Trump Rallies: What Will He Think of Next

I will say one thing, Trump riling up the deplorables to hate the press is going to get someone hurt or killed, does Trump care, of course not!

I will say one thing, Trump riling up the deplorables to hate the press is going to get someone hurt or killed, does Trump care, of course not!

Pizza gate already got someone killed, no?

I find it strange to think that there's a country where you don't need an ID to vote.

Organizing your society in a way which will allow all of your citizens to be identifiable to the government institutions, ought to be the first order of things. You generally want to have people on your radar, and actively involved with the organized society.

And no, I don't mean China style. Just having a piece of paper with your face and social security number in it, ought to be enough. Shouldn't be too much to ask.

Excusing half-ass practises with half-ass reasoning ("but, but, some groups of people are less likely to have ID, it's voter suppression"), is even worse than what Trump is doing here. Atleast he's trying to make a case in favour of something that's fairly obviously a good thing, for a well-organized, well-structured society to have.
I remember the video where they asked white liberals if there should be id to vote and was it unfair to blacks to demand id to vote. Varying answers mostly included that blacks were so helpless, unaware and inept that it was unfair to make voter id laws. They then put those arguments to blacks who were appalled / amused that they were considered so dumb by these whites. Kind of sums up what leftists think of blacks.

If someone can’t upload the video, I’ll try later.

The issue is that in the US, the same people pushing for voter ID laws are usually also the first ones to oppose any effort to make national ID documents mandatory or easy to get. In some cases they also make it more difficult for poor people to get access to an ID. That makes it pretty transparent that they don't really want to prevent fraud, but only for voter suppression.

Let the US have a mandatory national ID document and see this become a none-issue.

As always, there's a rational compromise to be made, but it won't happen because there's too much at stake politically. Democrats don't want to risk losing their non-ID voter base, while Republicans want to suppress them.

In either case, out of two shitty politically partisan solutions, I would side with the Republicans here, because an ID, even if somewhat difficult to get, ought to be necessary for a person to vote. You have to show atleast some basic level of willingness to work along with the society.

Grocery stores sell alcohol and cigarettes. Which means you may still have to show ID. He's not wrong no matter how much you want to spin it.

Pull your tongue out of Trump's ass.

I am often asked for ID when I pay with check or credit. Not sure why you find that so outlandish.

Then showing ID is only a requirement for using the credit card or check. Not for the actual purchase of the items. That's two different things.

And even then even by your own statement you dont ALWAYS have to show it in order to use your card.

So Trumps analogy was not well thought out to say the least.

So what you're saying is Trump is the political equivalent of a scatter gun. Shoot out a load of bullshit and hope to hit someone in the cone? Or maybe another simile would be his mouth is an assault weapon of buffoonery with a high capacity magazine?

I'd say it's more the second thing.

Donald Trump tweets some strange stuff. But it's hard to top what he says to captive audiences at rallies.

Here's a nugget from a recent rally in Florida.

“You know, if you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID. You go out and you want to buy anything, you need ID and you need your picture,”

This was his way of trying to show his reasoning for Voter ID laws.

My guess is Donald Trump has never been to a grocery store. But to be that out of touch is extra curious from the guy who garners support on the basis of his everyman quality. But I guess his everyman quality is just saying dumb things

But hey those limousine liberals and coastal elites are so out of touch.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...d-grocery-shopping-voter-fraud-id-laws-2018-8

I get asked for ID when I use plastic about 20% of the time. So you can definitely need id to buy groceries.

So if I go into the grocery store and buy some cheese, I need my ID?

<{1-1}>
If you pay with a credit card or debit card, it's possible.

I'll admit I haven't had to at the grocery store in years, but at the gas station or 7-11, all the time.

<TheDonald>

You're a retard interpreter. Good for you
Sorry if your vaginal bleeding overrides common sense. This is not just true for groceries btw. Movies, clothes, whatever you use a card for you’re supposed to show An id. Most of the time you don’t, but you’re supposed to

If you pay with a credit card or debit card, it's possible.

I'll admit I haven't had to at the grocery store in years, but at the gas station or 7-11, all the time.
Nu uh
You’re in the klan
You hate jews
Drumpf
Maga

Or

Yeah it happens

The thing about voting ID is they only serve one purpose, to disenfranchise voters who don't often vote republican. There were studies conducted which looked at the patterns in which poor minorities voted which led to the disenfranchisement efforts passed in some republican controlled states. Voter ID is the easiest of these measure to rationalize, and yet NC was trying to pass a law that would have banned student IDs and government worker IDs so it's hardly an argument made in good faith. Decreasing early voting periods, closing down DMVs in poor neighborhoods and eliminating pre-registration of high school students are much more difficult to rationalize.

If you have a representative democracy, then decreasing the representation of citizens by putting barriers in place to prevent them from voting is completely undemocratic and against everything this country stands for.

Don't take my word for it, take the supreme court's word when they struck down the unconstitutional NC voting laws:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...can-bid-to-revive-north-carolina-voter-id-law

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/us/politics/voter-id-laws-supreme-court-north-carolina.html

We have a pitiful voting track record in our country, and there are so many easy fixes that Republicans want nothing to do with: Making voting day a national holiday, make vote by mail available to everyone, or pass a mandatory voting law.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/05/21/u-s-voter-turnout-trails-most-developed-countries/

Last edited:
Trump is charismatic.

He may do stupid-as-fuck things as President but no one can deny that when he speaks, EVERYONE(even the haters) stop and listen.

(and before someone says..."well duh. He's the POTUS. Everyone listens when he speaks. Well not me. Even when Clinton(Bill) was Prez, I never once followed what he said or anything regarding Poltics)

Maybe if they told the truth once in awhile and if they stopped trying to start a Civil war they wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Trump is charismatic.

He may do stupid-as-fuck things as President but no one can deny that when he speaks, EVERYONE(even the haters) stop and listen.

(and before someone says..."well duh. He's the POTUS. Everyone listens when he speaks. Well not me. Even when Clinton(Bill) was Prez, I never once followed what he said or anything regarding Poltics)
And you see this as a good thing? People paying attention to a proven lying scumbag?

Back