Tony wants his rematch with Justin Gaethje

Tony Ferguson vs Dan Hooker

Justin Gaethje vs Khabib

Conor vs Dustin Poirer

my matchmaking

Tony deserves a rematch, he accepted Gaedje as a last minute replacement to Khabib. I think he had no more than about a week and a half to prepare for Gaedje.

Tony himself said for the good part of 6 months he had been doing nothing but preparing for Khabibs takedowns and being able to get escape and get back to his feet. He had prepared for a standup but his priority had been Khabibs ground game.

Tony gave an opportunity to Gaedje at the last minute. It is only fair Gaedje reciprocates the favour. Lets see how Gaedje does when Tony prepares properly for him.

What say you?
I thought Tony said he doesnt game plan and goes in with the same strategy for every fight lmao

Would have been a better call out if he said something like 'fight me when I've trained to take out a stand up brawler and not had 2 camps worth of training for a wrestler'

Even then that is a stretch for a rematch so early.

Tony lost he needs to get over it and move on. Hope he doesnt turn out like Conor.

neah

khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-tony-ferguson.jpg

is the fight to make

Nope Tony blew it, now he needs to win again.

Reactions: mkt
Tony deserves a rematch, he accepted Gaedje as a last minute replacement to Khabib. I think he had no more than about a week and a half to prepare for Gaedje.

Tony himself said for the good part of 6 months he had been doing nothing but preparing for Khabibs takedowns and being able to get escape and get back to his feet. He had prepared for a standup but his priority had been Khabibs ground game.

Tony gave an opportunity to Gaedje at the last minute. It is only fair Gaedje reciprocates the favour. Lets see how Gaedje does when Tony prepares properly for him.

What say you?
Lol the excuses
<36>

You talking about boxing? You have any idea how old Hopkins was when he won world championships?

Did you not read where I said age affects lighter weight classes the most? I'm well aware of Couture, Cormier and other older fighters being successful in the heavier weight classes. Show me a 155 pound or smaller boxer or MMA fighter who did what Couture or George Foreman did at their age.

Plus, Tony has no conceivable gameplan that will work if Gaethje repeats his performance. Remember, Justin had a short training camp and still had the cardio to beat Tony up for 5 rounds. Tony's offensive wrestling/TDD are too weak to take Justin down. And a slowed-down Tony isn't going to win a striking war. Let Tony fight someone like Poirier and prove me wrong...until then, he doesn't deserve an instant rematch with a guy who beat him solidly every round and finished him.

For the record, I was hoping Tony would win. And I think if they fought about 3 years ago, Tony would've beaten the version of Gaethje who was much less disciplined and gassed after 3 rounds. But that's not relevant now.

I thought Tony said he doesnt game plan and goes in with the same strategy for every fight lmao
When you're fighting arguably the best grappler in mma, you prepare for Khabibs ground game. Whether or not it does any good or not is another matter, but you prepare for it like the devils biting your arse.

I don't see a rematch getting any better for Ferguson. Seriously, he took a hell of a beating in that fight, almost like it was to the brink of death; it got uncomfortable to watch by the end of it. Too tough for his own good. I'm not sure how he's gonna look after that, especially at his age.
I can easily see how it can go the other way. The knee that landed in 2nd round would have been a stopper if landed any time sooner..

0 percent chance he gets that fight.

Justin vs Conor for vacated title

Tony vs Dustin for next shot

Hooker vs do Bronx

Max vs. Tony would be the shit !!

Right now Tony knows he isn't getting that rematch any time soon

He shouldn't want that anyways .. kinda like mAx shouldn't want Volkanovski

Tony needs a win first then he can justify a rematch. Not to sound like an apologist but it prob sucks preparing for a wrestler for 6 months only to switch to preparing for one of the best strikers/boxers in the UFC. Would be interested to see how Tony would do vs Justin when he's had a full camp to prepare for one opponent.

Back