Trump Rallies: What Will He Think of Next

ScottE

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Donald Trump tweets some strange stuff. But it's hard to top what he says to captive audiences at rallies.

Here's a nugget from a recent rally in Florida.

“You know, if you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID. You go out and you want to buy anything, you need ID and you need your picture,”

This was his way of trying to show his reasoning for Voter ID laws.

My guess is Donald Trump has never been to a grocery store. But to be that out of touch is extra curious from the guy who garners support on the basis of his everyman quality. But I guess his everyman quality is just saying dumb things

But hey those limousine liberals and coastal elites are so out of touch.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...d-grocery-shopping-voter-fraud-id-laws-2018-8

There are reasons why Trump won the election.

One of them is people like TS who pretend to be autistic and take obvious statements of hyperbole from Trump and blow them up into this faux issue for other anti-Trumpers to feed off.

It’s a convincing mechanism. He’s saying you need ID for XYZ, so why not the same for ABC.

Trump is a senile old man who says stupid stuff so often it's hard to focus on one before the next one comes out.

It's truly his greatest talent.

Donald Trump tweets some strange stuff. But it's hard to top what he says to captive audiences at rallies.

“You know, if you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID. You go out and you want to buy anything, you need ID and you need your picture,”

My guess is Donald Trump has never been to a grocery store. But to be that out of touch is extra curious from the guy who garners support on the basis of his everyman quality. But I guess his everyman quality is just saying dumb things

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...d-grocery-shopping-voter-fraud-id-laws-2018-8
You are supposed to show us when you use your credit card

I bought groceries with my credit card yesterday. Didn't get asked for ID. Bought stuff on it at 3 other stores, didn't get asked either.

My guess is you don't actually understand the agreements between CC companies and vendors, because showing an ID isn't something they actually require.

I have See ID written on the back of all my Credit Cards.
I own a business and use my AMX a shit load a month. I can not remember the last time someone asks for my ID.

Because trump is for it, TDS sufferers are against it.

There are reasons why Trump won the election.

One of them is people like TS who pretend to be autistic and take obvious statements of hyperbole from Trump and blow them up into this faux issue for other anti-Trumpers to feed off.

It’s a convincing mechanism. He’s saying you need ID for XYZ, so why not the same for ABC.

Yes, it's a convincing mechanism. But the XYZ he's saying you need an ID for, you don't actually need an ID for.

So in Donald Trump's own logic you don't need an ID to go buy groceries, so why not the same for voting? He's the one trying to make those two things equivalent afterall.

His own inability to coherently fashion statements (and/or complete niavity about how the world works) undercuts what he's try to accomplish with the comparison.

Trump is a senile old man who says stupid stuff so often it's hard to focus on one before the next one comes out.

It's truly his greatest talent.
So what you're saying is Trump is the political equivalent of a scatter gun. Shoot out a load of bullshit and hope to hit someone in the cone? Or maybe another simile would be his mouth is an assault weapon of buffoonery with a high capacity magazine?

If you try to buy Alcohol and or Cigarettes most Supermarkets will as for ID. If you try to buy M rated video games most shops will ask for ID. Nothing he said was factually wrong.

If you try to buy Alcohol and or Cigarettes most Supermarkets will as for ID. If you try to buy M rated video games most shops will ask for ID. Nothing he said was factually wrong.

Nice try on the spin there. Groceries = M rated video games

You know if he meant purchasing those specific things, he could have just said "when you go to the store to buy alcohol". Instead he went with groceries, which isn't any of those things. But again he can't coherently parse a statement. Does he just hire bad speech writers?

Is this another "I can't see why it would(n't) be Russia" thing?

I find it strange to think that there's a country where you don't need an ID to vote.

Organizing your society in a way which will allow all of your citizens to be identifiable to the government institutions, ought to be the first order of things. You generally want to have people on your radar, and actively involved with the organized society.

And no, I don't mean China style. Just having a piece of paper with your face and social security number in it, ought to be enough. Shouldn't be too much to ask.

Excusing half-ass practises with half-ass reasoning ("but, but, some groups of people are less likely to have ID, it's voter suppression"), is even worse than what Trump is doing here. Atleast he's trying to make a case in favour of something that's fairly obviously a good thing, for a well-organized, well-structured society to have.

Last edited:

I am often asked for ID when I pay with check or credit. Not sure why you find that so outlandish.

You know if he meant purchasing those specific things, he could have just said "when you go to the store to buy alcohol". Instead he went with groceries, which isn't any of those things. But again he can't coherently parse a statement. Does he just hire bad speech writers?

No, its not. Normal, law abiding citizens of the US need ID for all sorts of things.

Grocery stores sell alcohol and cigarettes. Which means you may still have to show ID. He's not wrong no matter how much you want to spin it.

I find it strange to think that there's a country where you don't need an ID to vote.

Organizing your society in a way which will allow all of your citizens to be identifiable to the government institutions, ought to be the first order of things. You generally want to have people on your radar, and actively involved with the organized society.

And no, I don't mean China style. Just having a piece of paper with your face and social security number in it, ought to be enough. Shouldn't be too much to ask.

Excusing half-ass practises with half-ass reasoning ("but, but, some groups of people are less likely to have ID, it's voter suppression"), is even worse than what Trump is doing here. Atleast he's trying to make a case in favour of something that's fairly obviously a good thing, for a well-organized, well-structured society to have.

The issue is that in the US, the same people pushing for voter ID laws are usually also the first ones to oppose any effort to make national ID documents mandatory or easy to get. In some cases they also make it more difficult for poor people to get access to an ID. That makes it pretty transparent that they don't really want to prevent fraud, but only for voter suppression.

Let the US have a mandatory national ID document and see this become a none-issue.

Grocery stores sell alcohol and cigarettes. Which means you may still have to show ID. He's not wrong no matter how much you want to spin it.

So if I go into the grocery store and buy some cheese, I need my ID?

<{1-1}>

Back