Trump Rallies: What Will He Think of Next

Drug? Illegal ID's? Fishing? Military?
True. It's the perfect place for a fishing charter captain in the army reserves who also smuggles drugs with his boat and has a side business of manufacturing illegal IDs.

True. It's the perfect place for a fishing charter captain in the army reserves who also smuggles drugs with his boat and has a side business of manufacturing illegal IDs.
That's what I know... ;)

Remember when Don the Con tried to blame his popular vote loss on voter fraud, the man lies about everything. He is just trying to setup an excuse when he loses.
I think he's also trying to give local Republicans political coverage when they try to pass voter ID laws just in time for midterm elections. Trump knows he is absolutely fucked if Republicans don't retain control of Congress. Even if just the house flips he'll get zero policy done and make it much tougher to win in 2020.

He's dumb but he's smart enough to realize he needs Republicans in power.

That would have been nice, but I think some states like the revenue from ID cards too much.

Unfortunately Florida, my state, will nickel and dime you with those driver's license replacement fees. It cost 37$ dollars to get a new license with a change of address and that is independent from renewal fees when you're required to get a new picture.

When you're living in apartments and forced to find a new place every two lease renewals or so because the rent goes up 50$ a month every year (often faster than your pay), then those fees start to add up.
Not unique to Florida. That still is 18 bucks a year or 1.50 a month

What is the evidence that voter id laws prevent votes? I’m legitimately curious.

There are lots of studies and analyses on the topic in law journals and think tank studies. I think WashPo aggregated some of them for reader consumption last year.

In the legal and political communities, it's pretty common knowledge that voter identification laws are just a trojan horse for voter suppression and serve no actual purpose.

Here's one article that I specifically remember. I apologize that it's less impartial than is ideal, but I don't want to cite to an article that I haven't read myself and I don't have the time to go perusing.
https://www.thenation.com/article/w...w-suppressed-200000-votes-trump-won-by-23000/

Requiring an ID to vote solves a problem that doesn't exist. Voter fraud is miniscule there is no reason to even discuss it as it has zero impact on elections.

You can't even spell minuscule.

An estimated 100,000 fraudulent ballots were cast in a 1982 Chicago election. After a Justice Department investigation, 63 individuals were convicted of voter fraud.

After an extensive investigation of absentee ballot fraud in a 1994 Greene County, Alabama, election, nine defendants pleaded guilty to voter fraud, and two others were found guilty by a jury. The defendants included Greene County commissioners, officials, and employees; a racing commissioner; a member of the board of education; a Eutaw city councilman; and other community leaders. Among other things, the conspirators used an assembly line to mass produce forged absentee ballots meant to swing elections in favor of preferred candidates.

Allan “Twig” Simmons, an operative for the East Chicago, Indiana, mayor’s campaign, persuaded voters to let him fill out their absentee ballots in exchange for jobs. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three years of probation and 100 hours of community service. Fraud in the 2003 East Chicago mayoral primary was so widespread that the Indiana Supreme Court ultimately overturned the election results and ordered a special mayoral election that resulted in a different winner.

Chad Staton, a worker associated with the NAACP National Voter Fund in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, pleaded guilty to 10 felony counts for filing false voter registrations during the 2004 presidential election in exchange for crack cocaine. Staton filled out more than 100 forms in names such as Mary Poppins, Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan, Dick Tracy, and George Lopez.

Six Democrats from Lincoln County, West Virginia, pleaded guilty to charges of participating in a conspiracy to buy votes dating back to 1990. The indictment charged that the cabal conspired to buy votes in every election held between 1990 and 2004, handing out slates listing preferred candidates and using liquor and cash—typically $20 per vote—to seal the deal. They also laid gravel on roads for supporters and fixed traffic tickets.

East St. Louis, Illinois, precinct committeemen Charles Powell, Sheila Thomas, Jesse Lewis, and Kelvin Ellis, as well as precinct worker Yvette Johnson, were convicted of conspiracy to commit election fraud after participating in vote buying activities in the 2004 election, including submitting budgets that would allow city funds to be used to pay voters to vote for Democrat candidates.

ACORN workers in Seattle, Washington, committed what the secretary of state called, “the worst case of voter registration fraud in the history of the state of Washington.” The group submitted 1,762 fraudulent voter registration forms. The group’s leader, Clifton Mitchell, was convicted of false registrations and served nearly three months in jail. Four other ACORN workers on his team also received jail time, and ACORN was fined $25,000 to cover the cost of the investigation.

Paul Schurick, former campaign manager to Maryland Gov. Robert Ehrlich, a Republican, was convicted of election fraud after approving a robocall to black voters telling them not to vote because the Democrats had already won the 2010 gubernatorial election. A circuit court judge spared Schurick jail time, opting to sentence him to 30 days’ home detention, four years of probation, and 500 hours of community service.

In 2012, while running for re-election, Martin, Kentucky, Mayor Ruth Robinson and a cabal of co-conspirators targeted residents living in public housing and in properties Robinson owned, threatening to evict them if they did not sign absentee ballots that Robinson and her family had already filled out. Robinson also targeted disabled residents, and offered to buy the votes of others. She was convicted and sentenced to serve 90 months’ imprisonment.

https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/heritage-explains/voter-fraud

By minuscule, what you meant to say was it isn't a problem for the Democratic party because Democrats overwhelmingly benefit from voter fraud.

Not unique to Florida. That still is 18 bucks a year or 1.50 a month

It's not just about the money. If there isn't a DMV centrally located near you, and especially if you don't own a vehicle, it may be hard to get to the DMV when its only open from 9AM-5PM M-F.

It's not impossible, but it's needlessly difficult. Also, while voter ID is often mentioned because it's easy to justify, there are plenty of other measures that can't be justified as easily, like shrinking the early voting periods, or restricting vote by mail.

Why the qualifier if Trump was so clear?

Because qualifiers should be used when stating opinions.

Obviously he was not clear

He was crystal clear, but retards like you play dumb (or are really that dumb, perhaps) so that you can continue to peddle your faux outrage.

and he speaks like he didn't graduate pass the 8th grade but the onus is on left wingers to "know what he means" every time he speaks.

I'm not expecting anything from you, not even civility, because I know it is beyond you. I am simply correcting the record. You can attempt to obfuscate and play dumb as much as you want, but you can expect to be called on it.

If he was so clear there is no need for a qualifier. Ok bud.

I used the qualifier because I was stating my opinion. That's what qualifiers are for. Did you finish the 8th grade, per chance?

Nah, you're just a hyperpartisan hack.

Says the retard who takes issues with the statement "you need an ID to buy groceries." In many cases you do, and anyone with common sense knows that. Countless examples have been given already. You ignore them because it doesn't serve your narrative.

Wrong. If you're going to speak to Americans about policy and use other examples to support your policy you have to be crystal fucking clear.

It was crystal clear to anyone with half a brain. Which must be why it wasn't clear to you at all.

Also, you're being totally ridiculous because he specifically said "buy groceries". No one on the fucking planet thinks of alcohol as groceries except alcoholics, maybe.

Groceries are defined as anything sold in a grocery store. In fact, in the Southwestern United States, "groceries" specifically referred to a saloon, bar, or liquor store.

You can have a right to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Your constant defense of Trump is just lame and boring at this point.

My constant defense? How many times have I defended Trump? I'll let you count.

Well go back and read it. You claim to be an English professor, yes?

I am an English professor. Why would someone make that up? It's hardly a glamorous title to claim, isn't it?

And you don't take issue with how poorly Trump speaks?

No. Why should I?

There are lots of studies and analyses on the topic in law journals and think tank studies. I think WashPo aggregated some of them for reader consumption last year.

In the legal and political communities, it's pretty common knowledge that voter identification laws are just a trojan horse for voter suppression and serve no actual purpose.

Here's one article that I specifically remember. I apologize that it's less impartial than is ideal, but I don't want to cite to an article that I haven't read myself and I don't have the time to go perusing.
https://www.thenation.com/article/w...w-suppressed-200000-votes-trump-won-by-23000/

Thanks for the link. I read the article. It starts off with an example which to be honest, is not a very honest representation. What happened to that guy is not standard. His birth certificate didn’t match his previous ID so how could they possibly give him an ID in a new state without him first correcting it and bringing a proper birth certificate? That’s his problem. Has nothing to do with voter suppression.

The author of that article put that in there for shock factor but it’s actually a bullshit example.

Next, the article spends page after page talking about how states with voter ID laws had less voting than states with it. That’s not evidence that voter iD laws suppress votes. It’s circumstantial, but I still believe it to be true anyway.

The article then goes on to mention that the study is partisan and not peer reviewed. Nothing is without bias, fine.

The article still doesn’t demonstrate how voter ID law prevents African Americans (from the article) from voting?

I’m confused, do people go to register to vote and they are denied because the person at the desk sees that their skin is black? Or are people not doing their civic duty and registering properly and in time for the election?

And I am aware that you mentioned that there are stronger links out there. I’ll have a look. But the way you guys make it sound is as though people are actively not allowing black people to register just because they are black. That doesn’t appear to be the case from what I’m reading.

Last edited:

That's not voter suppression. That's the voter ID laws working as they were intended. On most of the previous Census records since the 1950's, they did not ask whether or not one was an American citizen.

As I posted earlier, there are numerous cases of voter fraud (overwhelmingly in favor of Democrats), including cases of illegal immigrants voting multiple times in an election.

The fact that strict voter ID laws result in fewer Hispanics voting is not evidence of voter suppression, it is evidence that these laws reduce voter fraud.

There is absolutely no reason why we should not have voter ID laws. If we've got people in this country who are too stupid to figure out how to get an ID, they don't need to be voting anyway.

An estimated 100,000 fraudulent ballots were cast in a 1982 Chicago election. After a Justice Department investigation, 63 individuals were convicted of voter fraud.

After an extensive investigation of absentee ballot fraud in a 1994 Greene County, Alabama, election, nine defendants pleaded guilty to voter fraud, and two others were found guilty by a jury. The defendants included Greene County commissioners, officials, and employees; a racing commissioner; a member of the board of education; a Eutaw city councilman; and other community leaders. Among other things, the conspirators used an assembly line to mass produce forged absentee ballots meant to swing elections in favor of preferred candidates.

Allan “Twig” Simmons, an operative for the East Chicago, Indiana, mayor’s campaign, persuaded voters to let him fill out their absentee ballots in exchange for jobs. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three years of probation and 100 hours of community service. Fraud in the 2003 East Chicago mayoral primary was so widespread that the Indiana Supreme Court ultimately overturned the election results and ordered a special mayoral election that resulted in a different winner.

Chad Staton, a worker associated with the NAACP National Voter Fund in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, pleaded guilty to 10 felony counts for filing false voter registrations during the 2004 presidential election in exchange for crack cocaine. Staton filled out more than 100 forms in names such as Mary Poppins, Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan, Dick Tracy, and George Lopez.

Six Democrats from Lincoln County, West Virginia, pleaded guilty to charges of participating in a conspiracy to buy votes dating back to 1990. The indictment charged that the cabal conspired to buy votes in every election held between 1990 and 2004, handing out slates listing preferred candidates and using liquor and cash—typically $20 per vote—to seal the deal. They also laid gravel on roads for supporters and fixed traffic tickets.

East St. Louis, Illinois, precinct committeemen Charles Powell, Sheila Thomas, Jesse Lewis, and Kelvin Ellis, as well as precinct worker Yvette Johnson, were convicted of conspiracy to commit election fraud after participating in vote buying activities in the 2004 election, including submitting budgets that would allow city funds to be used to pay voters to vote for Democrat candidates.

ACORN workers in Seattle, Washington, committed what the secretary of state called, “the worst case of voter registration fraud in the history of the state of Washington.” The group submitted 1,762 fraudulent voter registration forms. The group’s leader, Clifton Mitchell, was convicted of false registrations and served nearly three months in jail. Four other ACORN workers on his team also received jail time, and ACORN was fined $25,000 to cover the cost of the investigation.

Paul Schurick, former campaign manager to Maryland Gov. Robert Ehrlich, a Republican, was convicted of election fraud after approving a robocall to black voters telling them not to vote because the Democrats had already won the 2010 gubernatorial election. A circuit court judge spared Schurick jail time, opting to sentence him to 30 days’ home detention, four years of probation, and 500 hours of community service.

In 2012, while running for re-election, Martin, Kentucky, Mayor Ruth Robinson and a cabal of co-conspirators targeted residents living in public housing and in properties Robinson owned, threatening to evict them if they did not sign absentee ballots that Robinson and her family had already filled out. Robinson also targeted disabled residents, and offered to buy the votes of others. She was convicted and sentenced to serve 90 months’ imprisonment.

By minuscule, what you meant to say was it isn't a problem for the Democratic party because Democrats overwhelmingly benefit from voter fraud.

1) The people in your cases of voter fraud were all caught. It's hardly a surprise that people will try to commit voter fraud.

2) Those cases involve republicans too.

3) In none of those cases, would a voter ID law have made a difference.

So you don't know the definition of minuscule? You posted a bunch of anecdotes that have had no impact on elections. Bravo.

Last edited:

The heritage foundation? Pfft.
Here’s Paul Weyrich, co founder of such wonderful organizations like the heritage foundation, ALEC, and the moral majority speaking about voters.

Thanks for the link. I read the article. It starts off with an example which to be honest, is not a very honest representation. What happened to that guy is not standard. His birth certificate didn’t match his previous ID so how could they possibly give him an ID in a new state without him first correcting it and bringing a proper birth certificate? That’s his problem. Has nothing to do with voter suppression.

The author of that article put that in there for shock factor but it’s actually a bullshit example.

Next, the article spends page after page talking about how states with voter ID laws had less voting than states with it. That’s not evidence that voter iD laws suppress votes. It’s circumstantial, but I still believe it to be true anyway.

The article then goes on to mention that the study is partisan and not peer reviewed. Nothing is without bias, fine.

The article still doesn’t demonstrate how voter ID law prevents African Americans (from the article) from voting?

I’m confused, do people go to register to vote and they are denied because the person at the desk sees that their skin is black? Or are people not doing their civic duty and registering properly and in time for the election?

Well, firstly, voter ID laws are but a subset of the larger array of laws that have the effect of vote suppression.

The voter ID laws themselves are (obviously) completely race neutral. Putting enforcement aside, they disproportionately affect poor people and, especially, urban poor people, who are more likely to be renters, more likely to lack access or have more congested access to the polls, and more likely to frequently change residences (for the second part, for instance, Ohio's new voter purge laws are going to be devastating to poor urban communities). Poor persons are less likely to have documentation, to even have a driver's license, and to have the time and money to expend (and the access to information to know that they need to do so) toward purchase of such identification. And, as you know, black people are more likely to be poor and more likely to live in an urban setting.

Regardless of the demographic makeup of the persons whose voters are excluded, the mere fact that we know statistically significant amounts of valid votes are being excluded and that we know that there is no statistically significant incidence of voter fraud at all, let alone relating to identification, should make this a slam dunk, right? When the harms one way are completely hypothetical and the harms the other way are identifiably real?

The fact that strict voter ID laws result in fewer Hispanics voting is not evidence of voter suppression, it is evidence that these laws reduce voter fraud

You listed ten cases since 1982, and they had none of them would have been effected by voter ID laws. The vast majority of research on this subject has proved that Voter ID laws do little more than suppress the vote, but Republicans have taken plenty of other more overt actions such as restricting early voting days, access to mail in ballots, and restricting what types of IDs that can be accepted (aka no student IDs or government workplace issued IDs).

The only reports that paint voter fraud as a big deal come exclusively from right wing think tanks like the Heritage Foundation, or other right wing political groups. Everyone else who looks at the data comes out with different findings.

Furthermore, it's really obvious why the GOP wants to suppress the vote. It's because they don't like who such groups vote for, and voter suppression often targets blacks. Are you going to tell me that there are wide swaths of illegal Africans threatening the integrity of our elections too?

Because qualifiers should be used when stating opinions.

If it was an opinion you cannot assume anyone that has a different opinion is stupid. It is not a statement of fact, but of opinion. You were caught bullshitting now you're just trying to wiggle out of it.

He was crystal clear, but retards like you play dumb (or are really that dumb, perhaps) so that you can continue to peddle your faux outrage.

He was not crystal clear. No one considers alcohol to be included in "groceries". For example, if you don't have ID you can still buy groceries but you can't buy beer.

And for the record I was clear in stating this is not even the important issue here and that an attempt to keep groups of people who largely vote Democrat from voting. He just goofed on his example.

I'm not expecting anything from you, not even civility, because I know it is beyond you. I am simply correcting the record. You can attempt to obfuscate and play dumb as much as you want, but you can expect to be called on it.

Lame. I'm civil with nearly everyone on here but you are hostile and hyper partisan so you don't deserve much respect.

I used the qualifier because I was stating my opinion. That's what qualifiers are for. Did you finish the 8th grade, per chance?

If Trump made a plain statement then there is no room for opinion. Your qualifier blows up your position that anyone who didn't get that Trump was talking about alcohol is stupid.

Says the retard who takes issues with the statement "you need an ID to buy groceries." In many cases you do, and anyone with common sense knows that. Countless examples have been given already. You ignore them because it doesn't serve your narrative.

You never need ID to buy groceries. You need ID to buy alcohol or cigarettes, which are often sold at grocery stores. It's embarrassing to see you repeat the same error over and over to defend your lord like a cult member.

It was crystal clear to anyone with half a brain. Which must be why it wasn't clear to you at all.

See, you history of flaming (like this) is why you get zero respect from me.

Groceries are defined as anything sold in a grocery store. In fact, in the Southwestern United States, "groceries" specifically referred to a saloon, bar, or liquor store.

Groceries are defined as food and supplies. You can buy groceries at 7-11 but that is not a grocery store. Derp.

You can have a right to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Which is why you're only out now is to redefine words.

My constant defense? How many times have I defended Trump? I'll let you count.

No thanks. No one has time for that shit. But it's definitely lame.

I am an English professor. Why would someone make that up? It's hardly a glamorous title to claim, isn't it?

No one but you knows what's inside your head, but you probably think it grants you credibility.

No. Why should I?

I find it near impossible that an English professor would go to forums to slam people over Trump's comments because people should "know what he means" when the guy consistently speaks about as poorly as an average 8th grader without addressing the person who is actually speaking so poorly that everyone can get it wrong (according to you).

But we already know you're not an English professor.

Back