against Francis Ngannou (Price Update)

Winner?

• Joshua

Votes: 57 64.0%
  • Ngannou

Votes: 32 36.0%

• Total voters
Gave Francis little chance vs Fury. Was impressed, Fury was & is NO Champion.

After that bout, I now see hope in our UNDISPUTED MMA Champion winning.​
GTFO. Fury didn’t train at all.

The biggest problem for Francis is that his biggest surprise was doing well against fury. But now everyone knows he’s got something legit to offer boxing and AJ will know better than to take it lightly.

Ngannou should still be underdog but it’s still intriguing.

I think Joshua will take this 1000% more seriously than Fury did.

Joshua himself needs the win, and Ngannou isn’t seen as an easy win like he was before the Fury fight.

Joshua will keep things very tight and technical, and probably win a boring decision.
If Joshua takes it 100% serious in training and in the fight, Francis won’t last long.

You would think. But I think he comes in as the best version of himself that he currently has to offer. He won't underestimate Francis. Fuck this matchup is a mismatch on paper but Francis is a wildcard that's never happened in combat sports.
Oh I think he will train for the fight, unlike Fury. If he comes in top form and fights serious, I believe Francis goes down quickly by being overmatched and overwhelmed. I think Joshua would love to say “look at what I did vs what Fury did against the same guy”.

Honestly, even as a 'worse boxer' AJ probably should be a bigger favorite than Fury was. The biggest criticisms of Fury, being his inconsistent motivation, is precisely what gave Frank a chance to shine, whereas the biggest criticisms of AJ in the boxing world, that he's less "fighter" than he is a laboratory creation of an athlete, means his approach will probably be much more careful and deliberate
He'll definitely be more cautious, but he's also nowhere near as durable as Fury so it evens out somewhat. If Francis lands that same knockdown against AJ the fight becomes real interesting.

This is like a Ngannou vs Lewis type of situation. Some idiots think the rematch would be the same but it was a once in a lifetime situation. Same goes with this just because Ngannou ''beat'' Fury, they think he will beat Joshua .
Both was a rare occurance and will never happen again.
In the end our lord and savior Dana ''the Bald Daddy'' White will laugh

But Joshua's weak chin makes it fun, will be exciting while it lasts.

Francis is super easy tho. Fury didn’t even bother to train or prepare.
That's funny considering how Fury kept saying otherwise. People are just using this as a way to cope. Fury's not like Mayweather where the latter could actually get away with it.

no more mad its not where it belongs and baddest man on planet still after 0-1? i bet you conor fan too huh 1-4 lol

There's no claim to baddest man on the planet besides Ngannou. Jones own promoter shat on him for not wanting to fight Francis. You can't just memory hole that and pretend it didn't happen.

That's funny considering how Fury kept saying otherwise. People are just using this as a way to cope. Fury's not like Mayweather where the latter could actually get away with it.
Oh come on lol

Ngannou will break Joshua mentally.

Ngannou's mind is like a diamond 💎.

Holly vs Ronda odds started at 14-1 and were bet down to 8-1 by fight day. This was as people realized how fucked up the odds were and begun to dump money into Holly. The result nearly killed Vegas.
The bookie’s worst result is when the favourite wins because that’s where they are holding all of the money.
Holm winning (or any underdog) is a bookmakers dream day at the office.

I favour Joshua but Ngannou is absolutely a threat in that fight. AJ hits harder than Fury but is worse in most other areas. Lets not act like the dude who didnt walk into a boxing gym until he was 18 is some master boxer either. He can and probably will get caught by Ngannou, and likely has a worse chin and less power.

It’s crazy that boxing is taking over all the talk and buzz lately.

Is it? the buzz in this case is MMA fighters fighting boxers and Saudi shows that costs hundreds of millions of dollars to put on. Its not consistent or sustainable and the buzz never really lasts.

AJ should be the rightful favorite hes gonna take it a lot more seriously than Fury did plus Ngannou doesnt have that element of surprise anymore

Buttttt

AJ chin combined with Ngannous power make this reallyyy interesting.

Havent bet on sports in a while but i might throw 50-100 bucks on this and if I win splurge on some bullshit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back