Trump Rallies: What Will He Think of Next

Because I can procure my social security card to register to vote?

Use your brain son. Two of the three methods of human authentication are satisfied with a SSN at registration, and your presence when voting. The dissent makes perfect sense when you actually have a working knowledge of security principles and authentication methods.
So you can manage to have a social security card, but not a picture ID? You can make it to the voting booth but not the DMV?

Bullshit. I smell it.

I havent been asked for my ID in years... and i'm still in my 30's. The answer is no, nobody needs an ID to go grocery shopping and listening to Trumpers defend everything he says is hilarious
I get asked for ID almost every time I use my debit card.

Couldn't say.

I have a feeling that if Trump said that people needed to show the clerk a full pineapple when shopping you would come here and say that you had to show a pineapple this morning when you went to the store

I have a feeling that if Trump said that people needed to show the clerk a full pineapple when shopping you would come here and say that you had to show a pineapple this morning when you went to the store
No one cares about your feeling.

What opponents of voter id are saying is that basically democrat minorities are too dumb to go get IDs.

<TrumpWrong1>

I'm saying that Republicans pass restrictive voting laws to prevent certain groups from voting because those groups don't vote in their favor, and they try and blame it on voter fraud.

There is some voter fraud, but the numbers aren't significant, and it's mostly vote counters or poll workers that commit fraud, so forcing people to show their ID won't accomplish anything.

They also often pass other restrictions along with the ID requirements but those are rarely mentioned because they can't be as easily rationalized. Such measures include closing DMVs in poor neighborhoods, shrinking early voting periods, shortening the hours of DMVs so it becomes inconvenient to get there on working days, and restricting or ending vote by mail options.

voter ID laws are clearly designed to suppress the voters in areas where having a drivers license or state ID is less likely. I show my ID when I register and then on voting day I walk up to the 80 year old lady and tell her my name.

An anecdote for you guys, this past election I went to the 80 year old as I typically would and told her my name. She only had me listed as my first initial and last name so there was some discrepancy. Since I'm a white guy and I live in a nice neighborhood she let me vote without asking me for anything at all. That would not happen in an African America community.

You sure she's 80 years old and not 800?

Good grief. These women have one foot in the grave already.

Acosta, who was heckled with “CNN sucks!” chants before Trump appeared on stage, has said he did not feel like he was in America and expressed that he is “very worried that the hostility whipped up by Trump and some in conservative media will result in somebody getting hurt.”

“That’s a serious moment and a serious place.
And Jim Acosta’s life, in my opinion, was in jeopardy that night,” Ryan told CNN host Don Lemon on Wednesday evening.
“There was a safety issue.”
F22CAB9C-49B4-457B-8034-61E9A9B1C814-628159.JPG

So you can manage to have a social security card, but not a picture ID? You can make it to the voting booth but not the DMV?

Bullshit. I smell it.

It's almost like you can request a social security card online.

<TheWire1><Dylan>

It's almost like you can request a social security card online.

<TheWire1><Dylan>

I had my social security card given to me by my parents, I didn't have to go anywhere for it.

Also 23 debit/credit card purchased this week. Have not been asked for ID once, despite my one card not being signed. That includes buying groceries 3 times.

I can not remember the last time I was asked for ID making a non-alcohol related purchase.

The thing about voting ID is they only serve one purpose, to disenfranchise voters who don't often vote republican. There were studies conducted which looked at the patterns in which poor minorities voted which led to the disenfranchisement efforts passed in some republican controlled states. Voter ID is the easiest of these measure to rationalize, and yet NC was trying to pass a law that would have banned student IDs and government worker IDs so it's hardly an argument made in good faith. Decreasing early voting periods, closing down DMVs in poor neighborhoods and eliminating pre-registration of high school students are much more difficult to rationalize.

If you have a representative democracy, then decreasing the representation of citizens by putting barriers in place to prevent them from voting is completely undemocratic and against everything this country stands for.

Don't take my word for it, take the supreme court's word when they struck down the unconstitutional NC voting laws:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...can-bid-to-revive-north-carolina-voter-id-law

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/us/politics/voter-id-laws-supreme-court-north-carolina.html

We have a pitiful voting track record in our country, and there are so many easy fixes that Republicans want nothing to do with: Making voting day a national holiday, make vote by mail available to everyone, or pass a mandatory voting law.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/05/21/u-s-voter-turnout-trails-most-developed-countries/

Bruh... State IDs are not expensive, and they're not difficult to get if you have your basic shit together. Cut the bullshit.

Personally, I'm glad he's channeling Chairman Mao calling the free press enemy of the people.
We need to run articles by the POTUS to check them for facts because he knows words

Back