Trump Rallies: What Will He Think of Next

I think Mr. Trump was likely referring to purchasing alcohol or tobacco products, as well as purchases which involve credit and debit cards.

Anyone with half a brain understood exactly what he meant. Which is, of course, why leftists can't understand it at all.
"I think" means some level uncertainty, but anyone who doesn't "know exactly what he meant" is stupid. Got it. I also love how you guys never criticize Trump for being vague or speaking like an uneducated idiot.

Glad to see you're back after getting caught lying about being a college professor.

I will say one thing, Trump riling up the deplorables to hate the press is going to get someone hurt or killed, does Trump care, of course not!

And the right will still claim that "their side" is always calm, respectful and courteous whenever they rally for their various causes. And that this is what separates them from the "unhinged" and "angry" left. But watch how the Deplorables reacted to the press corp in Tampa.

the tolerant right strikes again

Outside of going to the airport in the past week, I have not had to show anyone my ID in the past month. Not even when I ordered beer at b-dubs.

Like another poster just said, there are entire neighborhoods that will go their whole lives without a state issued ID.

Go to a poor neighborhood of any race and take a poll. I'm gonna venture more than half the adults won't have a valid state issued ID.

There are plenty of poor folks who will never go to an airport, never be carded at their local liquor store, never have a bank account (an epidemic among the very poor, interesting thing to read up on) etc.

Personally I'm undecided on voter ID laws. I think the issue is more the cost and hassle that is often difficult for the very poor to get ID. I know because I grew up extremely poor and lived in poverty till my early 20s.
Did you have an ID in your early twenties? If you escaped poverty, I'll bet you did. I grew up really poor too. My parents made sure that obtained proper ID. Without it, I couldn't work.

No, but clearly you're too dumb to comprehend my post. I'm saying if you put obstacles in the way of black and brown people getting IDs (removing DMVs from poor areas), and then removing forms of picture IDs that black and brown people often use such as student IDs and government workplace IDs, then you're clearly trying to disenfranchise their vote because you fear who they might vote for.

Also, as I pointed out in the earlier post, In NC's case, the supreme court saw these restrictions as attempts to disenfranchise certain groups of voters, so peddle your bullshit deflections elsewhere.
So you’d be fine with it if they allows those Id types

lol I havent been asked for my ID ever when shopping at the grocery store. You guys will try and validate ANYTHING Trump says or does. To you be cannot be wrong and that's bizarre

So when you went and bought Cigarettes and/or Booze there, you weren't asked for your ID?

Did you have an ID in your early twenties? If you escaped poverty, I'll bet you did. I grew up really poor too. My parents made sure that obtained proper ID. Without it, I couldn't work.

Yes. I had my driver's license when I was 17.

But my cousin is a great example of someone who had great difficulty getting one. His dad died when he was a toddler, and his mother (my maternal aunt) died a few months before his 18th birthday. They were/are extremely poor. His mom's boyfriend kicked him out on the street when he turned 18 with just the clothes on his back.

Without an address how can he get an ID? He doesn't have three pieces of mail, a regular requirement for ID. He doens't even have his social security card to get an ID since it was tossed by his mom's boyfriend. He is on the street with no money, so how can he pay the $20 fee it cost in IL? How can he then get a job without an ID, to get the money to buy an ID?

Eventually I stepped in an helped him out. His mother had me listed as the beneficiary on her life insurance (long story how that happened) and I had a piece of mail from Social Security that had his SS number on it. I had to go to city hall and get a copy of his birth certificate, and I let him use my address to eventually meet the requirements to get an ID. But without all the leg work I put in for him, how would he ever have gotten it? His case isn't unique either. Which is the problem.

Personally, I'd say for the EXTREMELY poor, the red tape to getting an ID is more so the problem than the voter ID laws itself. Many people who live in extreme poverty are in the same boat he is in. Which snowballs into why bother ever voting since you register to vote when you get an ID in a lot of states (outside of voter enrollment campaigns run by local political offices). But that's the complaint with voter ID laws: its not that it is necessary bad to require the ID to vote. But getting the state ID for many poor people is difficult. And in places where the GOP is trying to enact these laws, its the poor people who would be voting against them. Which is really the crux of the issue.

DX-aYpZUMAAYGrb.jpg

When put that way, I can see how it makes zero sense that there's no ID for voting.

So when you went and bought Cigarettes and/or Booze there, you weren't asked for your ID?

I don't smoke and I'm well over the age of 21. Those aren't necessarily groceries either

I don't smoke and I'm well over the age of 21. Those aren't necessarily groceries either

I believe you are over the age of 21.

Too bad the people in your avy act like they aren't. What a childish thing to do (Trump baby balloon).

Must be nice not having to work in the UK to have the time to just get out and protest just for the fuck of it. lol

But my cousin is a great example of someone who had great difficulty getting one. His dad died when he was a toddler, and his mother (my maternal aunt) died a few months before his 18th birthday. They were/are extremely poor. His mom's boyfriend kicked him out on the street when he turned 18 with just the clothes on his back.

Without an address how can he get an ID? He doesn't have three pieces of mail, a regular requirement for ID. He doens't even have his social security card to get an ID since it was tossed by his mom's boyfriend. He is on the street with no money, so how can he pay the $20 fee it cost in IL? How can he then get a job without an ID, to get the money to buy an ID?

Eventually I stepped in an helped him out. His mother had me listed as the beneficiary on her life insurance (long story how that happened) and I had a piece of mail from Social Security that had his SS number on it. I had to go to city hall and get a copy of his birth certificate, and I let him use my address to eventually meet the requirements to get an ID. But without all the leg work I put in for him, how would he ever have gotten it? His case isn't unique either. Which is the problem.

Personally, I'd say for the EXTREMELY poor, the red tape to getting an ID is more so the problem than the voter ID laws itself. Many people who live in extreme poverty are in the same boat he is in. Which snowballs into why bother ever voting since you register to vote when you get an ID in a lot of states (outside of voter enrollment campaigns run by local political offices). But that's the complaint with voter ID laws: its not that it is necessary bad to require the ID to vote. But getting the state ID for many poor people is difficult. And in places where the GOP is trying to enact these laws, its the poor people who would be voting against them. Which is really the crux of the issue.
Good on you for that.
I honestly believe that if someone receives a check from the government, unless employed by, retired or legit disabled, they should not be eligible to vote. It might motivate politicians in to creating more opportunities for the citizens, rather than buying votes with promises of free stuff. But, yeah, I know it's complicated....

You are supposed to show us when you use your credit card
I have “CHECK I.D.” written on the back of all my cards. 99% of people must think that’s my name as I never get asked for ID.

Doland Trump is an asshole

"I think" means some level uncertainty

No, it doesn't mean uncertainty. It is no different than "I feel" or "I believe." It's a qualifier for giving one's opinion.

but anyone who doesn't "know exactly what he meant" is stupid. Got it.

Correct.

I also love how you guys never criticize Trump for being vague or speaking like an uneducated idiot.

In this case he was not being vague, nor speaking like an idiot. The people pretending they didn't know what he meant are speaking like uneducated idiots.

Glad to see you're back after getting caught lying about being a college professor.

What do you mean "caught lying"? I must have missed that one completely.

So what you're saying is Trump is the political equivalent of a scatter gun. Shoot out a load of bullshit and hope to hit someone in the cone? Or maybe another simile would be his mouth is an assault weapon of buffoonery with a high capacity magazine?
No he’s the political equivalent of explosive diarrhea and spray farts

If you try to buy Alcohol and or Cigarettes most Supermarkets will as for ID. If you try to buy M rated video games most shops will ask for ID. Nothing he said was factually wrong.
Can uou please stop trumpsplaining already. It makes you all look stupider than you already are.

Grocery stores sell alcohol and cigarettes. Which means you may still have to show ID. He's not wrong no matter how much you want to spin it.
He doesn’t drink or smoke. You think he knows that you can buy alcohol at a grocery store in some states.

You can't argue against policy using extreme cases that effect a very small sliver of the population. If 0.01% of the population can't figure out how to get a government-issued ID, we should not sacrifice the security of our elections to ensure they have the option to vote.

And to add a bit of common sense to the discussion, if a bum living on the streets for years can't be arsed to get a job and a house, how likely is he to actually get off his ass and walk into a voting booth? It's completely absurd for anyone to argue against voter ID laws.

No, it doesn't mean uncertainty. It is no different than "I feel" or "I believe." It's a qualifier for giving one's opinion.

Why the qualifier if Trump was so clear? Obviously he was not clear and he speaks like he didn't graduate pass the 8th grade, but the onus is on left wingers to "know what he means" every time he speaks. If he was so clear there is no need for a qualifier. Ok bud.

Nah, you're just a hyperpartisan hack.

In this case he was not being vague, nor speaking like an idiot. The people pretending they didn't know what he meant are speaking like uneducated idiots.

Wrong. If you're going to speak to Americans about policy and use other examples to support your policy you have to be crystal fucking clear. Also, you're being totally ridiculous because he specifically said "buy groceries". No one on the fucking planet thinks of alcohol as groceries except alcoholics, maybe. Your constant defense of Trump is just lame and boring at this point.

What do you mean "caught lying"? I must have missed that one completely.

Well go back and read it. You claim to be an English professor, yes? And you don't take issue with how poorly Trump speaks?

I believe you are over the age of 21.

Too bad the people in your avy act like they aren't. What a childish thing to do (Trump baby balloon).

Must be nice not having to work in the UK to have the time to just get out and protest just for the fuck of it. lol

You ever heard of days off? I get 25 days off per year buddy. I can use those to protest or whatever else the hell I want.

The balloon is childish but Trump isn't right? Nothing is over the top when it comes to Trump. Sorry, but he made it that way.

Back