Thoughts on UFC 300 so far?

I thought about it in another thread...

<EdgyBrah>

Main is Alex v either Izzy or Aspinall. All 5 fights tho could easily main event a regular card.
I tend to agree the main event is likely to be some combo of :
Pereira (at 205 or HW)
Aspinall at HW
Adesanya at 185
Dricus at 185 or 205
Strickland at 185

NB: I really do not believe for 1minute that Adesanya WANTS to fight Pereira AGAIN and this time at 205lbs.

UFC 100 was a 10/10 card.
UFC 200 09/10
UFC 300 05/10 as for now.

Still shaping up to be an average to above average PPV card. 299 is arguably still better at this point. Still a few more slots to fill, so maybe they can pull a rabbit out of the hat. But, the viable options are getting fewer and fewer.
I don't know if you know what average means if you think that's an average card

Two words:
Main event.

Does even goof know whats it going to be?

People might expect too much because of the rounded number but there's plenty of decent fights on there

The card has Oliveira, Arman,Weili, and Jiri and possibly Aspinall or Alex. 10/10 card no matter who else is on it

I tend to agree the main event is likely to be some combo of :
Pereira (at 205 or HW)
Aspinall at HW
Adesanya at 185
Dricus at 185 or 205
Strickland at 185

NB: I really do not believe for 1minute that Adesanya WANTS to fight Pereira AGAIN and this time at 205lbs.

Adesanya fighting Pereira at 185 does nothing for either guy or this event, no title would be on the line and that's what they need. Adesanya vs Peiera at 205 is the only way this fight ever gets made. Doubt Alex is ever going down to 185 again. Stakes and pride is all Adesanya talks about my opinion he only ever fights Alex again if it is for the 205 belt nothing else.

Adesanya fighting Pereira at 185 does nothing for either guy or this event, no title would be on the line and that's what they need. Adesanya vs Peiera at 205 is the only way this fight ever gets made. Doubt Alex is ever going down to 185 again. Stakes and pride is all Adesanya talks about my opinion he only ever fights Alex again if it is for the 205 belt nothing else.
Yes, agreed. That is why I wrote "Pereira (at 205 or HW):" in my post.
I didn't say Pereira at 185lbs because, yes, he is done with that weight-class.

I CAN see Adesanya fighting du Plessis OR Strickland as the main event at UFC300.
- In fact....I think that is EXACTLY what will happen.
UFC are going to pay the winner of Dricus/Sean's fight this weekend enough money to take the main event 185lb MW title=fight as the headline of UFC 300 in April. That is my firm expectation. Dricus has already said he'd love to fight at UFC300. IF he has that belt....it's gonna be on. Backstory with Dricus/Israel and backstory with Sean/Israel.

UFC need a big title fight, and that will be it. I don't think, respectfully, that Aspinall is (yet) a big enough name to headline UFC300.

It has a lot of potential. PPV worthy? Yes. UFC 300 worthy? Not in my opinion

Yes, agreed. That is why I wrote "Pereira (at 205 or HW):" in my post.
I didn't say Pereira at 185lbs because, yes, he is done with that weight-class.

I CAN see Adesanya fighting du Plessis OR Strickland as the main event at UFC300.
- In fact....I think that is EXACTLY what will happen.
UFC are going to pay the winner of Dricus/Sean's fight this weekend enough money to take the main event 185lb MW title=fight as the headline of UFC 300 in April. That is my firm expectation. Dricus has already said he'd love to fight at UFC300. IF he has that belt....it's gonna be on. Backstory with Dricus/Israel and backstory with Sean/Israel.

UFC need a big title fight, and that will be it. I don't think, respectfully, that Aspinall is (yet) a big enough name to headline UFC300.

Ahhh I read that wrong lol

Yes! I like that thought, I much rather see Izzy vs DDP if DDP pulls it off. The build up would be fantastic and can give 300 that buzz everyone has been itching for. I think he needs to put Alex behind him for a while at least till his confidence comes back after the Sean fight.

Izzy vs DDP and Leon vs Belal with everything else announce and I'm pretty happy with 300. Maybe 1 more semi big fight and I'm all good.

Ahhh I read that wrong lol

Yes! I like that thought, I much rather see Izzy vs DDP if DDP pulls it off. The build up would be fantastic and can give 300 that buzz everyone has been itching for. I think he needs to put Alex behind him for a while at least till his confidence comes back after the Sean fight.

Izzy vs DDP and Leon vs Belal with everything else announce and I'm pretty happy with 300. Maybe 1 more semi big fight and I'm all good.
Yes I believe that Adesanya already knows that he is lined up for the main event at UFC300.
I thionk also Dricus has been told IF he wins this fight this weekend that he will be offered to defend his belt at UFC300.

So.... if Dricus win, I expect UFC to announce within a week or two that Adesanya vs Dricus is the headliner at UFC300. Good as a done deal. And if Sean wins....I am sure Israel would like to run that fight back too.....

Very good undercard, missing a main event obviously. Not sure any realistic main event will end up living to the massive standards people have placed upon it. But if it’s not the massive headliner but they still they add 1-2 more title fights, you’re looking at a very strong card.
I think Khamzat/Izzy vs DDP/Sean and Leon/Belal is the best they can do

It would still give a solid card:

Khamzat/Izzy vs DDP/Sean
Leon vs Belal
WMMA battle for China
Max vs Justin
Oliveira vs Arman

Jiri vs Rakic
Figgy vs Cody
Aljo vs Kattar
Green vs Bobby

I think Khamzat/Izzy vs DDP/Sean and Leon/Belal is the best they can do

It would still give a solid card:

Khamzat/Izzy vs DDP/Sean
Leon vs Belal
WMMA battle for China
Max vs Justin
Oliveira vs Arman

Jiri vs Rakic
Figgy vs Cody
Aljo vs Kattar
Green vs Bobby
If that’s the case it’s a very strong card. But given the massive expectations some have and the lack of a crazy headliner, the reception to it would probably be unjustly negative by a lot of people.

If that’s the case it’s a very strong card. But given the massive expectations some have and the lack of a crazy headliner, the reception to it would probably be unjustly negative by a lot of peopeople
Yeah I could see it.

That card is really solid but I also understand the anticipation for a "big" fight for UFC 300. And it looks like we won't get one.

And Leon/Belal and WMMA China is midly interesting to be honest, and that's 40% of the main card.

For the casual market, the UFC would've been better off with a crazy main event and a more average card.

Yeah I could see it.

That card is really solid but I also understand the anticipation for a "big" fight for UFC 300. And it looks like we won't get one.

And Leon/Belal and WMMA China is midly interesting to be honest, and that's 40% of the main card.

For the casual market, the UFC would've been better off with a crazy main event and a more average card.
Yeah, of course we’d all love a massive main event but I just don’t think they have a realistic option. Best they can do is have a stacked card with relevant fights.

One or both of izzy or khamzat or perrera or also all have to save the main event

I think only one or both of those 4 can main this card

Back