Troy: The Director's Cut

I strongly disliked the original because they took too many liberties with the source material. Too many major plot events were just flat out wrong. You can fill in the blanks but they skipped dots that needed to be hit and changed courses.

Agamemnon makes it out alive and gets killed when he gets home. You can't write that differently.

That's a massively important plot point because his murder at home in his bathtub sets up a whole new trilogy.

I enjoyed Troy.

Will have to check this one out.

I strongly disliked the original because they took too many liberties with the source material. Too many major plot events were just flat out wrong. You can fill in the blanks but they skipped dots that needed to be hit and changed courses.

Agamemnon makes it out alive and gets killed when he gets home. You can't write that differently.

That's a massively important plot point because his murder at home in his bathtub sets up a whole new trilogy.
I'm perfectly fine with them doing what they did to Agamemnon. This was not a retelling of the Illiad, in my opinion, it was a more imagined of what the Battle of Troy could have been in reality, rather than story, as we know Troy did in fact exist. It's its own story, and I'm fine with that.

The fight between Hector and Achilles is fckin awesome. Some amazing choreography. Love how they captured that supreme confidence rockstar swagger of Achilles in that fight.
i felt bad for hector though, he seemed like a good dude. I think the best scene is when they summon Brad from his den while he's sleeping with some chick to fight the best warrior they have. Then he does the jumping strike kill shot on that giant of a man.

Actually I like when they stormed Apollo's temple as well.

Last edited:
i felt bad for hector though, he seemed like a good dude. I think the best scene is when they summon Brad from his den while he's sleeping with some chick to fight the best warrior they have. Then he does the jumping strike kill shot on that giant of a man. Swag
Brad should be fucking Patroclus.

817WG-oDiEL._SX342_.jpg

Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut > Troy Director's Cut.

I literally hated this movie until I saw the director's cut.

I'm perfectly fine with them doing what they did to Agamemnon. This was not a retelling of the Illiad, in my opinion, it was a more imagined of what the Battle of Troy could have been in reality, rather than story, as we know Troy did in fact exist. It's its own story, and I'm fine with that.

Yeah no. Not me.

Would you be cool with the Passion of the Christ ending with a pardon before crucifixion occurs and Christ never dies on the hill but instead goes on to open a network of homeless shelters in Jerusalem, marries Mary Magdelene, and has a few kids before dying comfortably in his bed at the age of 85?

No, because that would be a retarded retelling of an incredibly well established story.

You can add more meat to the bones of an epic like this but deciding that the skeleton should be arranged differently is just retarded.

Last edited:
not going to read all 3 pages, somebody praised dem Diane Kuger boobs?

It’s pretty good, but did you ever see the first season of Wacky Delly?

Thank you for this TS,

I'm one of the rare that loves the Director's cut of Alexander also..

Sorry, love history..

Yeah no. Not me.

Would you be cool with the Passion of the Christ ending with a pardon before crucifixion occurs and Christ never dies on the hill but instead goes on to open homeless shelter in Jerusalem, marries Mary Magdelene, and has a few kids before dieing comfortably in his bed at the age of 85?

No, because that would be a retarded retelling of an incredibly well established story.

You can add more meat to the bones of a legend like this but deciding that the skeleton should be arranged differently is just retarded.
Thank you for this TS,

I'm one of the rare that loves the Director's cut of Alexander also..

Sorry, love history..
Is there a version of Alexander that is good? I have heard only negative things about that movie.

I always pictured this guy as The Mountain before GOT came out on HBO.

nathan-jones_110745.jpg

How many of you have seen the original Troy that came out in 2004, starring Brad Pitt? The general consensus is pretty mixed, with the majority admiring the spectacle but criticizing the lack of depth.

But did you know there's a director's cut that vastly improves on the original? It is recut and lengthened thirty minutes, and all the depth that was lacking, including character development, is now present. Not only that, it expands the battles and are made much more bloody and gory. Apparently it was shortened and toned down in order to appeal to a larger, more casual audience, but in doing so removed too much of it's grit and savagery. The director's cut restores it to the way it was meant to be viewed, and makes it into the grand epic classic it should have been in the first place.

Take this scene for example, particularly Ajax's rampage starting at 3:50. Note the bloody brutality of Ajax's onslaught.

Now compare it to the theatrical release, which was much more toned down. Here, the Ajax bit is significantly shortened and stripped of it's brutal element.

The sacking of Troy is also greatly expanded upon, and whereas they could almost get away with a PG-13 rating for the theatrical release, scenes like this firmly place at an R rating. The director's cut holds nothing back, and shows about what you'd expect from the reality of a sacked city, whereas the theatrical release just glossed over most of the ugly moments.

If you saw the original and were disappointed, I'd strongly recommend seeing the director's cut. It makes the movie into a much more worthwhile, enjoyable experience. This movie isn't remembered as fondly as it should be, and I'd imagine a large number of people aren't aware of the Director's Cut, as I certainly wasn't. I already enjoyed the original, but this version makes it so much better.

Thanks for the info. Gonna keep a look out for the blu ray.

Kingdom of Heaven is another one that vastly improved with the Directors Cut.

Back