Trump Rallies: What Will He Think of Next

You can't argue against policy using extreme cases that effect a very small sliver of the population. If 0.01% of the population can't figure out how to get a government-issued ID, we should not sacrifice the security of our elections to ensure they have the option to vote.

And to add a bit of common sense to the discussion, if a bum living on the streets for years can't be arsed to get a job and a house, how likely is he to actually get off his ass and walk into a voting booth? It's completely absurd for anyone to argue against voter ID laws.
Requiring an ID to vote solves a problem that doesn't exist. Voter fraud is miniscule there is no reason to even discuss it as it has zero impact on elections.

No he’s the political equivalent of explosive diarrhea and spray farts
Now that isn't nice. See, this is why we can't have civil discourse here. *shakes head*

He doesn’t drink or smoke. You think he knows that you can buy alcohol at a grocery store in some states.
Only racist sexist kkk people shownid when they do those things

So you’d be fine with it if they allows those Id types

If they weren't systematically removing DMVs from poor areas and tried to make it easier to get IDs, then it would be ok. In my opinion, you should be given at least your first official ID card from your high school.

If they weren't systematically removing DMVs from poor areas and tried to make it easier to get IDs, then it would be ok. In my opinion, you should be given at least your first official ID card from your high school.
If you read the first draft of the healthcare bill way back when they had something like that in the first 100 pages.

If you try to buy Alcohol and or Cigarettes most Supermarkets will as for ID. If you try to buy M rated video games most shops will ask for ID. Nothing he said was factually wrong.

alcohol and cigarettes, and m rated games are groceries now?

Trump could say the sky is green and his pack of morons would be here defending him.

If you read the first draft of the healthcare bill way back when they had something like that in the first 100 pages.
That would have been nice, but I think some states like the revenue from ID cards too much.

Unfortunately Florida, my state, will nickel and dime you with those driver's license replacement fees. It cost 37$ dollars to get a new license with a change of address and that is independent from renewal fees when you're required to get a new picture.

When you're living in apartments and forced to find a new place every two lease renewals or so because the rent goes up 50$ a month every year (often faster than your pay), then those fees start to add up.

Trump could say the sky is green and his pack of morons would be here defending him.
Never doubt trump. Do as trump does
AfraidMassiveIberianmole-size_restricted.gif

That would have been nice, but I think some states like the revenue from ID cards too much.

Unfortunately Florida, my state, will nickel and dime you with those driver's license replacement fees. It cost 37$ dollars to get a new license with a change of address and that is independent from renewal fees when you're required to get a new picture.

When you're living in apartments and forced to find a new place every two lease renewals or so because the rent goes up 50$ a month every year (often faster than your pay), then those fees start to add up.
But no state income tax...

He’s saying you need ID for XYZ, so why not the same for ABC.

Presumably, there are bona fide fraud concerns for XYZ and the absence of a critically important interest that is impaired. For voter ID laws, there is absolutely zero evidence, despite decades of trying to find it, of voter fraud in remotely meaningful capacities. Meanwhile, there are compendiums of evidence that voter ID laws prevent literally millions of valid votes.

Anyways, regardless of the validity of his argumentative structure, the argument itself was idiotic because he's so out of touch with how ordinary people conduct their lives.

You ever heard of days off? I get 25 days off per year buddy. I can use those to protest or whatever else the hell I want.

The balloon is childish but Trump isn't right? Nothing is over the top when it comes to Trump. Sorry, but he made it that way.

So because Trump is acting like a child, then that gives anyone carte blanche to copy him in retaliation? <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

The Best Retaliation is to vote him out of office in 2020, PERIOD.

(it's anybody's guess if that actually happens but there you go....)

Requiring an ID to vote solves a problem that doesn't exist. Voter fraud is miniscule there is no reason to even discuss it as it has zero impact on elections.
Remember when Don the Con tried to blame his popular vote loss on voter fraud, the man lies about everything. He is just trying to setup an excuse when he loses.

Yes, it's a convincing mechanism. But the XYZ he's saying you need an ID for, you don't actually need an ID for.

So in Donald Trump's own logic you don't need an ID to go buy groceries, so why not the same for voting? He's the one trying to make those two things equivalent afterall.

His own inability to coherently fashion statements (and/or complete niavity about how the world works) undercuts what he's try to accomplish with the comparison.

You people just don’t get it.

He doesn’t have any inabilities in public relations with fans. The guy is a billionaire and talked himself into the presidency within a single year.

You’re the one that doesn’t get it, not him.

Presumably, there are bona fide fraud concerns for XYZ and the absence of a critically important interest that is impaired. For voter ID laws, there is absolutely zero evidence, despite decades of trying to find it, of voter fraud in remotely meaningful capacities. Meanwhile, there are compendiums of evidence that voter ID laws prevent literally millions of valid votes.

What is the evidence that voter id laws prevent votes? I’m legitimately curious.

Back